“VERY FRIENDLY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Brisbane, Australia
“VERY FRIENDLY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Our stay over the Christmas/New Years period was great.
Matt & Oscar from the front desk/area were extremely helpful and polite.
We will be coming back again for sure.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

2,078 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
LB
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

We recently booked the Annabella for our Disneyland trip. We have typically stayed at the Grand Californian, but decided to save $1500.00 this time around and pocket the extra cash. When we viewed the rooms online, we couldn't believe what we were getting for $500.00 for 4 nights! We booked the 2 room mission suite thinking we were getting a spacious room with 2 rooms. When we walked in our room, we were disappointed to find a small room with basically a walk-in closet converted into a second room. The main room could not have fit 2 queen beds if it tried. The bed in that room left no room to open up the sofa bed. We had to block the room door and push the sofa up against the dresser and tv to be able to open it. The "second" room had a small daybed and chair literally crammed into it. The bathroom was fairly spacious, but had absolutely no counter space. The extremely narrow "vanity" area did have a large counter and mirror, but you had to squeeze by one another and the entrance to the closet was so small I had to access it sideways and turn my luggage upwards on it's side to get it in and out. It really would have been nice to have an extra sink with the vanity counter area. Truly, most rooms we have stayed in that are just a basic room with two beds have been much larger than this "2 room suite."
The staff need a severe lesson on customer service. Every single person from the front desk, to housekeeping, to bar service acted like they did not want to be there. No wonder they don't work at the Grand Californian where the service is absolutely superb! In this economy - you need to step up your game, put a smile on your face, and be willing to be helpful and friendly. If you're not happy working in the customer service field in a hotel - go find your happy place!
The walk to Disneyland was very easy - our six year old had no problem.
The grounds were beautiful and the hotel (really it's a motel) had a nice comfy style. The parking really does suck, though. They charge you $10.00/night for parking and there are no guaranteed spots. We had to park several sections away from our own room. It would be better to designate one spot per room close to the room itself. And really - why charge $10/night parking anyways? That is unnecessary - maybe charge for additional vehichles in an overflow area, but not for one car per room.
Anyways, we won't return and will not recommend this motel (simply because of the poor customer service).
Oh,one more thing - they claim to search for bedbugs, but if they really are searching, why did we find 4 used tissues under the daybed mattress when we did our own self inspection?????

Room Tip: don't pay for the suite - not really a suite
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I came to Disneyland for our honeymoon. We got this hotel with a package. It looked so nice when we looked at the pictures online. Most of it is the same as the pictures which was no promble. The promble was how rude the customer care was. I called down because the housekeeper forgot to give me new soap and face soap. When I called it took 20 mins and I still got nothing. I called down and I rudely got back "ok ok! its coming let me call!!" . Also for a hotel next to Disneyland u would think the people would smile and be friendly not even close. I felt disliked I would have loved it more if the people fake like the were happy and not been rude. Over all the rooms are nice and clean and cozy. I would stay here again but due to the rudeness I got I willnt returning

• Stayed April 2011
whittier
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

After my recent stay, I decided to read reviews here. It just seems odd to me that people give bad reviews, like this is how the hotel operates. The past review from the lady that states that all the men at the front desk were rude, just doesn't sound true at all. I dealt with the Concierge and Front Desk during my stay numerous times, and I found them MORE than helpful. I'm thinking most bad reviews come from people who are always looking for something for free, because they never read the things they sign. The hotels website explained every charge that I received, so if you think there are hidden fees, try reading your registration card when you sign it. The fact that they are rated #33 out of a hundred something hotels in Anaheim is good considering the #1 hotel is a hotel across the street from the Honda Center, which is like 3 miles away from Disney! I hope this helps.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I was really excited about staying at the Anabella Hotel because the pictures online made it look really nice and the price was great! However, the room did not look like the pictures online. The wallpaper was starting to peel up..there was a slight step up into the bath/hallway/vanity area, the bed (which was supposed to have 2 posters on it) did not seem like it was a queen size bed but a full size, the guy who checked us in was not very friendly...his name was David something..I remember his first name because that is my dad's name and the maid/room service left a food tray in front of our room. So to recap..we get there to check in and get an unfriendly front desk person in what is SUPPOSED to be the friendlist place on earth, get to our room after having a hard time finding a parking spot and find a food tray in front of our rooms window then open the door to a room that is not what I ordered.
I probably should have complained while there but didn't need the conflict for a 2 night stay. All in all I will be looking to stay elsewhere next time we travel to Disneyland.

Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

All the men that work the front desk are rude, they act like you are bothering them by asking questions or requesting the coffee that NEVER got placed in the room.. While waiting on my second night to request once again, the coffee for the room.. There was an older gentleman requesting info on tickets to the Angel's in hopes of being able to purchase them there.. The guy behind the desk was rude, spoke to him like he was a deaf infant, loud slow words, even spelled out the website to go to, to purchase the tickets.. When the man explained, I did not come here with a computer, nor do I know how to use one, the employee gave a huge Uh! noise, grumbled under his breath, rolled his eyes, looked at me, said did you need something?!
The food sucks!! Do not eat there!! I had eatten plenty earlier, so when my 3 boys asked to get something to eat there, I had no problem feeding them as we were poolside. All 3 of my boys had gotten sick, neither of them shared the same thing- Spaghetti, cheeseburger, and mac & cheese. There has to be some type of clenliness issue in the kitchen.
While waiting for one of the 3 people working in the bar that was NOT crowded, I watched them screw up the gal in front of me's order, she asked for a dirty martini and and a margarita, he even asked her if she wanted it on the rocks or blended.. He brought her back a regular martini & a Budlight.. They appologised for the mix up, let her know he pored the beer so she has to take it! But yet, they were willing to fix her dirty martini for free?!! So, remaking that drink, they put BLUEBERRY vodka in it.. Not to mention, she gave them a $100 bill, handed her ones for the change, she had to stand there and request the rest of her change.
We stayed in the Casita Suite, just FYI, they lie about the room.. There is no double day bed in the seperate room, it is only a twin..
Lastly, my eldest son received a rash from using the shampoo as bubble bath

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Thanks so much to the Anabella management and staff for the most pleasant stay! Our room was on the third floor, classified as their standard room, but worked just perfect for us as we went on our Disney days. I am a RN and very particular about cleanliness and I was just relieved to open the door from our long flight from the Canadian Prairies to see such an incredibly clean room. The sheets were solid white with the most comfortable white duvets, covered with white sheets. At night we were able to put our sleepy young children to bed , go out on our balcony and watch the Disney park fireworks. We didn't anticipate eating at the hotel restaurant called the Tangerine Grill, because previous reviews stated how expensive it was. But really, it wasn't expensive at all coming from Canada where a normal family of four eats for $25/meal. They graciously accommodated our children's allergies and they even have Silk brand soy milk!! Our only suggestion would be to have the hotel management place a card on the fridge in the suite to suggest the temperature it should be set at upon arrival. We went to a local store to pick up soy milk and juices with some cereal for breakfasts in the room or late night snacks and we had to play trial and error with the fridge for a couple days. We enjoyed the fact that our children (two boys, 8 and 5) could play with their newly acquired light sabers from the World of Disney store right in the courtyard outside our room....the Anabella feels like a hotel with all the best amenities, but you access your room/suite like a quaint motel....very similar to the show Melrose Place. We will definitely return and next time we will try booking into one of their family suites. Thank you for making our first trip to Disney a very comfortable and most enjoyable experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!