“good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Melbourne, Australia
“good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed with my husband and two boys in late september. Great value for money, room decent and clean. Swimming pool was loved by the kids , as well as the pool side food and drinks by my husband! Would most likely stay again if ever travelling that way, my only complaint was from the initial front desk staff, a bit rude and rushed but then everyone has a bad day every now and then! Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Julie5350,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with your family!

All of our staff takes exceptional pride in maintaining our resort and pool areas. Every corner of our property is meticulously worked on to provide a beautiful escape and experience for our guests’. I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks to our groundskeepers and restaurant.

I would like to sincerely apologize for not providing the attentive and high quality of service which is expected, during your check in process. I will be sure this concern is passed along to the front desk as this is not up to our standard of service.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. Please let us know the next time you will be in the Anaheim Resort area, as we look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to serve you! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

(714)905-1050

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was really and the grounds were pretty and welcoming. The parking lot was rather small and you had to pay for parking on top of the price of the hotel stay itself, never heard of that before. We were accompanied with breakfast vouchers for a free breakfast. Our waitress was fun and friendly and great with our 5 year old daughter. Although our vouchers were limited on what was provided, I thought we should be able to upgrade to a preferable breakfast. I know somewhere along the line I essentially paid for breakfast with my package, nothing comes for free. The hotel was within walking distance of Disneyland, which was good for being able to come and go. I would stay again

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Sbanthony,

All of our staff takes great pride in not only maintaining our grounds but providing exemplary customer service. Every corner of our property is meticulously worked on to provide a beautiful escape and experience for our guests’. I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks to all of staff and the restaurant.

In regards to parking, all hotels in the surrounding area have a parking fee and we believe ours to be equal to or even one of the lowest in the area. Your breakfast voucher suggestion has been passed on to the restaurant and will be researched.

DP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I did like some things about the hotel, and I realize there are probably worse in this area. The hotel rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. Close to DL and DCA. 15 minute walk to front gates of parks. The walk didn't bother us like other posters...we enjoyed it.

The very worst experience we had at the Anabella was at the Tangerine bar and grill. We spent $75 on lunch and it was horrible. The food was awful and wasn't prepared the way we asked. My daughter didn't take one bite of her food. She asked for her taco's to be plain and they loaded them up with all kinds of onions and other vegetables. We also saw three groups of people leave the restaurant because they were not being served. They were really lucky that they left. That was like throwing $75 out the window.

The rooms are really small. There was nowhere to hang out with the family except sitting on the bed. Also, Its hard for 4 people to sleep on two full sized beds. No dressers! We had to hang our clothes up in the closet and use our suitcases for a dresser. I thought the fact that we had to pay for parking and WiFi was ridiculous. (nickel-and-diming everything) Like I said, I'm sure there are much worse hotels in the area. If you want a clean place to just sleep, this is a good hotel for you. Just stay away from their restaurant, I can't stress how bad we felt spending that much money on a horrible meal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am happy that you found our rooms clean and our service friendly. But I am extremely disappointed and concerned that your experience was far below our standards and your expectations. I have gone ahead and relayed your concerns to the Tangerine Grill. We are currently working on a free WiFi system that will be in place in the coming months, and in regards to the parking. All hotels in the area have a charge for parking, and we believe ours to be of equal or lower than those surrounding hotels.

We appreciate the feedback. Again, I personally apologize for your unpleasant stay. I am trying to contact you through TripAdvisor email; I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you personally.

Kindest Regards,
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Anabella hotel was a nice hotel for the price but what made our stay outstanding was the staff!. The entire staff was warm, cordial and consistently asked how they could be of help. Of special mention were Samantha in the restuarant and Miquel on the patio. However, the person who really made our stay special was Garrett. Garrett postponed his vacation so that he could make sure that a glitch in our room reservations was resolved and then he went the extra mile to take personal interest in my families comfort. Instead of just a nice stay in a good hotel, we had a great stay. Thanks Garret!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear dll464,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here us!

