“good location and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
California
“good location and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was concerned by some less-than-stellar reviews of this property but the location was great and we found a really great deal through Travelzoo. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The staff was extremely accommodating. It's not a 4 or 5 star resort but I'd consider it a strong 3+ and, for the price, it's a great value. I would stay again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Emanville,

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here at The Anabella. Located just a ten minute walk from Disneyland and having a team that provides such excellent service we are truly a hidden gem amongst all of the hotels in the Anaheim area. Thank you for choosing our property for your stay in Anaheim and thank you for your positive review. We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Anabella Hotel in Anaheim is a hidden treasure. Immaculately maintained and with super-attentive staff, it is located just across the road from Disneyland Park, and has a shuttle service stop right at the door to take you to the Disneyland gates. This Spanish style hotel was a real surprise for us, but we found large, comfortable rooms, two lovely pools (one just for the kids) and a lovely restaurant and bar on site. Next door is a deli/coffeeshop/ice cream bar and within easy walking distance are several moderately priced restaurants and good shopping. Don't waste big $$$ on the Disneyland hotels; Anabella is 5 minutes away and is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room, as there is no elevator to take you to the upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear chezza046,

Wow, thank you so much for your review! It is so refreshing to hear your kind words, it gives us here at The Anabella the motivation to keep doing what we do when we have guests like you! We pride ourselves here on our seven acres of landscaped grounds; our landscapers will be so pleased to hear you noticed their hard work. I am also so happy to hear you enjoyed our restaurant, the Award-Winning Tangerine Grill & Patio. I will also be sure to pass on your review to them as well.

Being such a large property we do have ten buildings here. In our largest three story building we do have an elevator and in our two story buildings do not, however for our guests that prefer second story rooms in these buildings our bellman are at your service for whatever assistance our guests may need.

Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope on your next trip to Anaheim we will see you again!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My friend and I chose The Anabella because of the proximity to Disneyland. The staff at the hotel are genuine and helpful not "over-the-top." The food was tasty, the room absolutely lovely and the surroundings pleasant. I was visiting from Australia and travelled down to Anaheim with my friend who lives in Northern California. Due to unforeseen circumstances, my friend had to leave early to go home. The staff assisted me in every way that I needed, to have a nice time for the remainder of my trip and find my way to the airport. I enjoyed my time there immensely and recommend the hotel to anyone who wants value, friendliness, comfort and proximity to Disneyland.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Nooey70,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Here at The Anabella our staff is committed to making all our guests feel comfortable and we will always do everything we can to make sure all of our guest’s needs are met. It is unfortunate that your friend had to leave early but very great to know that the remainder of your trip was still a good time.

We are very happy to hear that you found your room lovely and the surroundings pleasant. Being an outdoor property and an award recipient of “Anaheim’s Most Beautiful Property” this is the exact feedback we hope for.

Again, thank you so much for your positive review. We hope when you come back to California that you will stay with us again!

Glendale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I made a last minute trip to Disneyland this past weekend, so we of course booked a room at the Anabella. We checked in late Friday night, Derek was working the front desk and he was ridiculously friendly. To my surprise, we found out our room had been upgraded!! Our room was spacious and clean, and relatively quiet for the area (we had stompers in the room above us, but no other noise). Looking foward to going again later this month!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KellyMcG86,

It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay here at The Anabella. We are so happy you liked your room and will definitely let our Front Desk Agent Derek know your kind words. There are so many hotels to choose from in the area and we want to thank you for your loyalty. We are excited to have you back later this month, please let us know when you book your room so we can try and get you on the second floor to assure an even quieter stay. Again, thank you so much for your positive review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Anabella is a great semi-resort hotel, located near the Downtown Disney side of Disneyland. Catch a Groupon deal if you can for $79 or so. The bedding was the best I ever slept in from any hotel. The Tangerine Cafe for breakfast was a good deal. The adults only pool with bar service was great!! .. a great local getaway!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a patio, just in case you want to use it
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We chose this location because it looked and sounded beautiful and it was close to Disneyland. The room was decent. My heater took a very very long time to warm up. They only provided enough coffee for one cup. I didn't like that I had to haul my luggage up the stairs by myself. We also had three rooms which they guareented would be next to each other and they were not. We weren't even in the same building. My biggest complaint was that we had to pay for internet each night. I felt like that was just "another fee."

