“Great hotel, staff, location, pool- too bad about the noisy guests” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Calgary, Canada
“Great hotel, staff, location, pool- too bad about the noisy guests”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I was nervous about staying here as the reviews were mixed, but chanced it and I was very happy for the most part. We were given a double instead of the queen we had booked, which I didnt realize till my teenage son and I were crawling into bed. Pretty squishy. I talked to the staff the next day and they were of course willing to give us the queen we had booked but we didnt want to repack and move so instead, they reduced the price for the remaining nights by a decent amount, and took care of our parking. I was happy with this. Pools are both great. One quiet - one not. The big drawback was the other guests. We were on the 2nd floor of a 3 story section (some are 2 stories) and the upstairs kids were wild and someone was constantly locking their car (read- beep beep of the horn every 2 minutes for a good half hour.) When I called security, the beeping stopped. Nothing the hotel can do about noisy guests so I would recommend a room on the top floor and somewhere where there are only 2 stories so less units in an area. earplugs might help. Also, the hotel was located on the back side of the disney lot so you have to walk along Disney Way (turn left out of the front entrance of the Anabella))and go up Disney Way then through the Grand Californian Hotel to get to the Disney gates. (there is also an entrance if you head around to Harbour but that would take way to long from the Anabella. The way we took was a nice scenic walk. Parking is $10 per day at the Anabella, as is internet but the wifi worked great. Id stay again but in a quieter part of the hotel- or stay at one of the many hotels virtually across the street from the main entrance on Harbour- check googlemaps. OR at the Grand Californian if it was in the budget - whew! nice joint! Oh- and I remember reading that the restaurant was pricey- it was not at all! But then I just came from Santa Monica! It is certainly less than Disney - food was good. Good variety.

Room Tip: dont stay in the 3 floor part- try floor 2 of 2
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Great location, staff is exceptionally accomodating, Nick is awesome (Front desk manager), ART pass kiosk in lobby area, lovely pool & hot tub area, nice business center, rooms were well designed, lovely grounds, clean, Happy Hour! Fabulous!

1 down fall - (small) if you use the pull out sofa in the room they charge an extra $15 dollars a night.

Selah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to find my hotel room to be fully updated, eco friendly, and a price to fit my budget. I didnt get a chance to upgrade my room, but was very happy with the room I ended up with. The adjacent restaurant, the Tangerine, had very good food with prices to fit any budget. The hotel staff were very helpful as well as pleasant. Thank you Anabella for a great stay! We will be back next time!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stayed at the Anabella Hotel for 2 nights last October. The first night we arrived after midnight and the staff were very welcoming and allowed us to check in quickly so we could get to bed.

We had a mission suite, which would be nice for 2-3 people but for four, it was fairly cramped. The pullout sofa is at the end of the main bed and when folded out, it almost touched the opposite wall so had to be folded up or we had to walk over it to get to the other side of the bed. That was the only thing we could find if we wanted to be picky but I can vouch for the king bed at least, being very very comfortable. The rooms are very clean and the entrance areas are private. The gardens and landscaping in general around the site are beautiful and it had a lovely hacienda feel to it.

We had breakfast at the on site restaurant one morning and it was quite pleasant.

It is not too far a walk to get to Disneyland and the walk is lovely, with beautiful tree lined roads, and the area is well maintained. At night we took a different route from Downtown Disney and this too is not a very long walk, and is very safe late at night.

There is a large outlet center a short cab ride away and the Santa Ana (?) mall also not too far. This was an excellent opportunity for last minute shopping before we headed back to LAX for flight home.

Upon checkout, the staff allowed us to leave all of our luggage in a secure room while we went shopping. When we returned, our shuttle was an hour late. The staff allowed us to use their phone and frequently checked on us to make sure we were okay while we were waiting. It is this kind of service that inspires me to highly recommend the Anabella Hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Encinitas, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Our stay was pleasant, the rooms were clean and we were upgraded. The price was awesome, the people were friendly and helpful, and the food prices at the restaurant were very reasonable. Service was a little slow but tolerable. I accidentally forgot my jacket in the room closet and they located it and mailed it back to me! Jeremy, at the front desk, was so nice and accommodating! We would stay again...

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Someone recommended the Anabella to me. There were a few things that I really like about the hotel. It is right across the street from Disney. While not considered to be "on property", it is a very easy walk (5-10 minutes to ticket entrance). It is also reasonably priced. You can eat breakfast there without it costing an arm and a leg. They also do a nice job of keeping it very clean and are proud of their property. It is not a 5 star property but if you are looking for a good location, clean hotel and reasonable prices, this is a great place for a family to stay.

Xochitel was the woman who helped me check in and book my reservation. She was FANTASTIC and helped me get the perfect room at a good price. Thanks Xochitel!

Room Tip: 2 floors - I recommend the 2nd floor for privacy
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
West Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

My mom stays here and highly recommended the hotel. I can't say the same. Location was nice and the price of the room was much more affordable in comparison with the Disney hotels. Had three meals at the resturaunt that were cold and service was very slow and not good on getting a group taken care of. Got my first cup of coffee and that was it. Water and coffee were never refilled. We ate at the hotel resturaunt because we had concierge rooms and breakfast for two was included. Would have much rather ate at the park and not got the concierge room. Room was clean but the bed was extremely noisey and woke everyone in the room up if I rolled or got up. Poor selection of TV channels. Pretty much just the basics. There was a parking charge and lots of hidden fees.

Room Tip: Nicer than a motel 6 but get what you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for your experience that you had with us during your stay. I would like to let you know that we are all taking the time to train all staff on how to better everyone's stay. Please contact myself so that I can better understand on how we could have made your stay more pleasant. I am looking forward to speaking with you on this matter.

Adrian Gonzalez

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!