“Mixed bag averages out to average” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Mixed bag averages out to average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Let me start with a quick list of pros and cons, with greater detail provided following.

Pros:
Within walking distance to the Disneyland entrances
Is a stop on the ART shuttle route
Interior hallways provide feeling of security
The beds are comfortable with white clean linens
Complimentary Starbucks coffee grounds and two bottles of water per day

Cons:
At the upper end of comfortable walking distance to the Disneyland enterances
The ART shuttle service is slower than walking
Room to room noise level is very high
The toilet paper is one of the worst I've ever felt
The shampoo is one of the worst I've ever used

The pros are all quite good, and taken at that level the experience would have been excellent overall, but the list of cons continually brought the experience down.

The hotel is located around the limit of what I consider comfortable walking distance to the Disneyland parks. About 15 minutes of walking. That's really not too bad considering how much walking is done in the parks themselves, but that 15 minute walk to the park is annoying when you just want to be at Disneyland. So being part of the ART shuttle service sounds like it would be a great benefit for those lazy mornings. Not so, shuttles took about 20 - 30 minutes to show up at the shuttle stop, and as the first stop in the circuit, took another 10 minutes to get to the park. Walking, regularly beats the bus, even with a quick stop at 7-11 for cheap refreshments.

(TIP: Walking to Disney is worth it. You're refreshed in the morning, and the walk is not troublesome. Stopping at the 7-11 which is on the way and on the correct side of the road, is a great way to get cheap refreshments which Disney is fine letting you take into the park. Riding the ART after a long day at the park is much more convenient as the hotel is the first stop on the way back. Note that Route 6 takes you to the hotel, but Route 3 would take you to Convention Center which is the corner before the hotel and nearly the same walking distance to the rooms so you can take whichever shows up first.)

Parking isn't free (depending on your reservation package) but feels secure because of it. Just as the interior hallways with keyed building entry after hours feel much more secure to me and my family versus the majority of closer motels which have exterior hallways. But where that security to the outside world feels strong, the division between interior rooms feels weak. We could hear every conversation our neighbors had, and that at normal speaking levels. I can't blame them for talking about their park experiences in their own room, after Disneyland's midnight close, but it did wake me up.

The room accomodations were nice. The beds were clean and comfortable, the sheets were bleach white, and well made. The room had a refrigerator and coffee maker with complimentary Starbucks grounds, and most suprising was the free bottles of water. I can't remember the last time the water was complimentary, it was a nice touch. But where the bedroom was nicely kept, the bathroom was not. Not dirty, but not as pleasant of an experience. The toilet paper was truly terrible. I was suprised to find that it was actually 2-ply, and the complimentary shampoo was very bad. It did not lather, and left my hair feeling very dry.

(TIP: Bring some shampoo from home, maybe you'd be fine with the complimentary shampoo, but I honstly feel that it was bad enough for me to write about, it's better safe than sorry.)

Overall the experience was average, which means I can still recommend this hotel. I'm sure there are better places, but if this one has the pros you are looking for, and cons that you're not concerned about, you'd do well here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am a platinum starwood member and wonder why it seems that truely disappointing stays happen when I have my family with me. I have stayed at this hotel in the past for business & everything was satisfactory. It is not a new property... small bathrooms, slow elevators, wavey carpet... but I knew all that.

What I was not expecting was an overly crowded Starwood lounge that was regularly under stocked/staffed all week. I was REALLY not expecting to be understaffed as well. On a five night stay, the same dirty glasses sat in our room past three morning cleanings. The "turn down service" in the evening was:
- Night one, great.
- Night two, closed blinds and turned TV to the SPG commercials (not the relax station). They did not touch our beds and left my kids desperate for the chocolates. I called the front desk (concerned that it wasn't housekeeping in our room) and was told they verified it was. To compensate I was given a $50 card for food & beverage.
Night three, Zero, Zippo, nothing.
Night four, we were in the room and when I opened the door all the person said was "how many chocolates do you want?" - no offer of turn down.
Night five, Zero, Zippo, nothing.

To add insult to the process, I tried to apply the $50 credit to beverage that I charged to my room (from the lounge) and was told I could not.

Had the front desk asked my how my stay was when I check out, I would have told them - but they didn't.

North Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I would like to say this Sheraton was awesome! I arrived very late the night before I was to stay at the Sheraton. I stayed at a nearby hotel which I had to ckeck out of by 11:00 AM. I was going to ask the Sheraton to store my luggage for the day and I would check in later only to be suprised with my room was ready and I could check in. This was the BEST! I was given a room that faced the Disneyland resort and saw the fireworks every night. We were given a $100 goft card for food and drinks while ther and this paid for breakfast for 4 days. Parking was free and this was a bonus in our package. The staff was always helpful and friendly. The room was worn, but clean and comfortable. This hotel was a short walk to Disneyland about 7 minutes. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Face the Disneyland park.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort for your most recent visit to Disneyland. We appreciate your delightful comments and want to thank you for acknowledging our helpful and kind associates. In addition, we are very grateful for your remarks on our guestroom views, parking and the gift cards you received. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Disneyland!
Carpentersville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We almost didn't book this hotel based on some negative reviews. I'm glad we did, because we had no problems staying here. Our trip was 5 nights over Spring Break, and included Easter. The Disney Parks were packed and there was a comic/pop art convention next door so the hotel seemed completely booked, but I never felt it to be overcrowded by any means.

