“Warner Bros. Studios Plus Movie Star Homes Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The Anaheim Tour Company is a family owned business located in Anaheim. We offer tours including the OC Beach Bus Tour, Grand Tour of Hollywood, Private Tours just for your group and more We also run the Warner Brothers VIP Deluxe Combo Tour with Movie Star Homes from Anaheim, Universal Studios Deluxe Combo Tour to Hollywood including EARLY ARRIVAL to Universal, the Space and Hollywood Tour and now THE WALT TOUR - exploring the life of Walt Disney here in Southern California. Our tours are always 24 guests and less and frequently less than 10 guests because, that makes some of the tours better than anything anyone else here can offer. E-mail us for information or look through our website. Happy Planning!
Ottawa, Canada
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 286 helpful votes
“Warner Bros. Studios Plus Movie Star Homes Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I’ve never been a fan of bus tours – sure they’re great for getting from Point A to Point B – but if you’re looking for a personalized experience, you’re certainly not going to get it on a bus packed with 40 people. Back in ’97, we did a Hollywood bus tour that was so comically bad – how bad? Well, we learned about a lot of locations where they filmed CHiPS, plus we also learned that buses aren’t allowed to go onto a lot of the streets in Beverly Hills.

So fast forward to ’13, we wanted to visit the Warner Bros. Studios and maybe do another – hopefully better – Hollywood tour. As with some of my past reviews, Trip Advisor came through, leading me to the Anaheim Tour Company (aka Anaheim Visitor Center) which offers a combo tour of both. This is a great option if you’re around Disney, as I wasn’t able to find very many companies that included Warner Brothers as a destination from Anaheim. Effectively, you kill two birds with one stone and end up with a full day excursion. I have a separate review for Warner Bros., so this focuses on everything else that happened.

The tour was run by Tom, who is also the owner of the Anaheim Tour Company. As we were the only two people on the tour, he gave it using a small rental car, so it had more of a feel of a family member showing you around town. And show us he did. We ended up seeing quite a few famous homes, and Tom also filled us in on some of the background regarding purchasing and building practices, which I found fascinating. It was interesting to see how some look at historical preservation, while other will buy a perfectly good house, knock it down and built upon the ashes. Anyways, you could see that Tom really enjoys giving the tour and knows a lot about the city.

I was actually surprised at how many different stops and different experiences were fit into the day. There are quite a few places where Tom parks the car and gives a short walking tour: Areas like Rodeo Drive - which you would expect - but also places like Greystone Mansion, the Biltmore Hotel and the Bonaventure Hotel, which are featured in a lot of movies. On top of that, the stop near the Hollywood sign is pretty much the closest you can get without breaking the law.

Combined with the Warner Brothers tour, this was an excellent “rest” day from all of the walking we were doing at Disney…but still lots of opportunities to stretch, stroll and take a few pictures. We started a little late because of a timing snafu, but Tom made sure we got the full package. The tour also has a lunch stop at a great diner and the WB gift shop has a Starbucks, so you have a few places to grab some food over the course of the day. This ended up being one of the highlights of our trip and went way beyond expectations.

Visited March 2013

uk
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great company !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

After much research I opted to book two tours with Tom and the Anaheim Tour Co. and I am so glad I did. Great communications right from the start, literature awaiting us at the hotel upon arrival. Tom arrived promptly on the morning of pick up, we did the 3 beaches /whale watching tour and Tom was very knowlegable throughout, showed us all the best places to go and with added humour it was a great day. The next day we wanted to go on the Hollywood/L.A however nobody else was booked for that day and we expected to have to cancel....but no!! Tom took us at no extra charge in his own car and we had a very personal tour of all the sights, he acted as chauffer/tour guide/photographer/waiter we truly felt like V.I.P's for the day.We got as close as it is possible to get to the Hollywood sign and entry into hotels/shops we would never have gone into. All our photos were emailed to us before we arrived home. Nothing was too much trouble and Tom really made our holiday!

Visited October 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“After you paid... Nothing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Same experience for me and the other passenger. The money was debited from my credit card immediately but after that complete silence from the other part until after indefinite calls I was told the tour was probably not taking place. A disastrous organization and customer service.
AVOID THIS EXPERIENCE !

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fabulous start to our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Sourced this one over the internet a few weeks before our family 5 week trip to the states, found Tom to be very friendly & informative before we even got there. We did the Hollywood / Downtown LA / Santa Monica beach tour with my family and another so it was pretty much personalized for us. Right from the start Tom gave us a perfect introduction to LA, everything from the history of LA Freeways, who owned what homes, what movies were made where, etc.
He pretty much showed us everything we wanted to see in LA in one day and did it with a personal touch , which we wouldnt have gotten from a big tour company.
Highly recommended. Only problem was we couldnt get a hold of Tom at the end of our trip to do Universal/Warner bros tour...

Visited September 2012
South Suburb of Chicago
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“OC Beach Bus Tour via Anaheim tour company Visitor Center”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I planned and studied which tour to go with to see the beach while in the OC. I foolishly picked this one. I paid for it online, with the Anaheim Visitor Center, so figured what could go wrong. WELL first they send an email telling me to email them and then I will get an email in 24 hours to confirm. I did this on a FRIDAY for a tour on a SUNDAY. I started calling the 714-817-9733 number right away and as of today, (TUESDAY) I not only know the surfin USA song by heart because thats what they play, but NO return call! They never showed. I finally 4 days later, and after I reported to my credit card company got an email, they were sick!

Visited October 2012
tomfromoc, Manager at Anaheim Tour Company, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Sorry for the inconvenience. I appreciate the review, even though it's so negative.

It appears you booked a tour online sometime on Friday for a Sunday morning pick up for our Beach Bus Tour.

I would suggest, if anyone else is reading this review or response that, instead of booking online less than 48 hours before a tour, that you simply call our office and pay on the day. If we answer and are available, your tour will happen and - based on other guest experiences, you will probably really enjoy it.

As I mentioned in another response, our old system did not alert us when an online order came in so, as in this case, we had no idea guests were expecting to be picked up.

I'm happy the refund was taken care of once we knew what happened and am also happy that you know the words to Surfin' USA. It's a great song but, seriously, as we said on the phone, so sorry for the situation and disappointment.

Tom