“Horrible experience 11/25-11/27” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Save up to 25% +Free Wifi
Ranked #48 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
dike
“Horrible experience 11/25-11/27”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Took over an hour to check in due to reservation entry error by hotel. They accommodated us by upgrading our room so I hate to see what condition a lower grade one would be in. The lady who helped us the first night was very kind and did not try to make excuses.
Unfortunately the room was dirty and small. Very noisy through walls and shades do not block sun. Parking lot and sidewalks are filthy.
The second night we stayed the drainage in the shower was very slow and the toilet clogged. 30 minutes after calling for help two times- maintenance finally arrived. At 10:30 pm we had to move to new room. I asked if we could leave most of our things in the old room so the kids could get to bed. I was told "you can't have two rooms". We had to pack up everything- kids were very tired and we had a big day planned that was ruined from no sleep.
The room we moved into was dirty- garbage had not been changed and there were hairs (appeared to be pubic) all over the sink/floor in bathroom. The bathroom door did not close and the shower in the new room also would not drain. I was promised the room would be inspected while we were out the next day. It was NOT- same garbage was in the cans- no one even cleaned/replaced towels for us. We had to take showers super fast to avoid the tub from filling up. The toilet was very very slow and we had to limit the number of times we flushed it.
It was a horrible experience. I told them I expected compensation. I was literally told the plumbing issue was beyond their control, which in my opinion is irrelevant to the customer on vacation staying at their hotel. They are responsible to make it right. They gave us a $65 food voucher and future night free which DID NOT even come close to my expectations after what happened and how much we spent. Since we live in the midwest it is unlikely we will use one free room plus I am not sure if staying there for free is worth the other days we would pay for.
I understand things happen. I get that. I gave them a chance to satisfy us after this poor experience and they did not. Do not stay here. The pictures on the website are misleading- VERY.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear CarrieS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you and your family encountered so many challenges during your stay. We have been working tirelessly to improve the quality of our rooms and cleanliness standards. I am sorry we fell short during your particular visit.

Since your visit we have begun the process to address all the concerns outlined. We will be looking at bids to have the plumbing lines flushed for better water flow. Our housekeeping staff has a more comprehensive checklist for their room inspections. We are constantly training our front desk to be for flexible with policy in extenuating circumstances and to anticipate our guest needs.

I was disappointed to hear that we could not come up with a resolution to meet your satisfaction during your stay. I know genuine efforts were made to meet your needs and our dedicated staff is committed to delivering an exceptional experience even when an unanticipated event may occur.

Please feel free to contact me anytime to discuss your stay further.

Kind Regards,

Brandon Jemison
Assistant Front Office Manager
714-905-1050

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is the third year in a row we have stayed at the Anabella. Once again, everything was excellent. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the service was awesome! It only takes 10 minutes to walk to Disneyland. We will continue to stay here everytime we visit Anaheim

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It is great to hear that you make us a part of your yearly vacations, we look forward to having you and your family here again soon!

On your next trip, feel free to call and ask for me personally, I'd be more than happy to help with rates and resrvations. Feedback like yours enables us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our hotel and its services. So once again, we thank you.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I plan on staying here every time I go to visit Disneyland. It is so close! (15 minute walk) and the staff here are amazing. The bartender at the pool bar is fantastic as is the service staff! We had a blast. The only negative is that the AC was really harsh and I had a hard time sleeping/

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It is great to hear that you will be returning to stay with us on your next trip to Disneyland and that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with the bartender and the restaraunt! We are currently working on improving our AC units, due to other guests sharing the same concern.

We look forward to your next stay, and if you'd like any help with rates or reservations feel free to call and ask for me personally. Feedback like yours enables us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our property and services. So once again, we thank you.

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed there many times and this was by far the worst stay ever. Maid service was poor. Never provided clean towels even when asked. Power outlets in powder room and bathroom didn't work. Food service was real slow and forgetful. Rude staff. Will be seeking other places to stay in the future. Very disappointing!!!!!!! Fees on everything. Parking fee,Resort fee, City tax, downtown disney tree trimming fee (yea , that's right) and that's just the start of it all.

