“I never stay this hotel!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center

You added Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2145 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly The Vagabond Executive Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #97 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Irving, Texas
“I never stay this hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

First of all, I had cancelled first reservation from Venera. But the hotelman said not has been cancelled and charged me 2rooms.However, I had gotten cancellation mail from Venera exactly. Although I showed him the mail, he did not any apology to me. I tried ask another woman, but she was unkind and she did not care about my explanation. In addtion, she did not try to see my mail. Also I have not paid me back.This is really bad. I was disappointed and made me so angry.I never use this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have never had such a bad experience with a hotel. I reserved 2 rooms and they overbooked the hotel so that there was one room left on the day I was to arrive. They conveniently called to tell me hours before check-in that there was only one room for me. The person I talked to proceeded to make it seem like my fault because my reservation for 2 rooms was "confusing." Although they found another room for me at another hotel (therefore splitting my family on our family vacation) they still charged me for the 2 rooms that I booked at the Rodeway Inn. The man I dealt with asked me, "What is the problem now?" when I called about getting a refund for the room that I did not stay in, as if I was some demanding customer who could not be pleased. The room was disgusting, smelled of smoke, had stains on the towels and carpets, and the shampoo and conditioner provided were half empty. After the whole ordeal, I didn't even get an apology. Please, for your own sanity, safety, and cleanliness, go to another hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would be better.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

There were repeated crickets entering our room(through the sink somehow??) both nights. They kept us awake both nights. No hot water at all. The room smelled dirty and like some kind of strange smell, maybe pesticide. Not worth the money to stay somewhere dirty, smelly, and void of all comfort. I like a good deal, but I would much rather pay 50$ more a night for cleanliness and hot water.

• Stayed October 2013
Guaiba, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

That's a good option for anyone who goes to Disney. You won't spend money on transportation because Disney is a short walk from the hotel, with a nice viewing as well! You will find a friendly and helpful staff to answer for any questions you might have about your stay.
Nice breakfast,.although there is not much space or tables for many people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The room we were given was very clean. The bed however was VERY FIRM. I want not comfortable with that bed but the rest of party enjoyed it so to each his own. The staff was friendly too. We picked this hotel as we had meeting around the corner so the location was great for what we needed. We got a special deal on this on hotels dot com too, however if they charged the full rate we would have been little disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

There was plastic covering the fire alarm, big saftey issue. Room looked clean initially, but found a dried bar of soap stuck to the side of the tub and the floors left dirt on the bottom of our feet and socks. Bathroom smelled of mildew after the first shower. Woke up in the middle of the night to find COCKROACHES!!! I took pictures of these! By morning the floor was wet all around the A/C unit in the room. When I went to complain and check out, the staff was very offensive about the situation. They were not helpful at all and told me that I should have complained to them in the middle of the night when I first found the cockroaches so they could have come and inspected the room despite the fact that I had small sleeping children that had been traveling all day. Because I didn't call them in the middle of the night they refused to issue me a refund. We checked out and found another motel to stay in! Were suppose to stay 6 nights, but one was too much! NEVER STAYING THERE AGAIN! This place was disgusting and I would never stay or recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gilroy, California, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I needed a hotel to stay at for a one night stay. I have stayed at other properties in this chain and had good experiences. While the staff was very friendly the room itself had a lot to be desired. The beds are incredibly uncomfortable and the pillows were either thick and rock hard or incredibly thin. The bathroom was full of gnats. The bathtub had more than a few that were dead and I had to rinse it out on multiple occasions. The water temperature for the shower never got above lukewarm (after letting it run for a few minutes to see if it would get at least warm!). The towels had visible stains as well. Overall I would not stay at this property again unless they put considerable time and effort into making it livable for its guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center? Share your experiences!