“The Staff Treat me Like Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

Save Saved
You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Deal
$10.00 voucher per day
Ranked #44 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Bozeman, Montana
“The Staff Treat me Like Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I travel to Disneyland from Montana 4 - 6 times a year. I NEVER stay anywhere but the Anabella. On this last visit February 2011 I was greeted with hugs. When I came back to my room on Saturday night I found a lovely bouqet of flowers in my room from dear Yesenia and the manager.
My room is always clean and beautiful. The staff couldn't be better. They are careing and thoughtful. I always come with my daughter and two grandchildren who are 4 and 6. The rooms are very spacious so we never feel cramped. The beds...heaven. The bathrooms are huge and then outside of the bath is a very long granite vanity that is very well lit. That is almost non existant in hotels being well lit I mean.
I hesitate to give such a good rating because it may mean there will be "no room at the inn" for me when I want to go and visit.
One very big tip. I advise that you walk to Disneyland. Waiting for the shuttle takes so long. I walked to the park and came back because I forgot my pass and the same people were still sitting waiting for the bus I had passed on my trip to the park. They were still there when I went by again. It's only a 10 minute walk through a lovely well lit path with flowers in bloom. 15 if you have slow walkers. You cut through the Grand California Hotel and end up in Downtown Disney.
On my departure I was again given hugs from many of the staff and told to write and that they would write back. How many guests at other hotels can say this. The Anabella is truly a gift that keeps on giving to me and my family.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

The Anabella Hotel is very nice place to stay for your Disneyland vacation. Rooms were clean and the staff was extremely friendly. Its an easy walk to Disneyland and Downtown Disney. I recommend this place. Very nice place for the value and the location. Looking forward to stay here again, next year!

• Stayed March 2011
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I booked a room from 3/14-3/18 online, and got a confirmation email saying my total was $702.64 with tax. They took a down payment of $198.70. I had surgery on 3/8 and didn't think I was up for the trip so called on 3/12 asking if I could cancel but was told it was less than the 72 hour notice and our down payment would be forfeited if we canceled. When we checked in on Monday they ran my CC and told me It was declined, I asked how much they were charging and she said they charge an extra 30% for incidentals. I ended up canceling Friday night so that my CC would go through. There's a $10 for parking and $2 resort fee for each day, but again we were counting on this. Our hotel stay included breakfast for 2, which we found out later equaled $14 towards breakfast. The first morning it was a pretty long wait for breakfast so the next two mornings we ordered room service. Both days our breakfast was messed up and we had to call and get it corrected. For instance the first day I ordered no potatoes extra fruit and I got all potatoes, the 2nd day I order eggs and french toast but didn't get the french toast. Our total ended up being about $18-22 each day before the $14/credit was supposed to be applied. For room service charge was $3.50 fee plus 18% gratuity, which we didn't mind paying. Wh didn't have any other 'incidentals'. When we checked out they billed us $684. I questioned the bill but we were just blown off and said it was just detailed and everything was the same as we were told before. The room was nice, hard wood floors, the beds were comfy but we couldn't get the tv to work. The rooms were very noisy, we had a neighbor that was cussing at his wife and kids next door and we could hear every word. The walk was longer than we are used to, since previously we had stayed at the Disneyland or Hojo, but we cut through the grand as suggested. On Friday, we moved to the Howard Johnson, they ran out of standards rooms so they upgraded us to the King Suite and the total was only $144 with taxes.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My family and I travel to Disneyland and at least 10 times a year, we have always stayed at the Grand Californian near Disney but read the Trip Advisor Reviews on the Anabella online and decided to try it out. Needless to say the staff and service was impecciable and I am someone who frequently stays at the Four Seasons. The staff is always smiling, always greeting, and goes over and above. The Concierge Manager, (tall man, glasses?) was so pleasant and funny while we planned our day trip. The Manager personally thanked me at check out. They have made me a regular! The rooms were nice, parking was an issue however and there was a bit of long wait for room service but overall perfect. The gounds where just as beautiful as Disneylands properties! Bravo Anabella. One more note a maid was kind enough help my tie his shoes, just a great stay and staff. See you all next month!

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I recently stayed at the Anabella with a friend. I was quite impressed by the excellent triple A rate we found on the Anabella’s website. I was immediately impressed by the lobby…it was very nice. The girl who checked us in was friendly. The room was nice. We were in the back West corner of the property. The walls were pretty thin so we could hear our neighbors and the parking lot but overall we were pretty impressed by the room given the rate we paid. One negative was the sink in our bathroom would not drain…but housekeeping took care of it while we were at Disneyland. The property has a Spanish style charm to it. Walking past the pool, it looked very nice. The property was energy efficient, so the lights and air conditioning turned off during the day if the key card wasn’t activating the room. Being energy conscience, my friend and I liked this feature. Overall, the Anabella was a great place for the price we paid to be so close to the park!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Jackson, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed at the Anabella with my son to celebrate his 8th birthday. The rooms were great, the location was great, the restaurant and bar were great. The customer service was some of the worst I've encountered in the hotel business. I needed to cancel a shuttle and schedule a later one. This was done by the concierge. The reservation was never made though and we spent hours the evening of my son's birthday trying to figure out who 'dropped the ball'. Dave, the manager on duty for the evening in question, was useless in trying to help us out. He basically accused me of fabricating the reservation and then went and hid. Lame and inexcusable!

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

The rooms are very chique and upscale..Beautiful pool, very friendly and accommodating staff..Great place to travel with your family or for business..Disneyland is across the street and you have a great view of the fireworks..This is truly a 5 star hotel..Will stay here again for sure..--Thanks for a great trip Annabella Hotel..Sincerely, Courtney Jackson

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!