All of our staff takes great pride in providing exemplary customer service. I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks to Samantha, Miguel and Garret.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. Please let us know the next time you will be in the Anaheim Resort area, as we look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to provide another great experience! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the Anabella on Dec. 23. The check in experience was good--they had a room for us--we paid for an upgrade. When we went to the room we were surprised at the very worn condition of the rooms--they did not match the photos on the website at all. This was more of a 2 star motel type property in our experience. The couch in the main area was VERY dirty. The room was right by the stairs, and the windows and doors did not seem to keep out much noise.
We decided we would ask about another room. The front desk people were trying their best to be helpful and let us look at a few different rooms. Unfortunately they were all in about the same condition. We settled on one, as we didn't want to waste the day and headed off to Disney.
When we returned in the evening, we went to the pool for a swim. Lovely pool area. That was the highlight of this property for us. When we went back to the room we realized that the blinds in the main area were not adequate to keep out the light from the street and neighbouring restaurant. The floors were not clean--black socks were in order in the room before bed.
We didn't want the accommodations to spoil our stay, so that night I made reservations at another hotel (the Anaheim Marriott) and we moved the next day. We loved that hotel and I will recommend it highly.
I was surprised at the condition of the Anabella--the website pictures and description are far from our experience of the property. I could not recommend it in the state that it is in--it seems like there is an upgrading attempt happening, but it is piecemeal. Bathrooms not good--we had our toiletry bags on the floor by the sink. I would think twice about staying here if you are at all picky about cleanliness.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I would first like to sincerely apologize that your stay with us wasn't up to your expectations. I am extremely disappointed and concerned that your experience was far below our standards. All the concerns you have raised have been passed along to the proper departments to be evaluated. We appreciate the feedback. Again, I personally apologize for your unpleasant stay. I am trying to contact you through TripAdvisor email; I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you personally and rectifying these concerns.

Kindest Regards,
Hacienda Heights, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I had planned a mini vacation to disneyland so we wanted to make sure we were staying near the park for the two days we were planning on spending there. I received an online discount offer for this hotel so decided to book our stay at the Anabella. The grounds of the hotel itself were very well kept and extremely clean. The lobby is nice and the concierge was extremely helpful. We stayed in a King room that felt more like a mini suite. It came with one king bed and a double bed situated in its own private little corner. The bathrooms are a nice size and come with great toiletries. Over all I loved the hotel and the location was perfect! Right across the street from the Disneyland parks. I highly suggest this hotel to those staying in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room further from the pool to make sure you don't get too much noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It sounds like you stayed in our Premeire King Double Room, and took advantage of our nearness to Disneyland! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your mini-vacation and had an excellent stay. Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive for excellence. Thank you for recommending us, and we look forward to your next stay! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

Hacienda Heights, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were almost at our original destination, a much more expensive hotel, when she saw the quaint and lovely Anabella on Katella. "Okay, why not," I said and made a wild U-turn. We checked into what turned out to be one of the most beautiful, friendly and very romantic nests we ever experienced! And what a wonderful weekend we had there. Talk about comfortable, clean, well-designed rooms, hey, the Anabella has it all! The staff? Super friendly, smart, obviously experienced, caring and quick!
The hotel is centrally located in Orange County's tourist area so our first night we walked hand-in-hand in a sprinkling mist to all local tourist locales and enjoyed the sights and friendly people of Southern Cal. It was great.
Our second night, in a now heavier rain, in the heated patio of the Tangerine Restaurant, was perfect. Roberta, our server, deserves an award for her friendliness and attention to her guests' needs. She was beautiful. The dinner was first-class, hot and fresh as it should be, and scrumptious.
Later we had martinis in our room while watching late-night TV (for just a while) but panicked when we needed more ice. We tried the phone but no dial tone? Oh, oh, we thought, here come the problems. What shall we do? We used our own cell phone and called the office. In two minutes a nice man knocked and found the problem immediately. It was our own luggage that had pulled to phone jack near the floor disconnecting the phone. We got a big embarrassed laugh at that and so did the technician. He left and quickly brought the ice-filled bucket. What thoughtful service!
It's almost too hard to believe. Not only did we inadvertently check into a wonderful hotel I hadn't heard of, but we had a great time there, enjoyed fantastic meals, and wound of savings loads of cash. What a trip!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us in December. We are happy to hear that we lived up to your expectations in all aspects; service, cleanliness, and the property as a whole. Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive for excellence. We hope to have you here again soon! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

(714)905-1050

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!