That being said, the free breakfast was ok. They did allow for an exchange of an item for my gluten free child. My kids enjoyed the pool although we had to figure out how to turn the outdoor lights and heaters on ourselves.

AND DON'T GO TO THE SPA! They nickled and dimed us for everything for our pedicure. It was one of the worst pedis I've ever had and they made us pay for things that are standard in a regular pedicure. What started out at a 25$ pedicure ended up at over 50$ dollars and I came out cheap compared to my other family members!
Overall not a bad place to stay but it just wasn't how it was described and for the money, not sure that I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Tami S, Thank you for sharing your experience at the Anabella Hotel & Resort with fellow travelers. Your honest review is valued and we will continue to utilize feedback such as yours for improvement.

We are an exterior property that has stair cases to access upper floors. Our Solano Building offers an elevator, there are first floor rooms, and dedicated Bellman to list a few options to avoid hauling your luggage up stairs by yourself. Your comfort is of the upmost importance and we will do anything in our power to accommodate our guest’s needs.

Our Tangerine Restaurant Bar & Grill’s seasonally inspired menu offers a wide range of options suitable for the whole family. I’m sorry you found breakfast to be mediocre, however, pleased that our team was able to go above and beyond to accommodate your child’s dietary needs.

The Bella Salon is privately owned and operated but I’ll be sure to pass on your feedback to their management for review. I do apologize on their behalf for not providing the relaxing pampering you deserved.

Tami S, please let me know the best way to contact you as I would love to have you and your family back again. My Guest Service Team would love to provide the personalized service we strive for. Your patronage is truly valued here at the Anabella Hotel & Resort

Kind Regards,
Brandon Jemison
Assistant Front Desk Manager
714-905-1050
Henderson, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've stayed at The Anabella twice, most recently in January 2103. I chose this location because of its proximity to the Disneyland Resort. I would consider this hotel a "walking-distance" hotel, as it is only a 10-minute walk from the Paradise Pier hotel and the Grand Californian hotel, both of whom are on-site properties. No doubt, at the end of a long day of touring the parks, it can be exhausting to tackle an extra 10 minutes or so of walking (compared to walking to the trams or to on-site properties).

As for the room, our most recent stay was in a Casita Suite. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in the room; it was carpeted (our prior stay was in a Premier King and Double with hardwood floors) and I attribute the carpet to the musty, "Haunted Mansion" smell that permeated the room. We had an additional guests - a couple of flies - that were constant companions in the bathrooms (I could never get close enough to swat them). Also present were the long, dark strands of hair from whoever must of stayed in the room prior to our stay, stuck to the walls and door of our bathroom. Yuck.

I want to chalk these things (smells, flies, hairs) up to bad luck; our previous stay (in the aforementioned Premier King and Double) featured a very nicely decorated room, comfortable enough for five, clean, very enjoyable. I also really enjoyed onsite restaurant, the Tangerine Grill, for its delicious breakfasts. I didn't use the pools, but overall it feels like a nice property to spend a day (if not in the parks), and I feel safe at night.

If I had any other complaint, it would be with the reservation system. We originally wanted to stay 4 nights (for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon) but the rates for the first two nights were much lower than the last two nights (we ended up moving to the Hyatt, less money, no hairs...). But as I was trying to make the Anabella work out for all four nights I "called" the number on the website that states it is for "Exclusive Discounts" and was told by the CS agent that (1) they do offer any specials other than what is listed on the website and (2) they were booked due to a convention. It might have been true, but when we checked out to move down the street, it didn't look very full. And if they do not offer any discounts for the call, they shouldn't advertise as such.

Will we stay again? Perhaps. When we visit the DLR I am always weighing cost vs. convenience vs. possible issues (like smells and hairs). I really, really want to love the Anabella. So we'll see.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that some rooms have "hard wood styled" floors, and others are carpeted. Ask...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!