“Hotwire got it right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #44 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
az
“Hotwire got it right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed 2 nights here to visit D-land. Got a screaming rate on hotwire. Place is really a hidden jewel. Daughter and I had the double/double. It was clean and bed was soooooo soft and comfy. Right across from Calif Adventure. Place is a little oasis, all green and lush. super attentive staff, friendly people and all in all a great place, They have staff that makes you think if you were not on Katella Ave you could be anywhere in the world. It really is a hotel that has stepped up and is making a landlocked location into a resort atmosphere. we had breakfast at the Tangerine and it was quick and yummy. I would love to see the family suite rooms as well. I would indeed stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

2,047 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Walk to Disneyland's main gate in 15 minutes from this hotel. If you want a budget hotel to sleep at while you visit Disneyland, this is a good choice. Our room was pretty clean. The pool is 4-5 feet deep so if you have little ones, you will need to swim with them. The restaurant is a $17 per person buffet. Tiffy's restaurant next door is a very good moderately priced family restaurant with big portions and good service. We took a taxi from the Anaheim Airport for $40 to the hotel and got dinged for $45 to take thd shuttle back. We never felt the need to rent a car as we walked everywhere. I will visit the Anabella again next time I go to Disneyland.

• Stayed March 2012
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed here in March 12. I liked the fact that it has a low rise, almost community feel to it. The rooms are large and very confortable with flat screen TV's and big bathrooms.

They have a nice bar and pool area, next to the restaurant. One downside though was the buffet breakfast. Overcooked eggs and sausage, and they ran out of English tea.

There is also an adults only pool, straight off reception.

The plus side is the proximity to Disney parks. We were told that later this year there will be a new gate to Disneyland straight across the road.

Overall a nice alternative to the standard high rise hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms directly behind reception.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Escondido
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We have been staying at the Anabella Hotel since the kids were little and that is at least for the past decade. Never once have I had any issue that had to be brought to the attention of hotel staff. The reservation process is smooth and the check-in process is smooth. I like the fact that they provided parking for our vehicles the entire day that we were in Disneyland, not just after check-in hours either. The room we recently got was a Mission Suite. Perfect for our family of 4. Had a single bed in a little room for my older son's privacy and a large bed for my husband & myself and a pull-out bed for our youngest son. The room was clean, spacious and more than we could have hoped for. They offer an AAA discount which was an added bonus. Hotel amenities include shops, a great restaurant and wonderful pool. If you have not stayed there yet - you are doing yourself a great disservice. It is so close to Downtown Disney - you will actually think you are still in the park. Check it out and enjoy the luxury.

Room Tip: The on-line reservation application shows pricing, availabity and a virtual tour of your room choice...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you very much for all of your wonderful comments and for being loyal guests with us for the past decade. I appreciate your honesty and all of your feedback from your experiences. To hear that you have never had an issue, is music to my ears and is what we strive for with each and every guest. This hotel is unique and designed to accommodate family and business travelers throughout the world and we love to hear the wonderful comments. Please next time you stay with us make sure that you sign up for our 1030 West frequent stay program so that we can give you all of the promotions and discounts that we offer. Thanks again for your beautiful comments and experiences we hope to see you in the near future.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

Every time I go to Dianeyland I always pass by the Anabell. I have always wanted to stay here so when I decided to go back to Disney for my bday, I decided to stay. Very nice property. Friendly staff. We booked 2dbls. Whatever was the basic room. Upon check in we were upgraded. Very nice room...it appeared. Plopped down on the bed and boom...hard as a rock (almost) bed was hard and lumpy. I woke up in the morning and had pain in my neck and back. Shower was slow to drain so our feet took a bath as we took showers. Only 2 tiny round soap, normally not a prob cuz I bring my own but totally forgot this trip.
Overall, maybe we just got a bad room. All the reviews were mixed. If a hotel has tooany bad ones I usually move on to another hotel. This proves my theory of why I do that. Oh well didn't pay too much for the room so I'm bot mad. Just won't stay again

