“Never a Let Down!!!! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Merced, California
“Never a Let Down!!!! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My family loves this Hotel! My kids call it home. I have to laugh becuse they really think this is there home away from there real home. We always get treated like family! We have stayed at this place like 11 times already and will continue our stay with the Anabella hotel!! Always the Mendozas......

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

2,060 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Westfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This was my third stay at the Anabella in Anaheim. I was there for a conference. The grounds are kept nicely and it is very clean. The food and drinks were good and not terribly overpriced - Happy Hour is a 3 hr afair! Just a short walk to the convention center and to Downtown Disney. I recommend this to all my colleagues travelling to the Anaheim area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

This is our second visit at the Anabella hotel! We were so happy with our room (the Hacienda suite), room service, pool, cocktails, Taco Tuesday and the friendly service everywhere we turned! I will come back to stay and only say great things about this hotel! Thank you for another wonderful family vacation experience!

Room Tip: We had the 3rd floor and all slept like babies!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011 via mobile

I never take the time to write reviews but because this hotel was so bad in many ways I will write one to save people from staying here. First of all it is NOTHING like the pics on their website. The website portrays this hotel as elegant charming bright an airy... When we got into our room immediately I felt like we were in a motel 6. It was dark and dreary. Walls are literally paper thin...paper thin ya hear me?! I hear snoring on one end and tv on the opposite end. The heater ac unit was literally face level next to bed. They charged $3.00 for arrowhead?! C'mon now if they are going to charge that much for water at least have Evian or even dasani...no smiles or friendliness from front desk...we stayed in San Miguel on second floor...Disney travelers I HigHLy recommend Doubletree by Hilton! Best hotel for disney goers of any age!! Do not stay here! I repeat do not stay here!!

• Stayed November 2011
coventry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We booked to come and stay at this hotel on 19th October 2011 for 2 weeks, Myself and My Daughter, casita suite, I had read poor reviews before I came but took a chance,
On Arrival I was tired got checked in after a 10 minute wait from receptionist who thought I was with a guy in front of me, after I spoke up she checked us into a room on the 2nd floor room 8210, we were upgraded to a suite, same as casita but with sofa, was nice and clean, quieter than on ground floor but can still hear passing traffic from front of hotel, not flat screen tv but ok apart from fuzzy noise and waves across screen ocasionally, bed, nice size and very comfortable, fridge fair size for hotel, bathroom nice and clean, quite big, spare room nice, with flat screen.

if You have the heater or cooler on in the room You will hear noise from the extractor on the outside and also the rooms adjacent which is pretty noisy, sliding window latch didnt shut properly.
we were moved to a ground floor concierge room (free upgrade) because of my back pain, which was lovely, more spacious and both rooms flat screen tv, own patio area with lounger, table and chairs, I was bitten by what must have been bed bugs from both beds, did read the reviews so was expecting at some point, ( Cleaners!! need to vaccuum beds once a fortnight, this should at least minimise the infestation), rooms are made of cardboard and you can hear every noise from above and next door rooms, very annoying, didnt get much sleep, maids clean every day except 1 which we had to ask for extra towels and to do room, they do an ok job, pool area and tangerine grill nice, pool could be warmer, 80 degrees, i dont think so!!, menu could be a little different on days, dont get the pool offers at $2.95 between 2-6pm unless u want to feed your pet mouse, Tiffys next door is really good to eat, I hop is lovely and fire and ice at garden walk was my favourite, all you can eat for $9.99, rice, salads, veg, meat and fish, then cooked on top stove in front of you, Do not eat at Cocos!!!!, terrible overall service and food!!.
No entertainment at this hotel and could be quite boring for young children, other than the swimming pool.
Would be nice if they had a phone in the hotel to call overseas if needed.
Do not be put off with the review I have left as this is an overall lovely hotel and the staff, Mike, Oscar and Garrett made our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: quieter on top floors away furthest away from road
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

We booked this hotel strictly on price & proximity to Disneyland. Parking was $12 which I guess is to be expected, but still felt a little on the steep side. The site advertised that it was across the street from Disneyland, which I suppose it is, but to actually get to the entrance of Disneyland you're looking at a 15-20 minute walk... even though the area feels pretty safe, we didn't like walking back to the hotel late at night by ourselves, so I would have rather been a bit closer to the actual entrance, and felt that statement was a bit misleading.