Room Tip: All room have paper thin walls. Like the mission rooms because it has a separate room with daybed f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I regret to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay, and of all the difficulties you faced. I will be sure to bring to the attention of each department, all the concerns you have raised.

In regards to the fees, we do have a parking charge that we believe to be fair, because it is of equal or lesser value than other surrounding hotels. Resort Fees, and City taxes are charged throughout the city, but I do understand your frustration. Feedback like yours enables us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our products and services. So once again, we thank you

(714)905-1050
Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My 13 year old daughter and I spent 9 nights at the Anabella. Overall our experience was very good but I would put this down to location, good clean amenities and the Great restaurant, rather than any front staff making any effort at all...in fact I had several small disagreements with front office staff. One was after I had settled the account (the night before) and then had made a short phone call home to New Zealand. I wanted to settle the bill with Cash and said this, but the guy in question said he had already put it onto my credit card. I asked him to reverse the charge and take my cash (we are subject to quite hefty charges for using our credit cards overseas). This was apparently done (with a lot of associated sighing and telling me that he uses his card for everything...what that had to do with things I'm not sure) ...but I have come home to see that the charge was never reversed so I paid the extra for nothing. The other main time was when I asked the conscierge for some advice on what the best way was to get to some local malls including Outlets at Orange. I said we had a day before we set off on all sorts of trips and just wanted a relaxing day shopping. He immediately signed us up for the Citadel tour...only I hadn't realised that it was a tour with over an hour on the bus each way!! I got them to reverse that charge successfully and we took the ART to the Outlets and had a relaxing day. Our third problem was with the Guest Laundry. Fantastic facilities. But my key card didn't open the door. I spent an hour going to front desk then back to the laundry then back to front desk until one of the maintenance guys took pity on me and took me over and helped me personally. He was lovely. Front desk didn't give a damn. Right, enough about that. Amenities, including the Fitness Centre and pools were lovely and rooms were bright and clean and spacious. The restaurant was really nice. We ate there several times including our breakfast every morning. All staff there were really great, right down to advising me on a lovely, inexpensive california chardonnay one late evening. The gift shop is very handy, the bell boys were friendly, and the bus stopped almost right outside. If you can handle the indifference of the front office staff, I think it's a lovely place to stay and we have some marvellous memories of being here. Would I stay again? I'd weigh it up against what else is out there...I wouldn't discount it straight away.

Room Tip: Ask to not be near an ice machine
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and I will be sure to let the restaraunt know about your kind remarks! I regret to learn, however, that our Front Desk service wasn't up to your expectation. We take great pride in our customer service, so I will be sure to make Front Desk aware of your concerns.

In regards to the credit card charge, feel free to contact and ask for me personally, I would be more than happy to assist you. Feedback like yours enables us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our products and services. So once again, we thank you.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The grounds of the hotel, the pool, bar area and lobby are all very nice. The room was clean, and the staff were nice, but the shower was HORRIBLE. The head of the shower was only about 5'2" off the ground. I had to duck down a bit to get beneath it, but my 6'1" husband had to squat. Also, the drain in the tub filled with water, though it was unplugged leaving me standing in about a half foot of water during my shower. Another bad thing was the fact that the part of the hotel we were staying in was butted up against a recycling / trash center which was SUPER loud very early in the morning and woke us up. For the price and the very close vicinity to the park, it was worth it, but I would definitely ask to stay in a different building next time and be sure to double-check the tub was properly draining.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is at only 15min walking from Disneyland and much cheaper than the Disney Hotels.
The room was huge (we've been upgraded) and clean.
Staff was very nice.
We didn't get a chance to try the restaurant but they offer a buffet for breakfast at a reasonable price and you also can take out if you want to have breakfast quickly to go first thing in the morning to Disneyland.
I recommend this hotel without any doubt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us in November. We take great pride in our service and cleanliness and I will be sure to relay these positive remarks to the Front desk and Housekeeping staff. Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive for excellence. Thank you for recommending us, we look forward to your next stay! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more then happy to help with rates and reservations.

Kind Regards,