“Perfect room, for a perfect weekend!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Perfect room, for a perfect weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

This was our 5th trip to Disney Land and we have tried many hotels in the area. We are happy to say that we have finally found our spot! The Anabella was a beautiful property that was close to Disney as well as very accommodating and the staff was amazing. The rooms where clean and quite which made our stay there relaxing and comforting. We will would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to find a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gold Canyon, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We had a "two bedroom suite". Ha Ha! The second bedroom was a closet. The room was very noisy and uncomfortable. As far as eating in the restaurant, plan on waiting for a table at least one hour and then an additional hour to be serviced. Keep in mind that was with three tables of people in the restaurant - imagine if they were actually busy. Also, the to-go restaurant service was also very lacking. I wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone nor would I stay here again.
For the price the accommidations were horrible!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Anabella, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your room during your stay. The Anabella Hotel has 14 different room types to accommodate any family, I would like to assure you that we are doing everything that we can to change this for all. We as a hotel never like to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. I would like for you to contact me so that I my try to show you how great the Anabella Hotel really is. I am looking forward to speaking with you and making you part of the Anabella family.

Adrian Gonzalez
Salem, Oregon, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Several items were stolen from our room during our week-long stay here. A shopping bag with a brand new pair of shoes was taken, and so was all my wife's jewelry. The hotel did nothing to assist in returning the jewelry.

The safe in the room was broken.

Very disappointing experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Cranbrook
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

From the guy who opens the door and greets you, to the guy who checks you out, and really does hope you come back again this hotel staff gets it right. Then there's the clean, big room, the fabulous bedding, the tropical like grounds, and the great location. I've stayed here and done Disneyland, which is five minutes away and I've come to relax, both experiences are great. The restaurant on site, Tangerine Grill has great food, and the outdoor bar is really fun. I've watched the staff interact with guests, and the are right on. We really had had great service in particular from front desk men Alvin and Adrian. They can answer any question you have, even how to get to the new Whole Foods! As a business owner I understand how important great staff is!

Menifee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I appreciate the kind things that happened during our stay here at the Anabella hotel this trip. My wife and I are Elite Marriott members and always end up staying at the Anaheim Marriott here when we come to visit Disneyland and we wanted to try something different this time, so we booked our reservation with you. When we got here, the front desk staff was great, Cory was the agent that checked us in and he was informative and answered all our questions about the hotel and made us feel at home. I have had a few surgeries in the last few months and when I got to the room to put the bags in, I started to move them in and I got exhausted. My wife called the front desk and the front desk manager David got on the line and he said to just wait in the room and not move any more bags in, that he would move us to the first floor and he came right away. He was adamant that I shouldn’t help him with the bags, he saw I was a little tired and it is hard being a healthy person all your life to admit that you are not one hundred percent. He put us in the room on the first floor and he brought all the bags in himself, that meant so much to my wife and me, he just was a kind person, not judgmental, he just wanted us to be happy and not worry about a thing. I travel all the time and being an elite member with Marriott brings extra attention but nothing like the service and kindness that your staff showed to my wife and myself, it was way above the call of duty and for that, it will make us loyal customers of your property for many years to come.

Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I travel to Disneyland from Montana 4 - 6 times a year. I NEVER stay anywhere but the Anabella. On this last visit February 2011 I was greeted with hugs. When I came back to my room on Saturday night I found a lovely bouqet of flowers in my room from dear Yesenia and the manager.
My room is always clean and beautiful. The staff couldn't be better. They are careing and thoughtful. I always come with my daughter and two grandchildren who are 4 and 6. The rooms are very spacious so we never feel cramped. The beds...heaven. The bathrooms are huge and then outside of the bath is a very long granite vanity that is very well lit. That is almost non existant in hotels being well lit I mean.
I hesitate to give such a good rating because it may mean there will be "no room at the inn" for me when I want to go and visit.
One very big tip. I advise that you walk to Disneyland. Waiting for the shuttle takes so long. I walked to the park and came back because I forgot my pass and the same people were still sitting waiting for the bus I had passed on my trip to the park. They were still there when I went by again. It's only a 10 minute walk through a lovely well lit path with flowers in bloom. 15 if you have slow walkers. You cut through the Grand California Hotel and end up in Downtown Disney.
On my departure I was again given hugs from many of the staff and told to write and that they would write back. How many guests at other hotels can say this. The Anabella is truly a gift that keeps on giving to me and my family.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

The Anabella Hotel is very nice place to stay for your Disneyland vacation. Rooms were clean and the staff was extremely friendly. Its an easy walk to Disneyland and Downtown Disney. I recommend this place. Very nice place for the value and the location. Looking forward to stay here again, next year!

• Stayed March 2011

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!