“Pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Bozeman
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We traveled to disneyland an stayed at the Anabella Hotel Anaheim Dec25th 2011. The hotel was very nice. Tangerine grill was very good food. Every staff member we met had a smile on their face the whole trip. 10 min walk to disney. Really liked the pool and hot tub never crowded and enjoyed the very inexpensive pool side snacks like two tacos for $3 and they were the best. The grounds are beautiful, comfortable beds. Second floor was very quiet our children stayed on the third floor they also said it was very quiet.. Are room rates were $79 a night and worth double that. we got a disney rate/ fam friend rate. I really cant say enough about the hotel. We would definately stay again and give a great refferal for the anabella.

Room Tip: Second floor and third floor very quiet
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

We had booked the Deluxe Suite, two rooms, with a queen bed, sofabed and a day bed - great for two adults and two teens. The single sofa bed had no bedding and we had to request for it. Then they only provided sheets and thin blanket. They had no duvets available for the sofabed and then gave only another thin cotton blanket. Good thing we could turn up the heat. Nice size marble bathroom with a bathtub and no fan. Looked like they had a moisture problem in the bathroom, caulking around tub was gone and black mould exposed. Found silverfish on floor. The hotel room walls are quite thin, you could hear your next door neighbours conversations very clearly and the footsteps of the people on the floor above. The room was advertised with a fridge and a microwave and unfortunately upon arrival, no microwave. The best thing about the hotel was it was located behind the California Adventure Roller Coasters which made it a quick walk into the Disney Parks thru the Grand Californian Hotel and the staff were extremely friendly. The worst things about the hotel was the fact they would charge $10 per day for WiFi, inconsistent number of clean towels given daily, the silverfish and the $20 per person cash deposit to book a trip to Universal Studios. (which was retracted when we were going to book with another company)
Room Service was good when something was requested.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room, so you'll have less neighbours. On you check out day, make sure you put ou...
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

If you need a great place to stay when going to Disneyland, The Anabella is the place to stay. It is adjacent to Disneyland, and they only charge $12 for parking as opposed to the usual $25 at other places. The rooms are spacious and comfortable for my family of four. As a 7'0" er the king size is a must and my two grown daughters (17 and 20) fit nicely in the adjacent double. The breakfast at the restaurant is ok, but the most outstanding thing I can say is the service at the hotel...top notch. We always stay here, always will.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
You are very kind in recognizing our qualities and for commenting on them in trip advisory. Thank you for all of your feedback that you have given us and for commenting on our competitive parking prices. We try to adjust our prices and service in the area to far exceed our competitors, so thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We care a lot about our guests and the service that we provide which is why your comments are so important to us. Thanks again for all of your feedback and comments we do truly appreciate it and hope that you will try the Anabella Hotel again.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

check in was after 4pm so we left our things in the car and walked to Disneyland. It's about a 15 minute walk. The place was nice. We were in the Mission Suite. It has a separate bedroom with a door and a TV(day bed is good for only one) The king bed was great but the sofa bed at the edge of the king bed is only good for a small child and it was not comfortable. We had to ask for sheets for the sofa bed and extra blankets.We paid about $144 which I thought was good for 4 people. I had my 2 grandkids (ages 8 and 14) and my daughter. We were there Dec 27, 2011.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Happy New Year, and thank you for staying at the Anabella hotel recently in the past month. Thank you for all of your feedback that you have given us and the kind words and recommendations that you have done as well. I want to thank you for the key information about the sofa sleeper I am have each and every sofa sleeper mattress in the hotel inspected to ensure excellent quality, and that each and every guest staying with us has a wonder sleep. We care a lot about our guests and the service that we provide which is why your comments are so important to us. Thanks again for all of your feedback and comments we do truly appreciate it and hope that you will try the Anabella Hotel again.
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I read reviews about the hotel and they were pretty accurate.

First, the staff was polite, and the check in was very fast. We had the 2nd fl Concierge room with carpet and it was clean, spacious, had a fridge, but no microwave. (Which I knew beforehand). I paid approx 200 for the room so I had some expectations regarding that aspect. Maid was very timely and thorough.

