“Anabella Hotel, Anaheim” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
La Grange, Illinois
“Anabella Hotel, Anaheim”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Check in was quick and easy, with the staff being friendly and helpful despite the fact that it was late and a conference party was being held in the restaurant. The accommodations were comfortable and roomy, the staff helpful and friendly. I was a little worried after reading some of the older reviews, but what a relief! The room was clean and large (Santa Ines - #3101), the main pool was conveniently located, clean and nicely planted. Restaurant staff at the Tangerine brought food and drinks out to the pool area. They were courteous and attentive. The hotel is a compound of buildings, beautifully landscaped with a central fountain. Within walking distance to Disney, the Convention center, shopping and car rentals. Comfortable bed and bedding. Not a lot of tv channels, but that wasn't what I was there for. Appreciated the desk and lots of outlets for phones, computers,etc. I didn't park a car or use their WI-FI, but there are charges for those, which I think should be free. I did rent a car for a day at the Alamo on Kantella, where Melvin went out of his way to accomodate me even though I didn't have a reservation. I would highly recommend the Anabella and hope I get a chance to stay with them again. I also appreciated the follow up e-mail from Brandon Jacobsen, the front office manager, thanking me for my stay and inquiring if all went well.

Room Tip: I really liked the location of the rooms at the Santa Ines building. Very close to pool and restaura...

2,075 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

The room we were given smelled horrible and had stains all over the carpet. When trying to talk to the front desk they were unwilling to get us a new room or refund anything. We had prepaid for 5 nights and they would not refund any of it. Also, the shuttle service on their website cost 36.00 and when we arrived we find out they offer a blue shuttle for 10.00 and when I asked about my reservation for the return shuttle they said they did not know anything about the link on their website. When we asked where the elevators were he responded with it's a 30 year old hotel, we don't have one. Then the manager, Jay, started yelling at me uncontrollably. I did not feel safe in the back of this property and needed security the whole time. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world and have never encountered a situation like this. USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN BOOKING THIS HOTEL

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
dkleckner, Front Desk Supervisor at The Anabella, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me directly regarding the information in this post. I can only resond with shock and awe that anything like this would happen at our hotel. Please contact me so I can investigate this.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Can't thank the staff enough for giving us such a wonderful time. Mike on the door always gives everyone a wonderful cheerful greeting, AJ and Roberta were absolutely awesome! We must also say huge thankyou to Jeremy in reception for helping us so much with organising outings. The rooms were lovely, the hotel is in a great position for getting to Disney and generally we wouldn't hesitate to go back again. Our only criticism is that at weekends when the hotel gets busy the restaurant gets very busy at breakfast and orders were forgotten and the service wasn't as good. That aside we would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Anaheim.

modesto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This was a wonderful property. Very close to Disneyland. Wood floors in my room! Granite counters in bath. It was very clean. Bed was very comfortable. I totally recommend this hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

This was a great place. The only down side was that the remote for the TV did not work. Definitely recommend to friends and for those who have a Disneyland Annual Pass, you get a discount.

• Stayed October 2011
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Once again I was greated warmly when I arrived by the front desk staff.. Check in with Yesinia was fast and as always hugs all around. My handicap scooter that was ordered for me by guest service friend Oscar was already there and brand new.
My room was clean and spacious. That night I ate a wonderful pork chop dinner at the Tangerine Grill while listening to the live Jazz Group. The food was amazing.

My family arrived Saturday night and the 4 of us have no problems with the size of the room also accomodating the handi cap scooter. Our room was serviced every day by the smiling housekeepers who do a wonderful job.

I have read the negative reviews and honestly don't understand them. If we have an issue of any kind they are always handled immediately with kindness and concern. I always stay in the room with the King size bed and a full with the pull out loveseat. The floors are hard floors so this makes my driving in with my scooter very easy. We must be lucky because we have never had a noise issue.
I highly recommend staying here. It is close to the parks we always walk, I scoot and it only takes 10 - 15 minutes cutting through the California Hotel. We then go right in CA adveture through the hotel entrance.
Please give them a try and enjoy!

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the bottom floor with hardwood laminate flooring. Its very nice to have the King Fu...
Algonquin,Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Our family of 3 adults were in town for an event at the Anaheim Convention Center and also attended Disney Land. The room we got was their Mission Suite and it worked out perfect as our older son took the room with the daybed and tv and we were in the main room in the King bed with it's tv as well. Nice size room and it had hardwood floors. The bathroom was a tad small but worked fine for us. My only complaint was with the lobby of the hotel itself. Complimentary coffee was no where to be found and at a place like this I would expect that to be a perk for the guests. You could order from their grab and go area off the restaurant in the morning but a medium coffee was $3.00 and it was just ok coffee. The hotel is located within walking distance of both places we were attending so that was perfect and there are 2 family style restaurant just feet away so it is perfect if you want to avoid higher prices in the theme park for eating. If you have AAA you get a nice discount. There is a nice pool as well and a quiet pool too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!