“old mexico style” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Santa Rosa, California
“old mexico style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

this hotel was nice inside and out..the staff was very friendly and our hotel room was ready when we arrived around 12p. we drove 8 hrs to get to disneyland and that was refreshing! we got the aaa package and it came with free breakfast which was 2 pieces of bacon scrambled eggs and toast...it was fullfilling and good to start the day off! we did not have any problems at all and were planning to stay there again this year!!

Room Tip: we had the bottom floor and the hotel was pretty quite..
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Anabella Hotel and Resort we truly value each and every comment from all of our guests. We encourage all groups and big parties to utilize our facilities to the fullest extent. By having two pools a full restaurant, bar as well as multiple meeting spaces on site, caters to all guests large or small. We are dedicated to all of our guests and love to hear that your experience was memorable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Norcal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

We have stayed at the Annabella 7 or 8 times over the last 5 years.
Before finding the Annabella, we used to stay at several other local hotels, both more and less expensive. We now make our reservations here.
The rooms are clean, up to date and well maintained. The beds are comfortable and the room rates are reasonable.
WiFi is not free.
The location is convenient to the convention center for my meetings in the spring or a short walk to Downtown Disney and the park.
We have already made reservations and will return to the Annabella this spring.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for you kind words and for all of your feedback we encourage all of our guests if possible to provide comments whether they like the Anabella hotel and resort or if they have advice. The fact of the matter is that our guests are the most important part of our hotel and we take pride in our service and our product. Thank you again for your review and the Anabella team is looking forward to seeing you and your party at the hotel in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed at this hotel during our Disneyland vacation. It was very nice and I loved our room, really comfortable and clean. The decor was nice and the beds were so comfortable, with down comforters and nice quality sheets. I highly recommend this hotel. We were close enough to walk to the parks. The only negative part was the pool service was a little slow I think there were understaffed at the time. However, I highly recommend this hotel it was very nice.

Room Tip: Our room had a king and a queen and it was plenty of room for 4 guests.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
The Anabella Hotel is a family style hotel that truly welcomes and invites all guest and families as well to enjoy this beautiful hotel and resort. Thank you very much for staying at the Anabella hotel recently. My name is Garrett and I am the guest service manager here at the Anabella hotel and would like to thank you for all of your comments and kind words. I do truly appreciate all of the feedback that you have given us. We care a lot about our guests and the service that we provide.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed at the Anabella Hotel in Anaheim, and I would recommend it to anyone! Please note, this is the only Disneyland area hotel I’ve stayed in, but I was very pleased.First off, the location of the Anabella is great. Many hotels say they are within walking distance to Disneyland, but “walking distance” can mean many things to many people. It took our family, with two little girls ages 6 and 4, about 5 to 7 minutes to go from our hotel into Disneyland.

The Anabella Hotel has 14 different room configurations. Our room was pretty basic with two queen beds and a nice tile bathroom.The hotel property is enormous! We were close to the lobby and I heard from others if your room is near the back, it adds several minutes to the walk.

While this isn’t the cheapest of the cheap hotels near Disneyland, it is a nice place with lots of amenities with a location that can’t be beat. If you are looking for hotels or motels near Disneyland, I highly recommend the Anabella Hotel!

If you'd like to read my complete review, head over to Couple Getaways *dot* org. (Take out the spaces, of course)

Room Tip: Request a room close to the front of the property to shorten y our walk to Disneyland.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you very much for staying at the Anabella hotel this past month, I would like to apologize for all of the challenges that you encountered during your stay here. My name is Garrett and I am the guest service manager here at the Anabella hotel and want to thank you for all of your feedback that you have given us. We care a lot about our guests and the service that we provide which is why your comments are so important. Thank you for your feedback, which is what we strive for with each and every guest.
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