Now, the restraunt had tasty food, but my goodness it had the worst waiters on the west coast. Everything took FOREVER to get. Thankfully we only ate there for breakfast because our room included coupons that included a continental breakfast which "ALREADY HAD GRATUITY INCLUDED, so that explained the restraunt wait staff

Location-After breakfast was overwith we were ready to hit up Disneyland and I have to say that it was a pleasant 15 min walk from the hotel, but wear comfortable shoes. We entered through the Grand Californian Hotel. Disneyland was Great in case you were wondering.

Pool- was spacious and clean, but we ran into a couple of snobby, unpolite adults and children which is no fault of the hotel, but I thought I'd throw that in there.

All in the all, I would probably stay here for our next trip, if I cant find a better hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the Restraunt. Do your research.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
First off thank you for staying at the Anabella hotel and resort, I would like to apologize for the challenges that you encountered during your stay here. My name is Garrett and I am the guest service manager here at the Anabella hotel and want to thank you for all of your feedback that you have given us. We care a lot about our guests and the service that we provide which is why I would like to apologize to you for the frustration you endured while you were at the restaurant. I am truly sorry that your experiences at the restaurant and around the pool have been really frustrating. We have recently hired new staff in the restaurant as well as fairly new management so I do sincerely feel that our service has defiantly improved and will only get better. Thanks again for all of your feedback and comments we do truly appreciate it and hope that you will try the Anabella Hotel and Resort again in the near future.
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

This hotel is in a great location for easy walking to Disneyland, Downtown Disney and the local shops & restaurants. Our room 2204 was n the San Diego block which is a 2 storey block with open stairs and balcony walkways to access the rooms. The room was quite large with a king bed, double bed, 2 seater couch and large tv. The bathroom was a good size and had a decent shower with good water pressure. The airconditioning in the room was a little noisy, but constant so it did not disturb our sleep. Breakfast was included by the issue of a voucher upto the value of $7.00 per person. The menu selection was reasonable, but everything comes with potatoes. The service varied subject to your server and their ability to remember your order, but the food was good. We stayed here for 2 nights and were satisfied with this hotel for the length of stay. For the location, price and standard, we could recommend this hotel for 2 nights

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Cupertino
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Hi. I'm Annie, a nine year old. I'm using my dad's account. Almost everything about this hotel is cold, dark, and unwelcoming.Ow! First of all, the bathroom floor is so cold that it hurts my feet, especially in the morning when I wake up and go to the bathroom. Also the toilet always looks like there's poop in it, no matter how many times I flush it. The way you operate the shower is very different from the others, and I ended up having to go to bed without showering because I couldn't get any hot water from the shower. The TV is good because there is Cartoon Network, which I like.

About the breakfast for kids. I say Tangerine tricks people by handing out phony coupons that kids eat free. It is only for lunch and dinner, which are written in tiny letters at the bottom of the coupon, so small that nobody pays any attention to it. Overall, this hotel needs to improve a lot.

Room Tip: 10308 is the only room in the hotel that can see Disneyland's fireworks.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Well hello Annie, I am so pleased to hear that you took the time out of your play schedule and school to write the Anabella Hotel and resort. Not only do we love to hear back from our guest, hearing back from the kids that stay at the Anabella is a real treat. I am so sorry that you do not like our welcoming warm property we are considered one of Anaheim’s best kept secret. We strive to produce the best service possible and highest standards. In response to some of your comments, the cold bathroom floor is a result of having granite in all of our bathrooms; this is a specific type of stone and is cold depending on the how the room temperature is. The toilet is a high pressured toilet, however the City of Anaheim plumbing is extremely old and does not hold the highest water pressure however I think you might have done something wrong because I did just go up and make sure the toilet is working and it is working extremely well, I am sorry that you had problems with your toilet. The shower faucet is very common easy to use faucet with the Orange dot referring to warm water and the blue dot referring to cold water. I am extremely sorry Annie for all of the challenges you had during your stay and in the room. In response to your final comments Disneyland is right across the street and all the fireworks are shot into the air above the hotel and are visible from all areas of the hotel, your room just has some of best angles on the fireworks. We as the hotel management team would like to invite you and your parents back to the hotel to show you all we can offer and why we are always full with return guests. Thanks again for all of your feedback and comments we do truly appreciate it and hope that you will try the Anabella Hotel again in the near future.

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!