“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Save up to 25% +Free Wifi
Ranked #49 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here from the 18/feb until 28/feb and thought it was a great hotel.the beds are really comfy and the rooms were nice.Frank and Robert were really helpful when it came to how to get around the area ,and always asked us how our day was when we returned to the hotel ,they are definitely an asset to the anabella.on the down side wasnt that fussed on the breakfast at the tangerine grill ,but Jon who works in there was really good.Theres a restaurant next door called tiffys , give this place a miss ,food cold and staff not very nice , instead go to Cocos , great food and friendly staff and they have the best pie I've ever had , and the prices were good as well

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear lesley h,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very happy you think our hotel is great, found the beds comfy and the rooms nice!
Our Bellman Frank and Robert will be very thrilled to hear you remembered them and mentioned them on Trip Advisor. Both Frank and Robert have a vast knowledge of the area and are wonderful with our guests. They definitely brighten up our lobby! I will also let the Tangerine Grill know you appreciated Jon’s service.
Tiffy’s is right next door and most of our guests go there solely for their homemade ice cream. Coco’s is also nearby and very popular for their premium pies. However don’t forget the short walk to Downtown Disney where there are tons of great restaurants to choose from as well as a ten minute walk down to the Garden Walk. The area is filled with great dining options of many different types of cuisines, one of the best things about Southern California.
Again Lesley H, thank you for rating us on Trip Advisor and for staying with us. We definitely hope you visit again soon!
Best,
Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just returned yesterday from staying at the hotel for a week. The proximity to Disney was great but the ability to get sleep is lacking. We chose the Kids Suite so that our boys could sleep in separate rooms. This worked out great. However, the hotel must be made out of wood and no concrete between floors. You can hear everything that your neighbour is doing. When they are showering, moving in the room, etc. Then there are the cleaners that like to roll their trolleys loudly past your room or on the floor above you. I couldn't wait to get home for a decent night's sleep. Maybe in the summer when the air conditioning is running, the loudness will be offset with the machine. However, the machine is right next to one side of the Queen sized bed (I ran into it during the night) therefore only the main room will have that influence. Neither of the two kids rooms have air conditioning so not sure hot it would be for them.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not in the 8000 block for rooms as that is near where all the cleaners store their...
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My 9 year old daughter and I just returned from a three day getaway at Disneyland, and we had the pleasure of trying out The Anabella hotel for our first trip to the area. We were very pleased with our choice. For $129 per night with the third night free, we had a large room with a semi-private patio that contained a small table and chairs and a comfy chaise lounge. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the room was clean and tastefully appointed. My only complaint is that the bathroom was quite dated, but the hotel itself is older so that is understandable.

We utilized the pool area all three days, even though it was a little chilly, and found it to be quite relaxing. The hot tub is a nice size and the pool was heated to a comfortable temperature. Pool towels were plentiful and the lounge chairs poolside were quite comfy. There are gas lamps situated around the pool deck for chillier days to keep you warm and toasty that the bar staff are happy to light for you if you choose.

Speaking of the bar, the Tangerine happy hour menu is the best deal in Anaheim, and perhaps the best deal in all of southern California. Don't even think about eating dinner in the parks or Downtown Disney, save your pennies and eat poolside! From 2:30pm-6pm every day a happy hour menu is available that includes a plate of mini sliders and fries, buffalo chicken wings, pork and shrimp wontons, teryaki chicken skewers and another choice or two for $5.00 each, as well as a menu of $5 cocktails and $7 martinis. For $30 or less you can feed your entire family without breaking the bank or feeling hungry later. The sliders were a large plate of food by itself and are the best value on the menu.

Every staff member from the door men, to the concierge, to the desk staff were very friendly and helpful. When we return to Anaheim we will absolutely stay at the Anabella again. We were very pleased with our stay, it's an excellent value for your money within walking distance of the parks!

Room Tip: If you want a room with hard wood floors, ASK for one. Don't just go with run of the house.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Caseykassidy,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear you and your daughter were very pleased with your stay.

