“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Langley City, Canada
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel! Large rooms great for families super close to disney resort and has a ART stop right infront. Would stay again forsure!

• Stayed March 2012
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at the Anabella hotel this past month. I do truly appreciate all of the feedback that you have given us. We care a lot about our guests and the service that we provide; we strive for excellences with all of our guests.

Thanks again for all of your feedback and comments we do truly appreciate it and we are looking forward to see you again stay here at the Anabella Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Santee, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I recently reserved a Hacienda Suite at this hotel. The room description on their website shows 2 bedrooms, one with a king bed and the other with 2 queen beds. It was also suppose to have a view of the lush garden. Our room actually opened to the king bedroom, which you could hear the walway all night. It had 2 tiny other rooms, one with a full bed and the other a trundle that was too short for the boys to sleep on. The floor was unlevel and had a slope to it. The view was of the parking lot. Very disapointed in my stay here. When I questioned them about my room, they told me there was 3 different floor plans for the Hacienda Suite and they were all on the website, I just went and looked and they are not. Just the one that I thought I was getting.

az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed 2 nights here to visit D-land. Got a screaming rate on hotwire. Place is really a hidden jewel. Daughter and I had the double/double. It was clean and bed was soooooo soft and comfy. Right across from Calif Adventure. Place is a little oasis, all green and lush. super attentive staff, friendly people and all in all a great place, They have staff that makes you think if you were not on Katella Ave you could be anywhere in the world. It really is a hotel that has stepped up and is making a landlocked location into a resort atmosphere. we had breakfast at the Tangerine and it was quick and yummy. I would love to see the family suite rooms as well. I would indeed stay here again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Walk to Disneyland's main gate in 15 minutes from this hotel. If you want a budget hotel to sleep at while you visit Disneyland, this is a good choice. Our room was pretty clean. The pool is 4-5 feet deep so if you have little ones, you will need to swim with them. The restaurant is a $17 per person buffet. Tiffy's restaurant next door is a very good moderately priced family restaurant with big portions and good service. We took a taxi from the Anaheim Airport for $40 to the hotel and got dinged for $45 to take thd shuttle back. We never felt the need to rent a car as we walked everywhere. I will visit the Anabella again next time I go to Disneyland.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here in March 12. I liked the fact that it has a low rise, almost community feel to it. The rooms are large and very confortable with flat screen TV's and big bathrooms.

They have a nice bar and pool area, next to the restaurant. One downside though was the buffet breakfast. Overcooked eggs and sausage, and they ran out of English tea.

There is also an adults only pool, straight off reception.

The plus side is the proximity to Disney parks. We were told that later this year there will be a new gate to Disneyland straight across the road.

Overall a nice alternative to the standard high rise hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms directly behind reception.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Escondido
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We have been staying at the Anabella Hotel since the kids were little and that is at least for the past decade. Never once have I had any issue that had to be brought to the attention of hotel staff. The reservation process is smooth and the check-in process is smooth. I like the fact that they provided parking for our vehicles the entire day that we were in Disneyland, not just after check-in hours either. The room we recently got was a Mission Suite. Perfect for our family of 4. Had a single bed in a little room for my older son's privacy and a large bed for my husband & myself and a pull-out bed for our youngest son. The room was clean, spacious and more than we could have hoped for. They offer an AAA discount which was an added bonus. Hotel amenities include shops, a great restaurant and wonderful pool. If you have not stayed there yet - you are doing yourself a great disservice. It is so close to Downtown Disney - you will actually think you are still in the park. Check it out and enjoy the luxury.

Room Tip: The on-line reservation application shows pricing, availabity and a virtual tour of your room choice...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you very much for all of your wonderful comments and for being loyal guests with us for the past decade. I appreciate your honesty and all of your feedback from your experiences. To hear that you have never had an issue, is music to my ears and is what we strive for with each and every guest. This hotel is unique and designed to accommodate family and business travelers throughout the world and we love to hear the wonderful comments. Please next time you stay with us make sure that you sign up for our 1030 West frequent stay program so that we can give you all of the promotions and discounts that we offer. Thanks again for your beautiful comments and experiences we hope to see you in the near future.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

Every time I go to Dianeyland I always pass by the Anabell. I have always wanted to stay here so when I decided to go back to Disney for my bday, I decided to stay. Very nice property. Friendly staff. We booked 2dbls. Whatever was the basic room. Upon check in we were upgraded. Very nice room...it appeared. Plopped down on the bed and boom...hard as a rock (almost) bed was hard and lumpy. I woke up in the morning and had pain in my neck and back. Shower was slow to drain so our feet took a bath as we took showers. Only 2 tiny round soap, normally not a prob cuz I bring my own but totally forgot this trip.
Overall, maybe we just got a bad room. All the reviews were mixed. If a hotel has tooany bad ones I usually move on to another hotel. This proves my theory of why I do that. Oh well didn't pay too much for the room so I'm bot mad. Just won't stay again

• Stayed March 2012
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Well first off thank you for trying the Anabella Hotel and Resort we are one of the most popular Disneyland hotels in the Anaheim area. I am sorry to hear that you had a small drain issue and that you thought the beds were too hard this is one of the comments that I have mixed feeling on since the previous guests in your exact room felt the bed was way too soft, I am sorry that it did not fit your standards. It is exciting to hear how you did like the room layout and the overall service that you received at the hotel. Other than these small issues that were fixed immediately, we still should have discovered them prior to your arrival. I do hope that you will try this wonderful gem of a hotel in the near future to see why we are so highly recommended, but thank you for taking the time to post review and I hope to see you in the near future.

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!