“Big enough for major amenities, small enough for personal attention” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
sherwood park alberta
“Big enough for major amenities, small enough for personal attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

My family just got back from an eight night stay at the Anabella, and we enjoyed all aspects of our stay. The service, both at the desk, concierge desk and restaurant were exemplary. The rooms were bright and attractively decorated. The pools were lovely, as were the grounds. We ended up eating most of our meals at the Tangerine Grill, rather than experimenting in the area, because we were so pleased with the quality and cost of the meals, and the service was fantastic. Close enough to the Disney parks to walk, but serviced by a shuttle for times we were too tired to walk back. Even if we weren't planning a trip to the Disney Parks, I would pick the Anabella for any southern California holiday.

2,068 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We arrived on March 30/2011 and stayed till April 4/2011. We stayed in room 3101. The sprinklers went on at 2am in morning and the sprinkler was outside our door and woke us up. The hot water in the shower did not work. The bar fridge in the room did not keep the pop cold for our 6 year old daughter. The bedsheet was stained yellow and I complained and they changed them.My spouse and my 6 year old had a pedicure at the hair salon attached to hotel. The two hairdressors and beaticians there were telling my spouse you need this and that. Then they told me that i needed a hair cut, so I got my hair cut and I am very thin on top. Later they blowed dried my thinning hair. My regular hairstylist does not blow dry my thinning hair as no need to. At end the total for my spouse and 6 year old was a bill of $218. Get this my hair cut was $25 and blow dry was $10..lol. They then told me I must pay tip and for my spouse tip was $26 and for me $10. Since when does someone tell you how much tip you should give? I complained and there was no manager that date and they told me that the hair salon rents space from hotel. In our hotel package through our travel agent there was Classic Breakfast at the Tangerine Bar and Grill which was included. They told us that if we do not order the Classic Breakfast that they will deduct $14 off the bill. At Check Out which was today they forgot to deduct the $14 for each breakfast we had there. I was in a rush as left there at 6am as I had to catch my plane back home,At airport I contact front desk and person kept saying she could not hear me, but she heard me talking on phone as she responded, but when I talked on phone about descrepency on bill she said she had problems hearing me????? Playing games. I then told her I wanted to speak to manager, she replied not in till 7am. I told her to let manager call me as I would call back then. At end, 3 minutes later she called to say she credited my credit card back $48. I will now see if my credit card is credited back. Some hotels give you free Wi Fi for internet, this hotel charges you. The walls in this hotel are very thin and you can hear your neighbours.I havent had a good night sleep since I got there. vacations are made for Rest and Relaxations, which never happenned at this hotel. The only postive thing I have to say was that there was a server there named Angel that worked at the Tangerine resturant and he was a excellent person with a caring personality and he went the extra mile to make sure that you were happy with the meal. Talking to Angel made me and my family think that I known him for a long time as that is the personality he has. Like I said he is caring person and even my 6 year old daughter when we booked out of hotel said that she wanted to say bye to Angel, i told her that is was 6am and that Angel was not at work as Tangerine bar and grill was closed. Our family Angel will like to thank you for being very polite and for the excellent service you provided at the Tangerine. Honestly I feel that a person like Angel should be moved to front office, perhaps management as a person like his character for your hotel will make your hotel exceed instead of having bad reviews. If Angel were in Vancouver, British Columbia I would hire him in a heartbeat for my company that I own.All people out there , if your planning not to sleep alot and dont care how your hotel facilities work like then this hotel is for you. If you care about your sleep and relaxation stay away. If you want to get ripped off by hairstylyst salon at the hotel and like to throw away your money then go see the hairstylist as both those women there will swindle your money away from you, heck they will even figure out the tip that is required for you, you will not need a bookeeper or an accountant. If you want good resturant service and a good meal go to the Tangerine Resturant and say hi to Angel for us.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

The service, the rooms, the amenities, the restaurant, etc. were all top notch. I worked with the concierge/Guest Service Manager to plan a day trip to Santa Barbara and I couldn't have been more pleased!! I would say my overall experience with the Anabella Hotel was excellent and I would definitely stay here again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

This was our 5th trip to Disney Land and we have tried many hotels in the area. We are happy to say that we have finally found our spot! The Anabella was a beautiful property that was close to Disney as well as very accommodating and the staff was amazing. The rooms where clean and quite which made our stay there relaxing and comforting. We will would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to find a perfect place to stay!

Gold Canyon, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We had a "two bedroom suite". Ha Ha! The second bedroom was a closet. The room was very noisy and uncomfortable. As far as eating in the restaurant, plan on waiting for a table at least one hour and then an additional hour to be serviced. Keep in mind that was with three tables of people in the restaurant - imagine if they were actually busy. Also, the to-go restaurant service was also very lacking. I wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone nor would I stay here again.
For the price the accommidations were horrible!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your room during your stay. The Anabella Hotel has 14 different room types to accommodate any family, I would like to assure you that we are doing everything that we can to change this for all. We as a hotel never like to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. I would like for you to contact me so that I my try to show you how great the Anabella Hotel really is. I am looking forward to speaking with you and making you part of the Anabella family.

Adrian Gonzalez
Salem, Oregon, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Several items were stolen from our room during our week-long stay here. A shopping bag with a brand new pair of shoes was taken, and so was all my wife's jewelry. The hotel did nothing to assist in returning the jewelry.

The safe in the room was broken.

Very disappointing experience.

Cranbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

From the guy who opens the door and greets you, to the guy who checks you out, and really does hope you come back again this hotel staff gets it right. Then there's the clean, big room, the fabulous bedding, the tropical like grounds, and the great location. I've stayed here and done Disneyland, which is five minutes away and I've come to relax, both experiences are great. The restaurant on site, Tangerine Grill has great food, and the outdoor bar is really fun. I've watched the staff interact with guests, and the are right on. We really had had great service in particular from front desk men Alvin and Adrian. They can answer any question you have, even how to get to the new Whole Foods! As a business owner I understand how important great staff is!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!