Our resort pool area is great for families, it's awesome you were able to enjoy it all three days of your vacation. The restaurant will be thrilled to hear you think so highly of our happy hour.

Again, thank you for your Trip Advisor review and for your kind words regarding our staff. We very much look forward to your return!

Edmonds, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here during our trip to Disneyland. The proximity is fantastic but I wasn't impressed with the room itself, tho how much time will you really spend in the room? It was clean, the bed was comfortable but there was no bedside table on one side... I tipped over my glass of water by accident. There is no carpet on the floor so it was an easy clean up but I didn't like the laminate under my feet at night. The desk chair was broken and the front staff was robotic. We also sat next to a gal at the bar who was unable to order a drink cuz the bar wasn't well stocked and had no top shelf spirits. BYOB if you're a "top shelf" connoisseur. I just think I'd try my luck elsewhere next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Mardy1,

Thank you for posting your review with fellow Trip Advisor Travelers. We can appreciate your honest and candid review of the Anabella Hotel & Resort. Our Operations Team has been working tirelessly to improve the overall quality of all of our guest rooms. To validate our commitment and provide the best overall value in the area we’ve been renovating 5 rooms per week.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the overall location, sleep quality, & cleanliness of our Mission Style Resort; however, the Tangerine Bar typically offers a wide range of “top shelf spirits” and our energetic staff is always eager to help. My apologizes if we feel short while we addressed your concerns.

From the entire Anabella Hotel Team, we look forward to another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Anaheim Resort Area. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further questions or comments.

Kind Regards,
Brandon J. Jemison
Shoreview, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed one night in a King room. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the pool was nice. The room was also on the small side and showed signs of wear. There was only one window that opened onto the parking lot and no bathtub. Also, the phone handset didn't work, only the speakerphone. I was disappointed that the front desk did not offer complimentary toothbrushes when we realized we'd forgotten one, most places we've stayed (and forgotten a toiletry essential) have been happy to provide a complimentary replacement. The place is huge! So many rooms. The price and location made it a good choice.

Dear Moxy_16,

Thank you for sharing our 1600th review on Trip Advisor! We have received so much valuable feedback and wish for more to continue our success.

There is a multitude of variations of our room types. Several of our Bella King rooms come equipped with a shower only but as a request a bathtub can be accommodated. Please feel free to make this request next time you visit. You will be happy to hear that we do now have complimentary toothbrushes if needed. We do offer a broader assortment of toiletries through our Gift Shop at a nominal cost as well.

With over 14 different room types and up to 4 variations of each, we truly believe that the perfect room is here to meet the needs of travelers of any demographic.

Moxy_16, thank you once again for your kind words and we look forward to another opportunity to serve.

Warmest Regards,
Brandon J. Jemison
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

As a Professional travel agent, I stay in a lot of hotels in a lot of different cities, and the Anabella just doesnt make the cut! I have stayed in $35 dollar a night hotels in Vegas that were so incredibly nice, so please dont get the impression that I am some kind of hotel snob.

I called the Anabella before we arrived because I had serious concerns about the property based on reviews on I read here on Trip Advisor. The people I spoke to were very nice and helpful, but they basically just repeated the same thing over and over again. When I tried to address the issues I had concerns about based on other peoples reviews of the Anabella, I was assisted well but was also informed that people from other hotels go onto this Anabella review page and leave negative reviews just to try and ruin their reputation. Hmmmm excuses, excuses and not a very likely story or a professional response in my opinion.

Our check-in was fine and the front desk staff was helpful, but no one bothered to notify us of the package of chocolate dipped strawberries that I had delivered to the hotel and was waiting for us. Next, we had to try and find parking which was nearly impossible! And to boot, we got charged for the pleasure of having to search high and low for a parking space and then walk a long distance with our bags to our room.

Our room was "okay" at best. 1 bed was nearly right up against a wall on one side making it virtually impossible to get in and out of bed on that side, and the other bed had the Air conditioner just inches away from it which made it impossible to use unless one person was okay with having frozen feet because the A/C unit was right next to the foot of the bed. Even tho our room was supposed to be one of their better rooms, it was average at best. The walls and ceilings are paper thin and the walkways outside are extremely noisy! In addition, you could tell that housekeeping doesnt clean under the beds as there was garbage and dirt on the wood floor underneath our bed.