My family stayed at the Anabella hotel from Dec. 30- Jan 2 for a trip to Disneyland. It was perfect for our needs and we would stay there again. We had a room that had a separate additional little bedroom that was perfect for our 17 month old to stay in. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. It was par with the other "chain" hotels that I've stayed at in the past.
The customer service at the desk was fantastic! They were friendly and very helpful. They went beyond their basic duties and assisted us with a few problems we had with our shuttle bookings. They also assisted a member of our party with disabilities. They shuttled said party member back and forth between her room and the lobby several times using their golf cart (without our request to do so). They also let us know about discounts for disabled people.
The Tangerine "to-go" counter was a great feature as it let us grab some quality breakfast quickly and take it to the park. We didn't have time to use the pool but looked very inviting and wasn't very busy at all.
We loved how close the hotel is to Disneyland. It is the closest hotel to the park, without staying at the Disney resorts. Tip: Take the monorail from the park to downtown disney to cut down on the walking time at the end of the night.
Tiffy's restaurant, right beside the hotel, is also a great selling point for this hotel (though it's technically not part of the hotel). Tiffy's is open late and was our saving grace one evening when it came to our 17 month old. Tiffy's stocks large cartons of milk and baby food in their fridge by the front counter. Alternatively, 7/ 11 is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel.
We also liked the Anabella's garden seating areas near our room and the laundry facilities.
The noise level wasn't nearly as bad as some reviewers on here have discribed. The walls are somewhat thin and you can hear other guests if they are being unreasonably loud. However, we had no issues and slept perfectly fine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for all of your wonderful comments and feedback from your stay at the Anabella Hotel and Resort. You were at the Anabella hotel during one of the most popular and crowded weeks of the year and it is a true pleasure to hear that you more than satisfied with your stay. We do strive to surpass the expectation of all of our loyal guest with each and every guest.

We care a lot about our guests and the service that we provide. Thanks again for all of your kind words we do truly appreciate it and we are looking forward to see you again stay here at the Anabella Hotel.
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We just returned from our bi-annual visit to LA. Before the recession we stayed at the Hyatt in Long Beach and other brand name hotels. In the last few years we have tried many smaller, less expensive hotels and the Anabella is by far, the best. The location is awesome, you are across the street from Disneyland and Downtown Disney, which gives you plenty of options for food and entertainment any day of the week. We don't even go to Disneyland. You can even see the Disneyland fireworks each night from the hotel (so remember around 9pm there will be lots of booming). We visited the main pool and hot tub and enjoyed both. My husband is a landscape contractor and he is already thinking where he can plant giant bird's of paradise around our yard after being inspired. The hotel offered a "mid-week special" which offered free hot breakfast, eggs, bacon and potatoes, coffee or tea, and service was fast. When we checked in we were lucky enough to be approached by the concierge offering us a free upgrade to a mini-suite, which was lovely and had a semi-private patio. Every one of the staff members from the linen guy to the concierge were very friendly, but not fake. I told them when we left that I would not stay anywhere else when we are in LA.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
First off thank you for posting your experience on Tripadvisory.com. We truly appreciate the feedback from our guests so that we know how each and every guests experience is at the Anabella Hotel and resort. We are considered a smaller hotel despite the fact that we are over 7 ½ acres. The Anabella Hotel and resort does try to stay competitive with our prices but as you might have noticed our service and standards does far exceed many of our competitors. I do appreciate the comments on our competitive hotel prices the look of our property and our food quantities and quality. We hope we can see you and your party stay here at the Anabella Hotel and Resort in the near future. Thanks again all of your comments and remarks are extremely important to the Management team.
humboldt county
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

