“I will never stay anywhere in Anaheim then here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
San Francisco, California
“I will never stay anywhere in Anaheim then here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

My family and I travel to Disneyland and at least 10 times a year, we have always stayed at the Grand Californian near Disney but read the Trip Advisor Reviews on the Anabella online and decided to try it out. Needless to say the staff and service was impecciable and I am someone who frequently stays at the Four Seasons. The staff is always smiling, always greeting, and goes over and above. The Concierge Manager, (tall man, glasses?) was so pleasant and funny while we planned our day trip. The Manager personally thanked me at check out. They have made me a regular! The rooms were nice, parking was an issue however and there was a bit of long wait for room service but overall perfect. The gounds where just as beautiful as Disneylands properties! Bravo Anabella. One more note a maid was kind enough help my tie his shoes, just a great stay and staff. See you all next month!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I recently stayed at the Anabella with a friend. I was quite impressed by the excellent triple A rate we found on the Anabella’s website. I was immediately impressed by the lobby…it was very nice. The girl who checked us in was friendly. The room was nice. We were in the back West corner of the property. The walls were pretty thin so we could hear our neighbors and the parking lot but overall we were pretty impressed by the room given the rate we paid. One negative was the sink in our bathroom would not drain…but housekeeping took care of it while we were at Disneyland. The property has a Spanish style charm to it. Walking past the pool, it looked very nice. The property was energy efficient, so the lights and air conditioning turned off during the day if the key card wasn’t activating the room. Being energy conscience, my friend and I liked this feature. Overall, the Anabella was a great place for the price we paid to be so close to the park!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Jackson, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I stayed at the Anabella with my son to celebrate his 8th birthday. The rooms were great, the location was great, the restaurant and bar were great. The customer service was some of the worst I've encountered in the hotel business. I needed to cancel a shuttle and schedule a later one. This was done by the concierge. The reservation was never made though and we spent hours the evening of my son's birthday trying to figure out who 'dropped the ball'. Dave, the manager on duty for the evening in question, was useless in trying to help us out. He basically accused me of fabricating the reservation and then went and hid. Lame and inexcusable!

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

The rooms are very chique and upscale..Beautiful pool, very friendly and accommodating staff..Great place to travel with your family or for business..Disneyland is across the street and you have a great view of the fireworks..This is truly a 5 star hotel..Will stay here again for sure..--Thanks for a great trip Annabella Hotel..Sincerely, Courtney Jackson

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for; clean, great sized open rooms, relaxing atmosphere, and a great value. The staff was inviting and seemed genuinely happy that you were there to stay with them. Every time we went to the lobby and asked the front desk or Concierges for information or directions, we were greeted with friendly staff, accurate information, and maps. Parking right outside the room was a plus for us, making quick trips convenient, but with the location in a quick walking distance to Disney, food, etc we didn’t need to use the car much. I would stay here again without hesitation and would recommend this to my friends and family! I cannot say enough about the staff, everyone we encountered was pleasant, willing to help, smiling, and really seamed to anticipate our needs!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Ok so my family goes to Disney very often, I always used to stay right across the street because it was convenient. This time we decided to stay at a 'better' hotel and pay for the shuttle to takes us everywhere thinking we would probably get a better deal.
I was recommended this hotel by two travel agencies so I was very sure it would be just wonderful, plus on the disneyland.com website it shows they have complimentary access to WIFI and breakfast for two included, and they describe themselves as a three star 'resort' ok well this is by no means accurate, yes the concierge room (which is obviously way more expensive) does have free wifi and free breakfast for two so that is a bit misleading, now the pool is a nice pool next to a restaurant that has poolside service and a bar which is really nice BUT all the rooms face the parking lot, which I'm sure is not on your mind when you book a 'resort' that was not good, they gave me a room that had a ripped carpet plus stains all over the place, I called to complain immediately and they 'upgraded' me to a better room. Yes the room was better because it was much bigger, it was on the third floor so we had sort of a nice view t the back of disney california advnenture plus and the floors where hardwood, but that is about it, there was no microwave, no tasteful decor, only two small chairs and lots of room but it was in my opinion just an average room without the filthy carpet.
location was ok but a bit far behind the parks and shuttle here runs every 25 to 30 minutes versus 20 minutes for all other hotels. The staff was very professional but by no means charming, the small store is run by a grouchy man and is extremely over priced so try to avoid it. Overall I'm sure that for what Anabella charges (cost me an average of $150 more to book with them than another *** hotel) I think you can find much much better. Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manage at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, I would like to apologize for placing you in a room with torn carpet. This is not the way that we like to treat our guest, we as a hotel like to be family oriented, we love to cater to all. I would love for you to contact myself as soon as possible so that I can take care of you. We as a hotel never like to see any guest leave unhappy with their stay.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Adrian Gonzalez
Orinda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed 4 days to tend to 4.5 month old granddaughter. Accommodations were excellent. Staff friendly, helpful, well-trained, and made our stay better than expected. Wish I'd have saved the names of staff who helped us - there were many. Tangerine Restaurant served up good food at fair prices with excellent service. Grounds well-groomed and inviting. Two pools, fitness and off site spa. 10 - 15 minutes from Disneyland.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!