“Great Value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #47 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Encinitas, California, USA
“Great Value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Our stay was pleasant, the rooms were clean and we were upgraded. The price was awesome, the people were friendly and helpful, and the food prices at the restaurant were very reasonable. Service was a little slow but tolerable. I accidentally forgot my jacket in the room closet and they located it and mailed it back to me! Jeremy, at the front desk, was so nice and accommodating! We would stay again...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Someone recommended the Anabella to me. There were a few things that I really like about the hotel. It is right across the street from Disney. While not considered to be "on property", it is a very easy walk (5-10 minutes to ticket entrance). It is also reasonably priced. You can eat breakfast there without it costing an arm and a leg. They also do a nice job of keeping it very clean and are proud of their property. It is not a 5 star property but if you are looking for a good location, clean hotel and reasonable prices, this is a great place for a family to stay.

Xochitel was the woman who helped me check in and book my reservation. She was FANTASTIC and helped me get the perfect room at a good price. Thanks Xochitel!

Room Tip: 2 floors - I recommend the 2nd floor for privacy
West Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

My mom stays here and highly recommended the hotel. I can't say the same. Location was nice and the price of the room was much more affordable in comparison with the Disney hotels. Had three meals at the resturaunt that were cold and service was very slow and not good on getting a group taken care of. Got my first cup of coffee and that was it. Water and coffee were never refilled. We ate at the hotel resturaunt because we had concierge rooms and breakfast for two was included. Would have much rather ate at the park and not got the concierge room. Room was clean but the bed was extremely noisey and woke everyone in the room up if I rolled or got up. Poor selection of TV channels. Pretty much just the basics. There was a parking charge and lots of hidden fees.

Room Tip: Nicer than a motel 6 but get what you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for your experience that you had with us during your stay. I would like to let you know that we are all taking the time to train all staff on how to better everyone's stay. Please contact myself so that I can better understand on how we could have made your stay more pleasant. I am looking forward to speaking with you on this matter.

Adrian Gonzalez
Lodi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

This was a great hotel......ten min walk to disneyland what a great location ..the room was really nice and clean. the pool and spa are top notch ......and for this price i will be back every time i come to disneyland...

sherwood park alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

My family just got back from an eight night stay at the Anabella, and we enjoyed all aspects of our stay. The service, both at the desk, concierge desk and restaurant were exemplary. The rooms were bright and attractively decorated. The pools were lovely, as were the grounds. We ended up eating most of our meals at the Tangerine Grill, rather than experimenting in the area, because we were so pleased with the quality and cost of the meals, and the service was fantastic. Close enough to the Disney parks to walk, but serviced by a shuttle for times we were too tired to walk back. Even if we weren't planning a trip to the Disney Parks, I would pick the Anabella for any southern California holiday.

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We arrived on March 30/2011 and stayed till April 4/2011. We stayed in room 3101. The sprinklers went on at 2am in morning and the sprinkler was outside our door and woke us up. The hot water in the shower did not work. The bar fridge in the room did not keep the pop cold for our 6 year old daughter. The bedsheet was stained yellow and I complained and they changed them.My spouse and my 6 year old had a pedicure at the hair salon attached to hotel. The two hairdressors and beaticians there were telling my spouse you need this and that. Then they told me that i needed a hair cut, so I got my hair cut and I am very thin on top. Later they blowed dried my thinning hair. My regular hairstylist does not blow dry my thinning hair as no need to. At end the total for my spouse and 6 year old was a bill of $218. Get this my hair cut was $25 and blow dry was $10..lol. They then told me I must pay tip and for my spouse tip was $26 and for me $10. Since when does someone tell you how much tip you should give? I complained and there was no manager that date and they told me that the hair salon rents space from hotel. In our hotel package through our travel agent there was Classic Breakfast at the Tangerine Bar and Grill which was included. They told us that if we do not order the Classic Breakfast that they will deduct $14 off the bill. At Check Out which was today they forgot to deduct the $14 for each breakfast we had there. I was in a rush as left there at 6am as I had to catch my plane back home,At airport I contact front desk and person kept saying she could not hear me, but she heard me talking on phone as she responded, but when I talked on phone about descrepency on bill she said she had problems hearing me????? Playing games. I then told her I wanted to speak to manager, she replied not in till 7am. I told her to let manager call me as I would call back then. At end, 3 minutes later she called to say she credited my credit card back $48. I will now see if my credit card is credited back. Some hotels give you free Wi Fi for internet, this hotel charges you. The walls in this hotel are very thin and you can hear your neighbours.I havent had a good night sleep since I got there. vacations are made for Rest and Relaxations, which never happenned at this hotel. The only postive thing I have to say was that there was a server there named Angel that worked at the Tangerine resturant and he was a excellent person with a caring personality and he went the extra mile to make sure that you were happy with the meal. Talking to Angel made me and my family think that I known him for a long time as that is the personality he has. Like I said he is caring person and even my 6 year old daughter when we booked out of hotel said that she wanted to say bye to Angel, i told her that is was 6am and that Angel was not at work as Tangerine bar and grill was closed. Our family Angel will like to thank you for being very polite and for the excellent service you provided at the Tangerine. Honestly I feel that a person like Angel should be moved to front office, perhaps management as a person like his character for your hotel will make your hotel exceed instead of having bad reviews. If Angel were in Vancouver, British Columbia I would hire him in a heartbeat for my company that I own.All people out there , if your planning not to sleep alot and dont care how your hotel facilities work like then this hotel is for you. If you care about your sleep and relaxation stay away. If you want to get ripped off by hairstylyst salon at the hotel and like to throw away your money then go see the hairstylist as both those women there will swindle your money away from you, heck they will even figure out the tip that is required for you, you will not need a bookeeper or an accountant. If you want good resturant service and a good meal go to the Tangerine Resturant and say hi to Angel for us.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

The service, the rooms, the amenities, the restaurant, etc. were all top notch. I worked with the concierge/Guest Service Manager to plan a day trip to Santa Barbara and I couldn't have been more pleased!! I would say my overall experience with the Anabella Hotel was excellent and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!