The front desk staff was attentive, friendly and quick. I never had a problem walking right up to the desk at any time of the day (or night).

All the rooms have a balcony. We were given one that faces away from Disney, and had a great view to the hills once some of the haze lifted in the mornings. The desk was sufficient. Two bottles of water in the room each day. It also has a well hidden fridge and a room safe, and a coffee maker. The coffee and tea packets that were used were replaced by housekeeping each day.

We timed the walk from the bus lot at Disney to the hotel door (since the walk back always feels harder than the walk to the park). 13 minutes with 2 stops for traffic lights. We had stayed at a hotel within a similar distance and chose not to get the A.R.T. passes knowing the walk isn't all that far (for us).

The deal on the room was through Disney as a Good Neighbor hotel. I'm not sure if these are included in other packages, but our deal included self-parking and a $25 a night resort food&beverage card ($125 for us loaded all at once). We used it for room service breakfast, breakfast at Molly's (one of the hotel restaurants) and for drinks and appetizers at the lobby bar while catching up with friends. The food was nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either, it was exactly as it was ordered and exactly what I expected. You should know, room service automatically adds gratuity to your bill, but it isn't covered by your food & beverage card and will show up as a room charge when you check out.

Internet is not included, but I have service off my smartphone, so it wasn't a factor for us in deciding on this hotel. but it is something to be aware of.

We did use the guest laundry, but did not take advantage of the pool.

A couple things to be aware of: We were near the elevators. You can hear them through your walls. It didn't bother us, but it might be the kind of thing that bothers you, so now you know.

Also, I read a couple times in the reviews that people didn't enjoy hearing the families in the hallway so early. Disney has Magic Mornings where they open their gates an hour early for guests with an early admission on their passes. During spring break, the parks regularly opened at 8am, which means the gates opened at 7am for these pass holders. Families looking to take advantage are probably up at 5:30am and headed to Molly's to eat as they open at 6am. We were never woken up by the early risers, but you should know they exist, and shouldn't be surprised by them so close to Disneyland.

We had a great time on this trip and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hillary B, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review and experience with us at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort. We are delighted to hear that our hardworking associates made your stay here and spring break enjoyable for you and your family. We appreciate your comments regarding the room amenities, transportation to and from the park, and glad to hear you took advantage of the guest laundry. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Disneyland!
New York City, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel what you would expect from a Sheraton branded hotel and is located on the ART bus route and is very convenient to Disney and not too far from Baseball and Hockey. Universal is a short drive, but have to time the traffic. The pool is small, but poolside bar service is offered and a surprising amount of people that are "Disney-ed out" are hanging out there. The computers in the lobby can hard to come by during peak hours.

Room Tip: To watch the daily fireworks and wonderful world of colors, High Floor Rooms facing Disneyland are b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton park Hotel at the Anaheim Resot on your most recent visit to Disneyland. We appreciate your recommendation of our hotel and for your detailed review of amenitites available here at the Sheraton Park. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed watching the fireworks from your room. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Disneyland!
Dexter, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were very happy with this hotel for our visit to disney. The staff was pleasant and the hotel was clean and well maintained. We ate at the lobby lounge and at Molly's, the food at both venues was good. I am a vegetarian, so I was happy with the limited, yet very delicious salad and portobello burger options. Also, I really enjoyed the egg white omelette at molly's. The hotel is 10 minutes or so walking distance to Disney and to the Garden Walk Mall - which has PF Chang's, Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza and McCormick Schmidt (I think that's the name :)). The only drawback was that the pool was COLD and the pool bar wasn't open during our stay, we would have really enjoyed to play and dine by the pool every day for lunch or dinner. There is a hot tub, but we really love being able to swim at the hotel pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces Disney and you can see the fireworks from your room!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I travelled here with my husband and two teens it was a great hotel the staff were great and the tour desk were so friendly and helpful.We received hotel money which we use to have breakfast in their restaurant which was lovely.They had a cash machine which was great. The rooms were a good size with a balcony,if you have a room overlooking the carpark you have a view of disneyland fireworks.The bathroom was modern and clean,the pool was heated and lovely.They had a coin laundry which was great.It was only a five to ten minute walk to Disneyland which was so convenient.Across the road was ihop which was a great place to eat with free wi fi.I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!