“Clean, comfortable, friendly, can't wait to return!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Anabella

You added The Anabella to your Saves list
The Anabella
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 W. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Anabella Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Clean, comfortable, friendly, can't wait to return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for; clean, great sized open rooms, relaxing atmosphere, and a great value. The staff was inviting and seemed genuinely happy that you were there to stay with them. Every time we went to the lobby and asked the front desk or Concierges for information or directions, we were greeted with friendly staff, accurate information, and maps. Parking right outside the room was a plus for us, making quick trips convenient, but with the location in a quick walking distance to Disney, food, etc we didn’t need to use the car much. I would stay here again without hesitation and would recommend this to my friends and family! I cannot say enough about the staff, everyone we encountered was pleasant, willing to help, smiling, and really seamed to anticipate our needs!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Ok so my family goes to Disney very often, I always used to stay right across the street because it was convenient. This time we decided to stay at a 'better' hotel and pay for the shuttle to takes us everywhere thinking we would probably get a better deal.
I was recommended this hotel by two travel agencies so I was very sure it would be just wonderful, plus on the disneyland.com website it shows they have complimentary access to WIFI and breakfast for two included, and they describe themselves as a three star 'resort' ok well this is by no means accurate, yes the concierge room (which is obviously way more expensive) does have free wifi and free breakfast for two so that is a bit misleading, now the pool is a nice pool next to a restaurant that has poolside service and a bar which is really nice BUT all the rooms face the parking lot, which I'm sure is not on your mind when you book a 'resort' that was not good, they gave me a room that had a ripped carpet plus stains all over the place, I called to complain immediately and they 'upgraded' me to a better room. Yes the room was better because it was much bigger, it was on the third floor so we had sort of a nice view t the back of disney california advnenture plus and the floors where hardwood, but that is about it, there was no microwave, no tasteful decor, only two small chairs and lots of room but it was in my opinion just an average room without the filthy carpet.
location was ok but a bit far behind the parks and shuttle here runs every 25 to 30 minutes versus 20 minutes for all other hotels. The staff was very professional but by no means charming, the small store is run by a grouchy man and is extremely over priced so try to avoid it. Overall I'm sure that for what Anabella charges (cost me an average of $150 more to book with them than another *** hotel) I think you can find much much better. Very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
AdrianGonzalez, Assistant Front Office Manage at The Anabella, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, I would like to apologize for placing you in a room with torn carpet. This is not the way that we like to treat our guest, we as a hotel like to be family oriented, we love to cater to all. I would love for you to contact myself as soon as possible so that I can take care of you. We as a hotel never like to see any guest leave unhappy with their stay.

Assistant Front Office Manager
Adrian Gonzalez
Orinda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Stayed 4 days to tend to 4.5 month old granddaughter. Accommodations were excellent. Staff friendly, helpful, well-trained, and made our stay better than expected. Wish I'd have saved the names of staff who helped us - there were many. Tangerine Restaurant served up good food at fair prices with excellent service. Grounds well-groomed and inviting. Two pools, fitness and off site spa. 10 - 15 minutes from Disneyland.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Great Rooms
Great Location
Great Service
Fantastic Happy Hour
Our only choice when visiting Disneyland

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Purpose of our trip was cheerleading competition at the Convention Center and Disneyland. The Anabella was a perfect location for both. Rooms were spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Pool and grounds were awesome. Tangerine Grill was outstanding both in food and service. Will definately staff there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

When I first arrived at the hotel it looked very nice but they wanted 100 dollar deposit the deposit isin't what I had a problem with though they were going to immediately charge to my card as {if} I was going to trash the room already labeling me as someone who would do such a thing! I have to very young children that were already asleep..So I had to go find a bank being out of town it took a whie after we gave the deposit and got to our room I felt immediately the need to inspect the room ourselves so we wouldn't be charged for anythng that was already done (I even took pictures) this is how bad they made us feel. The beds were really uncomfortable and the blinds did not shut all the way and they had no trash cans in the room but one tiny one. The next day my husband was returning the keys they informed him it would take 15 minutes while they went to inspect the room so we could recieve our deposit back customers looked at us like we did something to their room. Overall this was an absolute horrible expierence....

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank for writing a review, I am very sorry that you felt this way thwarts us the hotel. I can promise you that no employe would do this deliberately, we are all here to awnser any questions any one has, as well as to make sure that everyone has a good time. I would like for you to contact myself so that I change your mind about the hotel. Please excepted my deepest apology.

I am looking forward to our conversation

Assistant Front Office Manager
Adrian Gonzalez
Tulare, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have to say I've stayed at the Anabella twice now in the past 5 years. The 1st trip was before our daughter was born. We stayed in the Casita Suite and they were in the middle of upgrades at that time. What a difference from then to now. We stayed this time with our now 4 year old daughter in the Casita Suite as well. It was nicely upgraded from the first visit. Very comfortable beds and comforters. I loved that my daughter had her own little room off to the side of us with a day bed and her own flat screen tv hung on the wall. The bathroom and counter space was nice for all our things. The room is a little small, but perfect size for a family of 3 or 4. I had a few things I didn't like though, there was mold on a shelf where a phone sat in my daughters room. You could tell they cleaned it with bleach and painted over it, but it was starting to resurface again. They put two bottles of water on the desk and little tag over it saying $3.00 per bottle, which I thought was ridiculous since it was just your standard Arrowhead bottled water. My daughter opened one before we realized it was gonna cost us $3.00 bucks. Those are really the only negative comments though. We had extremely noisy upstairs neighbors one night we were there. It was like they were jumping around and falling. We stayed during the cheer nationals so I figured it was cheerleaders practicing, but at 1:30 in the morning?? So we called the front desk to ask them to quiet down since my daughters sleep was being disturbed from the loud bangs. The security came to our room and told us someone complained on us?! LOL! So my husband said "no, it was us who called to ask that you ask the upstairs room to please be quiet and not bang on the floor!" So he did and it was quiet from then on. They did charge us $100.00 over our room price because we used a debit card which was a pain, but not a big problem. They were really nice when I asked them about it. All the staff is really nice and helpful. I enjoy this hotel and will stay again. With every hotel you have issues, but this hotel seems to be smooth sailing for the most part! It is extremely close to Disneyland, about a 15 minute walk. Easy for adults and teenagers, but kinda long for a young child so make sure you bring a stroller or ride the express bus, which will cost anywhere from $2 to $5 bucks.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Anabella? Share your experiences!