We were staying in Anaheim for the Craft and Hobby Tradefair (CHA). We needed to be close to the convention center. I had lots of friends staying at The Marriott right next to the Center, but it was a little more expensive, so we decided to stay at The Sheraton.
We loved our room when we arrived. It was on the 8th floor and over looked the pool. The room was so big (We had a king room). We did have a problem though in that the room was very hot. It was 76F and we couldn't reduce the temp.
We called someone as we thought there was a fault. As it turns out the hotel either has the air con or he heating on. You can't have the choice and as the temp had dipped outside there was no air con available. (we were told it was due to the age on the hotel)
We were really unhappy with this as the room was baking. The solution we were given was to leave the balcony door open. Fine during the day if we were in but we weren't happy about this at night.
The manage on duty was pleasant and offered us free parking whilst we were there. Saving $16 a day. We did think about staying somewhere else though for the other 4 nights.
As it turned out it was fine, we had the doors open whilst we were ther and nights were fine too. The temp seemed to sort itself out.
The other thing to keep in mind, I had read that it was $9.95 for internet in the room. This is actually per device. We didn't find this overly clear. My husband got chatting to another family by the pool and they hadn't realised either and between them had 7 devices!!
There is free internet in the lobby, but it was abit 'off and on'.
We did get to visit our friends lots over at the Marriott which is just a very small walk (just 1-2mins) from the back of the hotel and through the parking lot and you are there at the Marriott and the Hilton and the Convention Center.
The rooms we say at the Marriott were tiny and very dark. We much prefered our room.
We also found that the Marriott had a real party atmosphere at night. It was so loud. Fun, but we couldn't hold a conversation in the evening.
We all tended to meet up where we were at the Sheraton instead. The bar loung was really cozy and had a lovely feel.
We would definitely choose the Sheraton again during our next visit.
The room was lovely and the bed very very cozy.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Park Hotel At The Anaheim Anaheim
- Sheraton Park Hotel At The Anaheim
- Sheraton Park Hotel
- Sheraton Anaheim
- Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim Resort
- Anaheim Sheraton
- Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim California
- Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort is ideally located within walking distance to the Disneyland Resort, the new Anaheim GardenWalk and the Anaheim Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Starwood, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotwire, Venere, Amex, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, getaroom.com, Tingo, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.