“We LOVED our stay!!!” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim Disneyland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1752 Clementine St, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #52 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

Based upon personal experience from a recent stay, as well as the unfavourable reviews of others, I would strongly discourage anyone from booking this hotel. We had booked a "family suite" for 4 days, but checked out after the first night. It is clear that this hotel has seen better days; lots of hard wear and tear, and appearant lack of maintenance, has resulted in an undesirable, rundown hotel. Aside from the poor physical condition of the rooms, the desk staff was poorly trained and unable to handle even the most simple and mundane request. There are less expensive choices available within close proximity to the Disney parks, so don't settle for substandard--check out your options carefully! This hotel is not worthy of the La Quinta chain's name.

• Stayed February 2005
Pleasant Hill, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2005

My husband, 5.5 yr old son, brother and I stayed in a room with 2 dbl beds for 4 nights in February, 2005. We had reserved a King suite and we had called a day in advance to make sure that is what we were getting and were assured everything was in order. When we arrived, they could only give us the dbl bed suite - which was ok even tho it wasn't what was asked for.

Problems: The first night the door keys would not work tho we had tried all 3 of them. Twice we went downstairs to get keys that would work and finally the handyman opened the room for us and said he would need to work on the lock itself and would do so the next day at 9 am. He never showed up. We told the front desk and asked that they fix the problem by the time we get back. When we got back only one of the 3 keys would work. The TV in the main bedroom didn't have as many channels as the tv in the other room. The bathroom has no ventilation. Then the toilet overflowed into the other room and we requested another room which they gave us.

We found the front desk staff to be very pleasant and at all times attempted to correct the situations we reported. The continental breakfast was OK - bland cereals, dry muffins, apple and orange juice from concentrate - if you get there too early water only comes out - you have to hold it down for awhile to get the juice to appear . Parking is ample. We were able to walk to Disney with ease on the first 2 days but by the 3rd day the 10 minute walk was grueling especially coming back to the hotel. We were informed there is no free shuttle. $10 minimum for the 4 of us.

It has not been maintained. As we were 3 adults on a budget the extra room was important but not very private as my brother could not watch tv or play music while we slept. We will stay somewhere else next time we visit Disneyland.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2005

My husband, 2 yr old son, and I stayed in a room with 2 dbl beds for 5 nights in January, 2005. We had reserved a King room with a crib. We called a week in advance to make sure that is what we were getting and were assured everything was in order. When we arrived, the reservation was still wrong. The "crib" was a port-a-crib (playpen) so we just used our own that we brought with us.

Problems in room: The Wardrobe doors were falling off, the towel rack by the shower could be easily lifted off its hinges and the TV in the bedroom didn't work. Mid-way through our stay, the hotel staff removed a lamp and a chair from our sitting area but didn't leave a note telling us why or replace them. How odd! They were just gone when we returned to our room one night. The temperature of our room would not cool down any further than 74'F so it was quite warm for sleeping and getting ready after a shower. Our friends in the room next to us had the same problem with their thermostat.

We found the front desk staff to be very pleasant and at all times attempted to correct the situations we reported. The continental breakfast was OK. Parking is ample. We were able to walk to Disney and DCA with ease.

This hotel is ~16 yrs old and has been lived in hard. It desperately needs a complete makeover. It has not been properly maintained with love and care that would invite guests to return for another stay. While the conditions didn't ruin our stay, we will stay somewhere else next time we visit Disneyland.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2005

I read the "less than great" reveiws AFTER booking with this "hotel". I was nervous to say the least! I just just retured from a 6 night stay and all I can say is I can fully relate to all the complaints from other guests...and I have a few new ones of my own! SHEESH! The first two days of our stay our room was not cleaned AT ALL! (only used towels were picked up). We had to call front desk for toiletpaper! One day the jacuzzi was so hot I swear I had third degree burns on my legs. (I called front desk AGAIN if only to prevent a child from getting burned)! The next day when I went back to the jacuzzi to try again it was ice cold and being "worked on" by "maintenece",(I use that term loosley) Had to call the front desk for pool towels, which they state are supplied!. The only face cloth I saw was on the day we checked in, by this point I decided not to bother complaining, or I would be on the phone all day!! Also .....and hear is the kicker... upon checking out , we were told we ordered two "blue" movies, (they wrote down the titles) at 1:30 in the morning. (I was vacationing with my father, and we were never even up past 10:30 at night) No movie was EVER ordered, (my father cannot even work the internet let alone order a movie!) The front desk was hostle and rude concerning this embarassing situation.

All in all, I find La Quinta to be undersatffed, unmaintained, and UNSAFE!

• Stayed January 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2005

as a 2.5 star hotel, La Quinta offers a pretty descent atmosphere for families of 5 or more... Although i have to agree with other reviewers that the staffs there are a little poorly trained, confused and ignorant, but we just looked at them as a joke. What can u expect for the price they offer? WE were happy the whole time we stayed there because the room was spacious and clean.