“La Quinta Disneyland” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Congress, Arizona, United States
“La Quinta Disneyland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a great hotel within walking distance to Disneyland. It is easy to access by automobile. There are some real good restaurants close by like PF Changs & The Cheesecake Factory

The front elevator was broken during our stay but they have 2 elevators. We have stay at this location at least 5 times since 2006

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

First, central reservations assured me that the room I was booking would have two beds, a pull out couch, and a set of bunk beds. I asked and tripled checked before finalizing my reservations that all the above would be in our room and the gentleman reassured and confirmed that yes all the above would be in our room I was booking. I am thankful I called prior to arriving to make sure our room was ready an confirm sleeping arrangements. I was told there was not a pull out sofa in our room. So I had to book a second room to accommodate my large military family. However, la quinta agreed to wave most of the cost for the second room and for that I am very grateful!

Secondly, the walls are very thin in this hotel. You can hear everything! I just spent the night at a hotel traveling across the country on military orders by the nashville airport and I didn't hear one plane all night considering how many flew over our room and the hotel being located right by interstate 40.

Third, 3 out of the 4 nights we stayed at this hotel a couple and a few individuals staying in a room next to ours violently and physically fought 3 nights in a row for more than an hour outside of our room. The two men had been physically beating a lady and the hotel staff when my spouse and I reported it to the front desk did nothing. I was scared to leave my room or step out in the hallway in fear of the individuals possibly having weapons or guns. We had small children with us and I felt very uneasy about the circumstances. Hotel staff could have cared less. Not cool at all!

The sink outside the bathroom was interesting. I didn't care for that at all.

The windows are 1 paned windows! Not safe at all for families with children! Not cool at all La Quinta! Especially if your staying on a second or higher level floor.

The elevators were all broken down. I like taking the steps for the extra exercise however for those with small children and who are in need of special wheel chair accessibility this was not a good thing.

I am pleased with the location in relation to the parks in the area. The beds were very comfortable. And the place was clean. Breakfast was pretty good minus the awful tasting syrup. Ick! Coffee wasn't all that great either but the rest of the breakfast was pretty good.

I'm not certain I'd revisit this la quinta again after investing 4 nights in this place and experiencing what I experienced at this place. Granted that the doors are locked in this place all over the hotel it does you no good when your locked in with the dangerous and scary!

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very clean, spacious and comfortable. For families kids they offer "family rooms" which have a bedroom with bunkbeds for the kids! Great for privacy of adults.. love it! Walking distance to front entrance of Disneyland also.. great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a nice little hotel, great price and within walking distance to Disneyland. Hotel is pet friendly so if you don't like dogs would not recommend this place. Room did have a slight smell, but I always bring air freshener with me and that cleared it right up. Comfortably slept 7 in a suite for less than $350 for 4 nights. Parking is free, but limited and breakfast is even more limitied, carb overload. Better hotel that I have stayed at for this price, and with the price of Disneyland for 7 you take your savings where you can get them and this one is a great one. Stay here every year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pasadena, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed in a King Suite. There was a lot of room. Sink was outside the bathroom, which I didn't care for. They do allow all dogs sight unseen. I brought my small well-behaved dog and her crate. I'm incredibly grossed out by photos posted of large dogs on the hotel's bedding--how can anyone be so self-absorbed and inconsiderate??
Anyway found staff to be really apathetic and unorganized. Wouldn't allow me to check in an hour early, and wouldn't call me to let me know when my room was ready. When I returned an hour later she assigned me a room on the 4th floor, I aked her "You want my dog to stay on the 4th floor?" She immediately changed to a room on the second. When I lugged my substantial dog crate to this 2nd floor room, there were 2 people inside cleaning it, insisting that I had the wrong room. I showed them the key and they wouldn't let me in. One of them took my keys to go get me a new room and brought them back to me. I din't realize until later that he took my bus pass and never returned it. When I went down to ask about my bus pass, the gal laughed and said "I think we threw it away". In fact I didn't need it because Disney comped that weekend for the marathon, but I didn't know that at the time. The outdoor pool is practically underground--absolutely no sun will ever shine on it!! The breakfast is pathetic. Whole bunch of cheap carbs and some hard-boiled eggs. I suppose I might stay here again if the price were right because they accept dogs, but I could hear so many loud dogs through the paper thin walls. Housekeeping entered my room even with do not disturb sign on the door, and threw away some of my belongings, minor but really annoying. My previous experiences with La Quinta have been much better than this, not sure why the 2 OC locations I stayed at were awful. In fact the last time the manager comped my room because I had such a lousy time at Santa Ana location.

Room Tip: The whole setup with the outdoor elevator entrance next to the lobby is kind of unfriendly. Maybe th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Second trip to this hotel - they accept BIG dogs, no questions asked. Ours is very well behaved and sleeps a lot but hadn't been able to find many hotels which would take dogs, and then they were limited to 10 lbs. I've seen cats bigger than that. It is super close to Disney and you could probably walk it if adventureous although there are shuttles zipping up and down the street all day which I think run about $10. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast 2 of the 3 days I stayed. Hard boiled eggs, mini waffles, all kinds of bagels and breads, oatmeal with raisin and brown sugar, juices, coffee, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit. Pretty much everything the Embassy offers with the exception of scrambled eggs or made-to-order omelets but at a significantly reduced price. Unfortunately this time the room did not face the park so I had to go outside to watch the fireworks, but they could be seen from the front of the hotel. Parking was ample (this time of year?) so I had plenty of choices when arriving back at night. Didn't get to use the pool this time (too cold) but another guest said the water was nice and warm and there is a jacuzzi as well. Requested a room with 2 beds and pullout, hoping to get the same room as last time, but was given a gigantic room with foyer, livingroom, and two bedrooms with two bathrooms. Two coffee makers, microwave, mini fridge, ironing board, hair dryer, and an unending supply of clean towels - didn't have to ask for any extras this time and didn't use all we had. Seems to have improved from last spring break. Very pleasant, courteous desk staff. Will return.

Room Tip: 542 was huge for this size hotel and great for families because it was a split floor plan, each bedr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business