“Highly Recommended - Great Disneyland/Anaheim Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Edmonton, Canada
“Highly Recommended - Great Disneyland/Anaheim Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed at the Anabella during a girls' trip to Disneyland. Our trip, booked through WestJet Vacations, included complimentary breakfast at The Tangerine every morning and it was a great classic breakfast. I really appreciated the fact that there was no hassle using the coupons and that we could use them towards other items on the menu if we wanted.

Everything about our stay was easy and enjoyable - the room was great, with easily controlled heating/cooling (great because as Canadians, we weren't used to the humidity so the temperature felt different to us); the pool (and area) was clean and well set up for swimming and sunbathing; the restaurant staff was friendly and prompt; the location is fantastic. The lobby staff was very friendly and more than happy to give directions and recommendations for shopping, nightlife, etc.

I would absolutely stay here again, and would recommend it to my own friends and family.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to talk to the concierge or front desk for tips on the area, everyone was more th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS

What a terrible experience. First off, while cheap, the rooms are dated and moderately clean at best. We checked in, had our unspectactular and uneventful stay and went home. About a month later, I recieved a $300 charge claiming that I broke hotel property. This was completely false, and upon further investigation, I realized they posted the charge two days into my 9 day stay. There was no communication that I was being charged, no one told me that I had allegedly damaged the propery in my room (because I didn't, they lied) and to date they have refused to refund my money. Not only that, but when I called to inquire about the charge, the employee Ian [...] was exceedingly rude, and short with me as well as unhelpful and accusatory.

I'm not sure if the housekeeping staff accidentally broke the mirror and blamed it one me, or if it was broken previous to/after my stay, or if they're just trying to steal 300 bucks now that I'm out of the country, but the result is they are stealing my money,

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS THEY WILL LIE AND STEAL YOUR MONEY

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
dkleckner, Front Desk Supervisor at The Anabella, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Butters O,

Thank you for your review, all reviews (both positive and negative) are helpful in our journey to providing excellent guest service. I am very sorry to see that a review on this website was your response to us trying to solve this issue. During your review you had written: "About a month later, I received a $300 charge claiming that I broke hotel property. This was completely false, and upon further investigation, I realized they posted the charge two days into my 9 day stay."

I am quite confused this statement in which you claim that the charge was received a month later but also you state that it was posted during your stay. I am not aware of how this was communicated in your particular case. We do contact guests when making charges and these charges are available for review at our front desk 24 hours.

If you have any further questions or would like to discuss this further feel free to contact me.
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Anabella is literally a stroll away from Downtown Disney and the California Adventure hotel. Next door is Tiffy's, a quaint ice cream parlor but you don't have to go anywhere for an affordable delicious meal. The Tangerine is in the front of this gorgeous property of well maintained two-story walk-ups! The Tangerine restaurant and bar offer a fully stocked bar menu, healthy selections, traditional breakfast and lunch items, and all at very affordable prices. Even the Room Service is 'cheap' - everything under $12. The rooms are impeccable, the grounds are clean and neat, the employees are friendly and respectful. I have family coming in for the holidays and I'm booking them rooms there again (and feeding them there!). Parking is $12/day but it beats the $15+ at the Park and the parking is convenient and plentiful. Best part - I couldn't hear any 'city' noise from the room or restaurant so it was a nice break from the hustle and bustle at the park (we were in the Santa Inez). Only downfall (from my cousin) was that the water pressure in the shower was too hard (I loved it). The TV screen is small but who cares - you're supposed to be at Disneyland....you can watch TV at home!

Room Tip: The King + Double also has a sofa bed but ask for extra bedding at check in - there's none in th...
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We took our granddaughters to Disneyland in early November. We booked two studios at the Anabella. Each room had a king bed and an alcove with a double bed as well as a sleeper sofa. The bedding was extremely nice and the beds were very comfortable. The property was beautiful and right across the street from the Magic Kingdom- a bit of a walk. Breakfast was offered each day with our package. The restaurant on site was very well situated and the food was good. The price for our rooms was awesome and the hotel staff were very attentive. We are planning our next trip to the Anabella Hotel while we visit Mickey again.

Bakersfield, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Very attractive grounds and esthetically speaking the entire hotel complex was pleasing. The hotel staff was very accomodating and helpful. I did not meet one person with an "attitude" as was previoulsy mentioned by some reviewers. The best part of the room were the beds. They were very clean and in my case just the perfect firmness. I could actually get up in the morning without my usual "hotel-soft-bed-backache" syndrome. On the downside the shower was horrible. There was no pressure and the tub would back up with water. You basically had to choose which minute stream of water you wanted to stand under to get wet. When you were finished showering you had to step out of the shower and rinse the soap scum off your feet as the water was serveral inches deep due to the lack of a working drain. We had to request more soap and shampoo as what was originally in the room was not nearly enough for four people. Also, I don't know if all rooms are the same but our room had an adjoining door to the next room and our neighbors were so loud it sounded as though they were all in our room. The adjoining door offered no buffer against noise from the people next door.

We tried the hotel restaurant (the Tangerine Grill) for breakfast and were disappointed in
that experience. We were set at a table that was not prepared properly. We had to ask for silverware, coffee cups and coffee. We waited for what seemed a longer than normal time for our meal and when it arrived we were cautioned to try our food as the kitchen had been putting out cold food. When we tried the food, three of our four meals were absolutely cold. We had to have them remade. The second time around they were better but not as hot as they could have been. The time wasted was redicuolus. Upon receiving the bill we were told that they would discount the meals for us. I did not even have to ask for this as they offered before I could say a thing. I guess that's a plus for them.

Although the close proximity to Disneyland made this hotel very convenient I cannot honestly say I would recommend this place for an extended stay. I've stayed in worse but I have also stayed in a lot better.

Room Tip: Try the shower before you agree to the room. Ask for a room without an adjoining door.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Rooms are nice with a king size bed, hardwood floors, refrigerator and a big bathroom. However, unless you like a painful shower don't take one. The water pressure is so hard it hurts. Also this nice room still had an old 21 inch tube tv. You walk in and see the big room, the big bed, the big bathroom and then an old ugly tube tv that takes a little pretty away.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Redlands, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

i thought the pictures on Hotel Tonight were amazing and complimented the hotel was a little skeptical but to my amazement the hotel was beautiful, the customer service was amazing. The spa could be open a little later and the bar closes way to early. the hotel was beautiful and the grounds were too. super close to disneyland i wouldnt walk though. can't wait to stay there again

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!