“the most pleasant stay with young children” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“the most pleasant stay with young children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Thanks so much to the Anabella management and staff for the most pleasant stay! Our room was on the third floor, classified as their standard room, but worked just perfect for us as we went on our Disney days. I am a RN and very particular about cleanliness and I was just relieved to open the door from our long flight from the Canadian Prairies to see such an incredibly clean room. The sheets were solid white with the most comfortable white duvets, covered with white sheets. At night we were able to put our sleepy young children to bed , go out on our balcony and watch the Disney park fireworks. We didn't anticipate eating at the hotel restaurant called the Tangerine Grill, because previous reviews stated how expensive it was. But really, it wasn't expensive at all coming from Canada where a normal family of four eats for $25/meal. They graciously accommodated our children's allergies and they even have Silk brand soy milk!! Our only suggestion would be to have the hotel management place a card on the fridge in the suite to suggest the temperature it should be set at upon arrival. We went to a local store to pick up soy milk and juices with some cereal for breakfasts in the room or late night snacks and we had to play trial and error with the fridge for a couple days. We enjoyed the fact that our children (two boys, 8 and 5) could play with their newly acquired light sabers from the World of Disney store right in the courtyard outside our room....the Anabella feels like a hotel with all the best amenities, but you access your room/suite like a quaint motel....very similar to the show Melrose Place. We will definitely return and next time we will try booking into one of their family suites. Thank you for making our first trip to Disney a very comfortable and most enjoyable experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I stayed at this lovely hotel for a night earlier this week with my family. We drove up from San Diego to enjoy Disneyland and were thrilled with everything from check-in to check-out. As the title of my review states; this was truly an escape from all the other cookie cutter hotels surrounding Disneyland. We've stayed at numerous hotels around Disneyland before and I can tell you this with certainty: We will be staying at Anabella Hotel every time we come in the future!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Our stay at the Anabella was ok. Firstly our window wouldnt lock, our TV wasnt working properly and there was water damage in the bathroom area so it was a little smelly.
a quick call to the front desk and window/TV fixed.
We had dinner at the restaurant which was very nice. Service was great, our waiter Shaun couldnt do enough for us, even played hangman with our children.
Loction to the Parks was about a 10 minute walk. Easy.
Would stay again as the saying goes ( you get what you pay for).

California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

The service overall was okay, the location was great, but too many other things severely lacked.

When we checked in to our room, we noticed that we couldn't lock the deadbolt even after pushing up, down and sideways to try and make it work. We called the front desk, they said they would send someone up and they never came. We should have known then that we were in for trouble.

When leaving the pool area there was consistently a strong sewage smell that was disgusting!!! We heard others complain about it also.

Also, it is not clear when you book your room, but if you would like to leave a night early, you have to do it 72 hours before checking in to the hotel, otherwise you will be charged a $75 fee! I stay at a lot of hotels and have never encountered anything like this! Our stay was supposed to be 5 nights and on the second day we asked to shorten it by one night and was told about this crazy rule.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, May 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that you encounter difficulties during your stay, I would like to apologize to you if you were not notified about the early departure fee. We as a hotel feel that we have a commitment to all of our guest in insuring that every guest has a pleasant stay during their time away from home. I would like for you to contact myself so that we can discuss your stay. I am looking forward to speaking with you in the days to come.

Adrian Gonzalez
Santa Barbara, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

This was my 4th time at the Anabella and my last. The location is great, rooms are clean and comfy and it is a great value. We checked out quite early on our day of departure, at 8am and I asked if I could leave my car on property until 11am, official checkout time. We wanted to take a walk and have breakfast before leaving Anaheim. The front desk person I spoke to (and I am sorry I didn't write down her name) was quite rude and said absolutely not. I didn't understand this as we cleared out of the room early for them so they could make it up and get it ready for the next guest. We only wanted to leave the car there for the time we would have anyway if we had checked out at 11am. Very disappointed. I asked to speak to a Manager and was told no one was available. We won't be going back again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to start by apologize to you about this situation that happened during your stay, I would like for you to contact myself so that I can make it right for you. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visits to the Anaheim resort area, I am looking forward to speaking with you so that we can gain you back as a repeat guest.

Adrian Gonzalez
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I was a little concerned with the mixed reviews when we first booked but thought we'd give it a go anyway.

The room was very clean and well kept.

The front counter staff was fantastic, especially the guys at the concierge desk. They were extremely helpful in helping us with a bad experience with a shuttle service and quickly helped us find another option - which was less expensive and nicer than what we had booked.

They were also superb in helping us get to and find the right place to pick up all of the things on our shopping list with the least amount of travel and expense. We didn't have a car so we were taking the bus and/or cabbing it. I'm sure they saved us a ton of money on travel expenses that we spent at the mall instead.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Just stayed there 2 nights with wife and daughter. It appears newly remodeled as everything was "new and shiny". Spacious rooms. Great location for our visit to the Disney parks. Even had time the last night to relax in the hot tub - very pleasing pool area adjoining the outdoor eating area and bar (but shielded by thick vegetation so you could feel somewhat secluded).

Staff was very friendly from management on down to the cleaning folks.

I left my phone charger and the manager/bell person - sorry I forgot your name! - mailed it to me for no charge!

Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!