First, there is nothing green about this hotel at all.(aside from the low flow toilet and a key card light switch). Which if you think about it is pretty sad. Here is a hotel that has started a whole advertising campaign based on being a green hotel. For heaven’s sake they even have a trademarked name for their “new green hotel”. That’s right Planet First tm is the name of their new type of ecologically friendly hotel. But it is all a lie!!
Let’s go through the not so green amenities here at the Anabella.
There are no green bathroom products of any sort. Not even environmentally friendly toilet paper. Not even the hair care products or the towels that are 100% cotton. There is nothing recycled and certainly nothing natural or environmentally friendly.
There are no recycling containers anywhere for guests to use.
They are not even using environmentally safe light bulbs.
There is nothing environmentally friendly about the grounds. Everything run on sprinkler systems except for inside the food area they have a couple of drip lines for the plants.
There is no low cfc paint or wallpaper anywhere in this hotel.
In other words there is almost nothing about this hotel that is green! Nothing!!
You see my family and I chose this hotel for our Disneyland trip specifically because they are supposed to be a green friendly hotel. My family has to stay at places like this because some in my family are very susceptible to all the toxins in our environment. We were so excited to have actually found a hotel in the area that was touting these things as the main focus of their property that is until we got there to the property. And that is just the beginning!!!!!!!
My family rented 5 rooms. That’s right 5 rooms. And we had maintenance visit these rooms almost every day that we stayed there.
Sinks kept clogging (and after repeated visits to fix we just gave up) TV cable was actually broken and never got fixed (I Fixed this myself) our bed mattress was broken, the springs were absolutely broken. Upon notifying maintenance we were told that they cannot replace the mattress but instead brought us a piece of hardibacker (type of drywall) and slid this under our bed. The phones did not work and had to be fixed or replaced in two of our rooms. The shower continuously leaked not matter how hard you turn it. Think about it an environmentally conscience hotel with leaky faucets!!
Now these are all the tangible very easily to recognize issues with this hotel. And for any enviro greenie out there who cares about this stuff should be able to easily see that this hotel is not in any way environmentally green or conscience at all. They have simply made a marketing campaign to jump on the bandwagon of the whole environmentally conscience movement in order to try and raise profits. Pure and simple!!
Now if I may, let’s talk about the staff!!! Oh, the staff!!! In particular, front desk manager Ian [--]. Upon our second night of our visit at around 5 or 6 pm we were having a gift exchange for our mother being that we were in Disneyland to celebrate her 60th birthday. In the middle of this there was a knock at the door. At which point our illustrious front desk manager requested that my mother exit the room and have a conference with Ian and a security representative. At which point Ian accused my mother of throwing some sort of party. Now mind you there was no sort of information gathering to deduce whether this was actually happening or not. From our understanding there was a complaint that someone in the area was smoking pot and Ian using his wonderful detective skills to somehow figure it was the 60 yr old grandmother. So here is grandma with all her kids and grandkids and the manager of the hotel threatening to call the cops on her. For something she had absolutely nothing to do with!!!
Now to be sure there was a lot of pot smoking going on in this property. It was everywhere!!! But somehow my mother and my family were accused of something that we had nothing to do with. And subsequently Ian also later determined that it in fact it was not us but a different hotel guest.
So here we are, my mother feeling very upset and unhappy, and our family being accused of something we were absolutely not involved in at anytime. Upon seeing how upset my mom was and as any good son would I then went to the front desk to speak with Ian [--] about afore mentioned allegations. I went simply with one request and purpose, to let Ian know that it was inappropriate and insulting to make unfounded accusations and that I would like for him to apologize. Keep in mind by now it has pretty much been determined that my family did not have anything to do with the problem being stated and all I requested was that Ian be courteous and apologize to my mom.
Upon which Ian [--] then proceeds to further the insult and accuse me of only complaining because I was only trying to get free comps out of him. So as Ian continues to volley additional insults towards me while in the presence of the general managers, I calmly as possible tell him that I want nothing of the sort. And that I will get an apology!!At which time he flatly refuses, saying that he did not insult my mother nor did he care to apologize. Of course, at this time I requested that I speak with his boss.
General Manager Craig [--] then comes out from behind me where he had been standing as if on guard. He introduces himself to me and immediately states that he would be happy to apologize to my mother. This is the first and only responsible thing done yet!! Now keep in mind Ian [--] offered no such apology and was left to abuse and accuse future guests without any sort of courteousness or respect! This is the guy that most guests will deal with on any general front desk experience.
I chose to focus in the beginning of this review on the tangible clearly recognizable issues with this property, the things that we will all experience if staying at this hotel especially if you have decided to stay there because they bill themselves as an environmentally friendly hotel. These things alone are enough to disappoint any visitors from at the very least make a second visit to this property.That coupled with the unprofessional pompous attitude of some of the staff is enough to make you want to run away and never look back.
Now will this review change anything??? Who knows? But I can guarantee you out of the 13 people we had staying there add to that the few hundred we collectively know we can at least be reassured that in some way we will help deter an undetermined number of people from wasting their money on a hotel that is not worthy of anyone’s time and hard earned money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
The Anabella Hotel is environmentally conscious, striving to shape responsible ecological footprint through a variety of recycling, water and electrical conservancy program, the usage of organic fertilizers and non toxic biodegradable products while holding fast to our strong commitment to deliver first class service and accommodation.

We have made it our on-going responsibility to improve the energy efficiency of our operations, minimize our waste, and purchase materials from suppliers whose manufacturing practices are within EPA standards. The Anabella Hotel continually seeks opportunities to build on our best practices of recycling and donations.

It is clear we share the concern of protecting the environment but being green is also about the actions we take in our day-to-day operations to minimize the impact on our air, water and soil. The Anabella Hotel is proudly committed to the protection of the environment and understands the economic and social impacts on the community.

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!