“nice touches” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Yuba City, California
“nice touches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

beautiful site. complimentary water, fridge and safe. comfortable bedding. We stayed there because it was the host of a conference. beautiful grounds. Unfortunately, I got ill and the hotel management was terrific. Offered to get a doctor to which I declined, but the housekeeping came and cleaned my room while I slept. I can't say enough. good food within walking distance although I did not partake because of illness. Quiet, quiet, quiet.

Room Tip: pool view was beautiful
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very appreciative of your comments regarding the beautiful public space, in room amenities and the Sheraton Sleeper bed and bedding. We are so sorry to hear that you were feeling under the weather while staying with us, but happy to know that our staff helped you feel comfortable in an overall uncomfortable situation. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

1,154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Kilgore, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I flew in from Texas for a conference at this hotel and while travel was quite complicated because of delays and other issues I was thoroughly pleased with the service I received here. Every member of the staff I came into contact with was amazing! My breakfast room service server was the same every day and was quite nice and helpful, even giving me detailed directions on my last morning there to avoid an accident I'd seen on the news.

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were staying in Anaheim for the Craft and Hobby Tradefair (CHA). We needed to be close to the convention center. I had lots of friends staying at The Marriott right next to the Center, but it was a little more expensive, so we decided to stay at The Sheraton.

We loved our room when we arrived. It was on the 8th floor and over looked the pool. The room was so big (We had a king room). We did have a problem though in that the room was very hot. It was 76F and we couldn't reduce the temp.
We called someone as we thought there was a fault. As it turns out the hotel either has the air con or he heating on. You can't have the choice and as the temp had dipped outside there was no air con available. (we were told it was due to the age on the hotel)
We were really unhappy with this as the room was baking. The solution we were given was to leave the balcony door open. Fine during the day if we were in but we weren't happy about this at night.
The manage on duty was pleasant and offered us free parking whilst we were there. Saving $16 a day. We did think about staying somewhere else though for the other 4 nights.
As it turned out it was fine, we had the doors open whilst we were ther and nights were fine too. The temp seemed to sort itself out.

The other thing to keep in mind, I had read that it was $9.95 for internet in the room. This is actually per device. We didn't find this overly clear. My husband got chatting to another family by the pool and they hadn't realised either and between them had 7 devices!!
There is free internet in the lobby, but it was abit 'off and on'.

We did get to visit our friends lots over at the Marriott which is just a very small walk (just 1-2mins) from the back of the hotel and through the parking lot and you are there at the Marriott and the Hilton and the Convention Center.
The rooms we say at the Marriott were tiny and very dark. We much prefered our room.
We also found that the Marriott had a real party atmosphere at night. It was so loud. Fun, but we couldn't hold a conversation in the evening.
We all tended to meet up where we were at the Sheraton instead. The bar loung was really cozy and had a lovely feel.

We would definitely choose the Sheraton again during our next visit.
The room was lovely and the bed very very cozy.

Vail
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here for a combination work and pleasure trip. I attended a conference hosted at the hotel while my family played at Disneyland. This was a great hotel for both. The room was a good size, we appreciated the complimentary water, fridge and safe. The beds were very comfortable, and the cleanliness overall was great. The pool is a great size and pretty, the poolside bar serving snacks is a nice touch. The fitness center is above par (the only downside being there was no way to turn off the music blaring from the speakers).

The conference center was very accommodating and the catering was great! We had lunch there both days, which was delicious, and they served desserts during the afternoon sessions that were also very good.

The staff is attentive and we had no problems whatsoever. We asked for, and received, a fireworks view room (although we found out later that there were no fireworks while we were there, only on the weekends during January).

The walk for us was no big deal, and there are numerous small stores and convenience stores nearby that make buying essentials a cinch.

I would definitely stay here again, for the location, the staff, and the overall quality of the property.

Room Tip: Anything above the sixth floor on the side facing Disney is extra. Our room had a balcony, which was...
Houston,TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Very convenient location to the convention center. Loved my king room. Comfy bed, huge bathroom, nice shower and huge tub. All very clean. In room Starbucks coffee, complimentary bottled water and a refrigerator. Pretty quiet even though I was located by the elevator.
I used the fitness room and it was clean and not over crowded. There are no free breakfasts at this property. Although the breakfast in the in house restaurant, "Molly's Kitchen" was tasty, the service in there is not good. If you are in a hurry, a faster alternative is the little convenience store in the hotel. They have yummy, hot breakfast sandwiches, cereal, fruit, etc. for a reasonable price.
Guest services were very helpful and arranged for a cab ride to the airport on departure.

Vancouver, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of December. Room quality is typical Sheraton -- clean, average size -- bathtub/shower may need some updating. Room faced Disneyland, allowing for a nightly "Fireworks view", but also was a "Parking lot view" during the day. Walking to Disneyland from the hotel takes about 15 minutes -- may be a little long for families with little kids without strollers -- convenient for those who don't mind the walk. A cab ride to Disneyland is about U$7, due to some weird one way streets and road medians blocking a direct drive.

The restaurants at Anaheim GardenWalk are only a 5-10 minute walk away (PF Changs, Bubba Gump, Cheesecake Factory, Roy's, McCormick and Schmicks etc).

I would stay here again as I appreciate the reliable quality of the Sheraton brand, and for it's location.

Room Tip: Room facing Disney side will allow for a good (uncrowded) vantage point of the nightly Disneyland Fi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is probably one of my favorite Sheraton because of its close proximity to Disneyland and that I've been able to book award stays for a few of my stays.

The hotel is located right next to the Anaheim Convention Center and a 15-20 minute walk to Downtown Disney, which is a huge plus. Standard rooms are fairly "standard," nothing that really stands out. There's a small balcony with some of the rooms and it's nice to be able to step out to the balcony to get some fresh air. Beds are comfy and the bathrooms are clean.

The layout of the hotel is a bit weird, especially if you park towards the back. It is a bit of a trek to get to the lobby so it is probably best to park at the temporary parking and check in first before parking. $16 for hotel guests and you can park there until 11pm on the day you check out.

Pool and gym is located in the center of the resort. I like the gym a lot since it has a high ceiling so it feels spacious. There are towels and they provide these really basic headphones just in case you forget yours.

Sometimes it is tough to find a hotel with availability for award stays, but I've been able to book this Sheraton a few times and it costs 7000 Starwood points. Not the best return on my Starwood points, but it's solid, especially if you book early enough on those holiday weekends!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort? Share your experiences!