• Stayed March 2012
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Well first off thank you for trying the Anabella Hotel and Resort we are one of the most popular Disneyland hotels in the Anaheim area. I am sorry to hear that you had a small drain issue and that you thought the beds were too hard this is one of the comments that I have mixed feeling on since the previous guests in your exact room felt the bed was way too soft, I am sorry that it did not fit your standards. It is exciting to hear how you did like the room layout and the overall service that you received at the hotel. Other than these small issues that were fixed immediately, we still should have discovered them prior to your arrival. I do hope that you will try this wonderful gem of a hotel in the near future to see why we are so highly recommended, but thank you for taking the time to post review and I hope to see you in the near future.
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Reading the reviews got me a little worried, but at the same time, I was prepared for the rooms to NOT be as nice as the pictures. That is correct, although, they were clean, and the beds were cozy. I liked being able to walk to Disneyland, although a bit of a hike...it was a nice walk. I DID NOT like, that you HAD to have a credit card to use wifi, and because we did not, we were not able to use the internet out of our room. Big deal? Not really, although because we didn't have a credit card, I couldn't even use our calling card from our room to make 1-800 calls, or LOCAL, because that costs a dollar a call...WHAT? Why? So, I had to use my cellphone to get in touch with my family, which is totally ridiculous. I even gave Anabella, a 100 Dollar deposit, and that wasn't good enough. This hotel is nice, and location is awesome, I just feel like they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING! They also never informed us at check in, that we got free breakfast with our stay. So, the third day, I was setting up a tour with the concierge (Josh, he is very nice and helpful), and asked him about breakfast..and he got us our passes....Should have been something they told us at check in, as we paid for breakfast at Tiffys next door and spent money we didn't have to spend! All in all, it was an alright hotel. Staff were generally nice...but I would probably stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Santa Cruz part of the complex, upstairs...very nice a quiet there...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
First off thank you for taking the time to post a review and for staying at the Anabella Hotel and Resort. I am sorry that you did not think the room was comparable to the resort; we do have 14 different room types and 4 versions of those different room types so it can get a little confusing, but that’s why we offer to switch rooms and accommodate all of our guests. I am excited to hear that you liked our beds and thought they were so comfortable most of my reviews have been about beds being too hard or too soft, so thank you for commenting on all of our new mattresses and how nice they are.

In regards to our internet we are currently having multiple bids for laying fiber optic cables on property, this will increase our broadband speed but due to Anaheim’s strict rules and regulation we are having some difficulty finding the proper company to install this. We due offer a business center with computers and internet access for a small charge which is on property, directly next to the lobby and is all internally run through the Anabella hotel.

In regards to having a credit card or debit card, we do require that upon check in and it is standard hotel practice to then authorize a card for deposit and any amenities that you might order or use. We do extend a $100 dollar cash deposit if necessary per day to put down on the room as a deposit as well but this is not standard check in procedure, we just extend this to our guest to help better accommodate.

All telephone calls have a $1 dollar access fee and if you book one of our club concierge rooms this is included. This is because some numbers do charge so we must then charge the guest if they are not in our club concierge room. I am sorry that you feel that we nickel and dime you but we really don’t, some hotels include internet in your resort fees and we don’t that is why are resort fee is only for $2 dollars where are surrounding hotels it is as high as $30 dollars. I am sorry that you had some challenges during your stay but I do hope that you will try out the Anabella hotel and resort in the near future.
Bellevue, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I took a kidless trip to Disneyland last weekend. I bought the air and hotel package through Alaska Airlines and we stayed 4 nights, with the fourth night free. Our package also included breakfast-there was a meat and egg breakfast with coffee or juice that you could have free, or your voucher was good for $5.80 toward any other breakfast. My husband had the french toast twice and it was $6 so we didn't have to pay anything for his meal, and I had 1 of the free meals-very good- and the other 3 days had the very yummy Bacon Avocado Omelet. The service in the restaurant was ok- slower on busy weekend, faster on Friday and Monday mornings. The waitstaff was pleasant and the restaurant was clean. The pools were really nice- I went to the adults only pool once and it was lovely!The family pool is larger than most family motels down there. Our room was nice and roomy and our bed was comfortable. The TV was older, but that was ok-I wasn't there to watch tv. People had complained that it was noisy and I was really worried, but I slept well every night and used the noisy (as usual) air conditioned/fan as white noise. We enjoyed the walk to Disneyland every day. The bus to the airport picked us up right out front and the hotel held our luggage Monday after we checked out so that we could go back to the park until it was time to leave for the airport. In past trips we'd stayed at Fairfield Marriott, but I liked Anabella alot better.

Room Tip: Next door to our room was a room labeled as a Kids Suite. When they were cleaning it I noticed that...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
First off, thank you for taking the time to post this kind positive review, your thoughts and experience are held in high regards. I am so happy to hear that you had a good breakfast experience in the tangerine restaurant. We offer these packages to better help accommodate all of our guests. We are working on improving the speed of the service in the restaurant so I do apologize if your wait was a little longer than normal.

Thank you for noticing the property and how much time and effort we spend in keeping it looking clean and beautiful. In regards to the older TV we have just purchase a large order of new TV’s to replace the old ones. I really appreciate all of your feedback and on behalf of the Anabella Management team we hope to see your party in the near future.

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!