Even tho I had asked who the manager on duty was before we checked in, in case there were any problems to address, Brandon was nowhere to be found! When I realized the next morning as we were about to check out that I had forgotten about our strawberries, I went to retrieve them and was promptly charged a $3.00 "receiving fee" for having them delivered to the hotel. There was also a resort fee on top of all the other fees, but there was nothing provided for that fee! No coffee, no paper, no nothing! Just another add on fee to help pad the Anabella's bottom line.

There is absolutely no "Wow factor" to the Anabella whatsoever!!! The only redeeming quality for this so called "Hotel" (it is really more of a motel than a "hotel") is it's close proximity to Disneyland. Our final bill went way up from our reservation rate with all the taxes, add on charges, parking, etc that they could possibly think of to come up with! Would I recommend this property to any of my clients??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! I would tell them to check into the Holiday Inn Express down the street as they would probably get a better value for their money and not be nickle and dimed to death like we were!

Dont be fooled by low rates to book this hotel because you will pay a lot more on the back end when you go to check out!!! The Anabella is happy to get your business but they really wont do anything to earn your repeat business. And dont be fooled by the responses on this site from the Anabella staff either, if you read the responses carefully, you will notice that they are all pretty much for the most part, "Canned" "Cut and pasted" responses with very little differences in them. If the Anabella really cared, they would take the time to individually write a custom worded response to all of the negative reviews on this site. And, as to their "if you had only let us know about the problem while you were here, we would have fixed it" statement like they seem to post a lot... well, we did try and let you know while we were there and management was nowhere to be found and never responded to our request for assistance! Thanks Brandon! By the way, You owe me the $3.00 that your front desk agent said she wasnt going to charge us for the delivery and then promptly did!!!

Room Tip: If you absolutely MUST stay at this hotel, call ahead first and tell them of your concerns and they...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Charles R,

Thank you for your recent review of the Anabella Hotel in regards to your January stay. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

It was disappointing to hear that we were unable to live up to our high brand standards that we strive for. Genuine efforts were made to exceed your expectations by offering a complimentary upgrade to our Premiere King Suite over our Bella King. To encourage those in the travel industry to stay with us, we also offered a discounted parking rate for you. I’m sorry this was not sufficient for you and comparable to your Las Vegas visits. We are always up for suggestions as well as critiques. Our goal is to provide our guests with an experience which exceeds their expectations and truly is representative of our Mission Style Resort.

We are not in the business of making excuses but rather striving for improvement. Our management team would never encourage our staff to make gestures about the authenticity of any review posted. These remarks have been shared with entire hotel staff to prevent comments of this nature from ever occurring again.

Please rest assured that in the time since your stay with us changes have been made and we have taken your feedback seriously. It is extremely important to my entire management team that we follow up with any request to speak with us. I’m not sure how we missed each other during your visit but multiple attempts have been made to contact you since to discuss your stay personally.

Should you wish to further discuss your concerns, I can be reached via email at BJemison@Anabellahotel.com

Brandon Jemison
714-905-1050
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy my stay at the Anabella, awesome & professional staff. Room are nice. Beds are HEAVENLY and feels like you are sleeping in clouds after along day at the Disneyland Resort. This hotel is in a great location and will always be my #1 hotel when my family and friends go to Disneyland and or go to Southern Califorina.

• Stayed February 2013
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Spiritfingers,
Thank you so much for your review. It is such an honor with all the hotels in this area that you chose us to be your #1 hotel. Your loyalty to our property means more than you will ever know. Thank you for the recognition on our awesome and professional staff, we have such a great team here and it makes us so happy you think so, too! We are very pleased to hear you find our beds ‘heavenly’ and can thoroughly enjoy them after a long day at the park.

Thank you again for choosing us time and time again. We look forward to your next visit!

All the best,