Our room was clean & there was plentiful parking in the lot right next to our room so that helped. We had a main room, bathroom, hallway type room with a mirror, and a bonus little daybed room, which would be great for kids or couples traveling with an extra person. Our fridge was broken so that sucked, and our leftovers from dinner spoiled.

The bathroom was pretty and big but the shower was almost a trickle & the toilet flushed kinda weird... I'm not picky so it didn't really bother me, but if I was a pickier person I probably would have had an issue on it so I figured I'd let you know. :)

The bed was super comfy so we should have gotten a good night's sleep, however we could hear TVs on both sides of our room (one right behind our bed)... we even turned our OWN TV on and could STILL hear the other TVs. Also, around 6 AM, there were running children going back and forth on the walkway outside, which woke me up. Not the hotel's fault that the children were running, but just about every noise made outside this room could be heard from inside. The neighbors shut a door & it literally startled me & made me jump. The walls were way too thin... and we were on the top floor! I can't imagine what a bottom room would be like with people above you. If you're a light sleeper, you might have issues!

Breakfast was SUPER affordable ($2 for a bagel & cream cheese, $3 for 5 pieces of bacon, etc) but the service made our experience horrible. To start, my husband's coffee was lukewarm at best... when he asked for a new cup, it took about 5 minutes to get it to him. We let this slide as they probably had to brew another batch. Our breakfast took about 15 minutes to arrive, which seemed a little weird as we didn't order much (how long does it take to toast a bagel?). I had finished my coffee before the food came & when the food came, I asked the waitress for more. She never came back to our table. Like, ever. My husband even talked to the woman who seemed to be the hostess/in charge & she said she'd get the server over right away for the coffee. 15 minutes later she is nowhere to be seen. So we say, forget about the coffee, let's just get the bill (we had been there for literally almost an hour at this point, and had been done with our meal for at least 15-20 minutes). No waitress. We again asked the hostess if we can get the check & she said the waitress would be right there. I went into the lobby to check out since this whole process was taking so long... stood in line for about 10 minutes, checked out, and STILL my husband was sitting at the table with no bill. We knew our bill was only about $13 so we ended up just leaving $15 on the table & taking off. It's VERY rare that we don't tip (the $15 covered the food & tax but just barely) as we have both worked in the service industry but this was just unacceptable; we are fast eaters & were looking forward to getting to Disneyland so we should not have been there for an hour & 15 minutes. The breakfast room was busy but not crazy busy, and it was a Tuesday morning.. not even a weekend!

All in all, it's a cheap room but I would probably drive to Disneyland;I don't think I'd do the walk again. Front desk & lobby staff was nice but restaurant staff was severely lacking.

Pros:

- Very affordable (we paid around $90 for a pretty large room)
- Close(ish) to Disneyland
- Decent parking rates
- Clean rooms
- Large rooms
- Nice pool/bar area

Cons:

- VERY thin walls
- Fridge was broken
- Toilet was a bit hit or miss
- HORRIBLE breakfast service
- Not as close as it seems to Disneyland

Room Tip: I'd definitely request a 2nd story room if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
dkleckner, Front Desk Supervisor at The Anabella, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you for your review. I have forwarded this to our Director of Food and Beverage who will be addressing this with his staff. I would love for you to contact me directly so I can have a better understanding of your stay and where we can improve for the future. We would love to have you back, if you do return to Anaheim please don't hesitate to call.
La Grange, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Check in was quick and easy, with the staff being friendly and helpful despite the fact that it was late and a conference party was being held in the restaurant. The accommodations were comfortable and roomy, the staff helpful and friendly. I was a little worried after reading some of the older reviews, but what a relief! The room was clean and large (Santa Ines - #3101), the main pool was conveniently located, clean and nicely planted. Restaurant staff at the Tangerine brought food and drinks out to the pool area. They were courteous and attentive. The hotel is a compound of buildings, beautifully landscaped with a central fountain. Within walking distance to Disney, the Convention center, shopping and car rentals. Comfortable bed and bedding. Not a lot of tv channels, but that wasn't what I was there for. Appreciated the desk and lots of outlets for phones, computers,etc. I didn't park a car or use their WI-FI, but there are charges for those, which I think should be free. I did rent a car for a day at the Alamo on Kantella, where Melvin went out of his way to accomodate me even though I didn't have a reservation. I would highly recommend the Anabella and hope I get a chance to stay with them again. I also appreciated the follow up e-mail from Brandon Jacobsen, the front office manager, thanking me for my stay and inquiring if all went well.

Room Tip: I really liked the location of the rooms at the Santa Ines building. Very close to pool and restaura...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!