“Anabella” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
California
“Anabella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

It has been our pleasure to stay at the Anabella Hotel on several occasions and absolutely love it. We first chose the Anabella as It is conveniently located within walking distance of Disneyland. We keep going back as the staff is very friendly, the rooms are beautiful and clean, the beds and linens are sooooooooo comfortable, and last but not least, the Tangerine Grill serves up a fantastic breakfast with the best tangerine juice I've ever tasted. All in all, a great hotel.

Room Tip: The first floor has rooms with a small table and chairs if you want to sit outside.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

Have Stayed here 7 years in a row. Quality for the price us excellent. Refer all friends and family. Love the 5-10 minute walk to downtown Disney.

• Stayed December 2011
GGentry, Guest Relations Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip Advisory regarding your stay here at the Anabella Hotel and Resort. We love to hear that our guests were happy with their stay. Our guest responses are very important to us so that we know the service we are providing is exceptional. We hope to see you back in the near future, and thank you for all of your positive feedback.
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Anabella is a short walk to Disneyland and Downtown Disney. The hotel was very afordable. Our room was nice. Hardwood floors, shutters on the windows, and it was very clean. The bed was very comfprtable. The restaurant was very good and right next door was Tiffy's, and it is very good.
The property was very pretty.
We were there from the 13th of November until the 18th. When we left I forgot to check the closet and left behind my very good expensive Disney jacket and my good walking shoes. I called the hotel on the 18th and had the articles on the 22nd. Pretty fast. The staff was always very friendly and helpful, even opened the door for us when they saw us returning from a long day at the parks.
We went with another couple and all agreed we would stay at the Anabella when we return.

Room Tip: We were a little close to the road and could hear road noise. Get a room in one of the buildings fu...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed at the Anabella during a girls' trip to Disneyland. Our trip, booked through WestJet Vacations, included complimentary breakfast at The Tangerine every morning and it was a great classic breakfast. I really appreciated the fact that there was no hassle using the coupons and that we could use them towards other items on the menu if we wanted.

Everything about our stay was easy and enjoyable - the room was great, with easily controlled heating/cooling (great because as Canadians, we weren't used to the humidity so the temperature felt different to us); the pool (and area) was clean and well set up for swimming and sunbathing; the restaurant staff was friendly and prompt; the location is fantastic. The lobby staff was very friendly and more than happy to give directions and recommendations for shopping, nightlife, etc.

I would absolutely stay here again, and would recommend it to my own friends and family.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to talk to the concierge or front desk for tips on the area, everyone was more th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS

What a terrible experience. First off, while cheap, the rooms are dated and moderately clean at best. We checked in, had our unspectactular and uneventful stay and went home. About a month later, I recieved a $300 charge claiming that I broke hotel property. This was completely false, and upon further investigation, I realized they posted the charge two days into my 9 day stay. There was no communication that I was being charged, no one told me that I had allegedly damaged the propery in my room (because I didn't, they lied) and to date they have refused to refund my money. Not only that, but when I called to inquire about the charge, the employee Ian [...] was exceedingly rude, and short with me as well as unhelpful and accusatory.

I'm not sure if the housekeeping staff accidentally broke the mirror and blamed it one me, or if it was broken previous to/after my stay, or if they're just trying to steal 300 bucks now that I'm out of the country, but the result is they are stealing my money,

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS THEY WILL LIE AND STEAL YOUR MONEY

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
dkleckner, Front Desk Supervisor at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Butters O,

Thank you for your review, all reviews (both positive and negative) are helpful in our journey to providing excellent guest service. I am very sorry to see that a review on this website was your response to us trying to solve this issue. During your review you had written: "About a month later, I received a $300 charge claiming that I broke hotel property. This was completely false, and upon further investigation, I realized they posted the charge two days into my 9 day stay."

I am quite confused this statement in which you claim that the charge was received a month later but also you state that it was posted during your stay. I am not aware of how this was communicated in your particular case. We do contact guests when making charges and these charges are available for review at our front desk 24 hours.

If you have any further questions or would like to discuss this further feel free to contact me.
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Anabella is literally a stroll away from Downtown Disney and the California Adventure hotel. Next door is Tiffy's, a quaint ice cream parlor but you don't have to go anywhere for an affordable delicious meal. The Tangerine is in the front of this gorgeous property of well maintained two-story walk-ups! The Tangerine restaurant and bar offer a fully stocked bar menu, healthy selections, traditional breakfast and lunch items, and all at very affordable prices. Even the Room Service is 'cheap' - everything under $12. The rooms are impeccable, the grounds are clean and neat, the employees are friendly and respectful. I have family coming in for the holidays and I'm booking them rooms there again (and feeding them there!). Parking is $12/day but it beats the $15+ at the Park and the parking is convenient and plentiful. Best part - I couldn't hear any 'city' noise from the room or restaurant so it was a nice break from the hustle and bustle at the park (we were in the Santa Inez). Only downfall (from my cousin) was that the water pressure in the shower was too hard (I loved it). The TV screen is small but who cares - you're supposed to be at Disneyland....you can watch TV at home!

Room Tip: The King + Double also has a sofa bed but ask for extra bedding at check in - there's none in th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We took our granddaughters to Disneyland in early November. We booked two studios at the Anabella. Each room had a king bed and an alcove with a double bed as well as a sleeper sofa. The bedding was extremely nice and the beds were very comfortable. The property was beautiful and right across the street from the Magic Kingdom- a bit of a walk. Breakfast was offered each day with our package. The restaurant on site was very well situated and the food was good. The price for our rooms was awesome and the hotel staff were very attentive. We are planning our next trip to the Anabella Hotel while we visit Mickey again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!