“ANOTHER EXCELLENT STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Ranked #47 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
San Ramon, California
“ANOTHER EXCELLENT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is the third year in a row we have stayed at the Anabella. Once again, everything was excellent. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the service was awesome! It only takes 10 minutes to walk to Disneyland. We will continue to stay here everytime we visit Anaheim

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It is great to hear that you make us a part of your yearly vacations, we look forward to having you and your family here again soon!

On your next trip, feel free to call and ask for me personally, I'd be more than happy to help with rates and resrvations. Feedback like yours enables us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our hotel and its services. So once again, we thank you.

1,970 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I plan on staying here every time I go to visit Disneyland. It is so close! (15 minute walk) and the staff here are amazing. The bartender at the pool bar is fantastic as is the service staff! We had a blast. The only negative is that the AC was really harsh and I had a hard time sleeping/

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It is great to hear that you will be returning to stay with us on your next trip to Disneyland and that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with the bartender and the restaraunt! We are currently working on improving our AC units, due to other guests sharing the same concern.

We look forward to your next stay, and if you'd like any help with rates or reservations feel free to call and ask for me personally. Feedback like yours enables us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our property and services. So once again, we thank you.

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have stayed there many times and this was by far the worst stay ever. Maid service was poor. Never provided clean towels even when asked. Power outlets in powder room and bathroom didn't work. Food service was real slow and forgetful. Rude staff. Will be seeking other places to stay in the future. Very disappointing!!!!!!! Fees on everything. Parking fee,Resort fee, City tax, downtown disney tree trimming fee (yea , that's right) and that's just the start of it all.

Room Tip: All room have paper thin walls. Like the mission rooms because it has a separate room with daybed f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I regret to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay, and of all the difficulties you faced. I will be sure to bring to the attention of each department, all the concerns you have raised.

In regards to the fees, we do have a parking charge that we believe to be fair, because it is of equal or lesser value than other surrounding hotels. Resort Fees, and City taxes are charged throughout the city, but I do understand your frustration. Feedback like yours enables us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our products and services. So once again, we thank you

Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My 13 year old daughter and I spent 9 nights at the Anabella. Overall our experience was very good but I would put this down to location, good clean amenities and the Great restaurant, rather than any front staff making any effort at all...in fact I had several small disagreements with front office staff. One was after I had settled the account (the night before) and then had made a short phone call home to New Zealand. I wanted to settle the bill with Cash and said this, but the guy in question said he had already put it onto my credit card. I asked him to reverse the charge and take my cash (we are subject to quite hefty charges for using our credit cards overseas). This was apparently done (with a lot of associated sighing and telling me that he uses his card for everything...what that had to do with things I'm not sure) ...but I have come home to see that the charge was never reversed so I paid the extra for nothing. The other main time was when I asked the conscierge for some advice on what the best way was to get to some local malls including Outlets at Orange. I said we had a day before we set off on all sorts of trips and just wanted a relaxing day shopping. He immediately signed us up for the Citadel tour...only I hadn't realised that it was a tour with over an hour on the bus each way!! I got them to reverse that charge successfully and we took the ART to the Outlets and had a relaxing day. Our third problem was with the Guest Laundry. Fantastic facilities. But my key card didn't open the door. I spent an hour going to front desk then back to the laundry then back to front desk until one of the maintenance guys took pity on me and took me over and helped me personally. He was lovely. Front desk didn't give a damn. Right, enough about that. Amenities, including the Fitness Centre and pools were lovely and rooms were bright and clean and spacious. The restaurant was really nice. We ate there several times including our breakfast every morning. All staff there were really great, right down to advising me on a lovely, inexpensive california chardonnay one late evening. The gift shop is very handy, the bell boys were friendly, and the bus stopped almost right outside. If you can handle the indifference of the front office staff, I think it's a lovely place to stay and we have some marvellous memories of being here. Would I stay again? I'd weigh it up against what else is out there...I wouldn't discount it straight away.

Room Tip: Ask to not be near an ice machine
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and sharing your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and I will be sure to let the restaraunt know about your kind remarks! I regret to learn, however, that our Front Desk service wasn't up to your expectation. We take great pride in our customer service, so I will be sure to make Front Desk aware of your concerns.

In regards to the credit card charge, feel free to contact and ask for me personally, I would be more than happy to assist you. Feedback like yours enables us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our products and services. So once again, we thank you.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The grounds of the hotel, the pool, bar area and lobby are all very nice. The room was clean, and the staff were nice, but the shower was HORRIBLE. The head of the shower was only about 5'2" off the ground. I had to duck down a bit to get beneath it, but my 6'1" husband had to squat. Also, the drain in the tub filled with water, though it was unplugged leaving me standing in about a half foot of water during my shower. Another bad thing was the fact that the part of the hotel we were staying in was butted up against a recycling / trash center which was SUPER loud very early in the morning and woke us up. For the price and the very close vicinity to the park, it was worth it, but I would definitely ask to stay in a different building next time and be sure to double-check the tub was properly draining.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is at only 15min walking from Disneyland and much cheaper than the Disney Hotels.
The room was huge (we've been upgraded) and clean.
Staff was very nice.
We didn't get a chance to try the restaurant but they offer a buffet for breakfast at a reasonable price and you also can take out if you want to have breakfast quickly to go first thing in the morning to Disneyland.
I recommend this hotel without any doubt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us in November. We take great pride in our service and cleanliness and I will be sure to relay these positive remarks to the Front desk and Housekeeping staff. Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive for excellence. Thank you for recommending us, we look forward to your next stay! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more then happy to help with rates and reservations.

Kind Regards,
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My whole stay was ehhh. not bad, but also not great either.
Complaints: The sheets were not clean nor was it changed when housekeeping came to clean our room. I was locked out my room atleast (4) times because the key card kept getting demagnetized or something. and when we would call the front desk to help us get back into our room it took them about 15mins to get to us. One time we came from the pool dripping wet, and COLD with a toddler and 4month old baby freezing! We stood there for atleast 15-20 mins waiting for someone to come with a new key card! And when we got impatient we called the front desk again and they said that the person who was supposed to deliver the key cards got lost or brought it to the wrong room. That was very frustrating. The Pool was okay, but the hot tub was more like a heated pool rather than a HOT tub. The front desk staff was polite, but i felt that they didnt go the extra mile to make their guests feel welcomed. We did not feel like valued guests at all. They were quick to charge me for EVERY thing possible (wifi was NOT complimentary) BUT were slow at customer service. Tsk tsk.
Comment: I did like the fact that they kept the bathroom well stocked. The whole resort had a "clean look" and I was glad that parking was close to the rooms. The restaurant connected to the Annabella - Tangerine, we enjoyed a lot. The servers were nice, and was quick. The food were served to us in a timely manner, that was great.
Overall, it was an OK stay. I dont know if their service wasnt up to par because of the fact that we paid through hotwire or whatever...but I probably will not stay at the Annabella again. I would not recommend it to friends or family.

Room Tip: Try to book for a room with a queen and a sofa pull out. space is bigger than a 2-bouble bed rooms.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay here in November. It is saddening to hear that our customer service wasn't up to your expecation. I will be sure to pass this information along to the Front Desk. In regards to the other issues you faced I will be sure to pass them on to the proper departments. We appreciate the feedback and again, I personally apologize for your unpleasant stay. I am trying to contact you through TripAdvisor email, I look forward to your response.

(714)905-1050

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!