“Great location, really kid friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20%
Ranked #18 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas
“Great location, really kid friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Everything was great. From the minute you check in they are there to accommodate the kids. We had 2 little ones with us. In the lobby by the front desk there are little chairs and a tv with old Mickey cartoons playing so the kids don't get bored during this process. Rooms are fine. They are just the right size like any other hotel room. We faced the park and right outside our balcony we could see the water show in the evening. (SIDE NOTE...Facing the park you will hear rides and people talking on loud speakers til late hours. Also, we heard people singing and found out later they were practicing for xmas show in the middle of the night. LITERALLY AT 4AM, Tis the season I guess. We were there weekend of 10/26/13). Everyone is very friendly. Bathroom had 2 sinks which was great. 1 hour entrance to park is great. We used room service once which was really good but didn't eat at any restaurants.We received a bunch of coupons for stuff like free lanyards and pins. Overall it was a great experience. Hotel is spotless. All employees very courteous. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Not sure. If you face park you will hear noise and your other option is to face Downtown Disney whic...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
Bremerton, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had the idea of staying at the Grand Californian hotel because this was our first vacation together as a couple. It was really lovely being near the parks and being able to have early access to parks (although we never used this because we tend to like to sleep) The restaurants and all the amenities are also worth staying here. And we even had a semi-relaxing day at the pool. It's hard to call it relaxing when you are two adults staying at Disneyland hotel for families and children. Which we were not expecting it to be quiet. The staff were all friendly of course- it's Disney after all!

I just think it's a little over priced for what you get. However, the prices for the food in the hotel restaurants were not too pricey in my opinion. I would stay here again, but only if someone else were paying!

PS, for whatever the reason, maybe it was having 2 drinks at the pool, or just the end to a great vacation, but the nachos they server at the pool were AMAZING!

Room Tip: Something on the first floor would be good-near elevators!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Incline Village, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We take an annual trip to Disneyland every October and we have stayed at the Grand Californian for the past several years. My family just loves the atmosphere in the hotel, the Disney magic that starts the minute you enter the lobby, and most of all, the proximity to the parks. I keep saying we should try out the renovated Disneyland Hotel but my family does not want to give up the location of the GCH.
However, that said, I will say that at the prices they charge, there should be a few things that are provided that are not. The beds should be queens, not doubles. The rooms should be bigger (obviously not easy to change at this point) and more (a lot more) rooms should have daybed options. My family consists of 2 teenagers of different genders. They are not going to sleep in the same bed and they are too big for the bunks. I have even heard that Disney does not guarantee beds for 5 people even when booking 5 people into a room and that they will possibly offer a sleeping bag for the 5th person. This has never happened to me but if it is true it really unacceptable for a hotel of this quality.
And probably my biggest complaint is the bathrooms. The shower pressure in particular was about the worst I have experienced. It was a weak stream of water and it barely allowed me to wash my hair or rinse the soap off my body. And the towels are not particularly plush or large (again, something I would expect at a hotel of this level).
We did not use the pool this trip but we love the lounge chairs - the best I have seen.
We did eat at Whitewater Snacks one morning and the best deal there is the large bottle of OJ - easily enough for 4-6 people for the price of 2 or 2.5 smaller bottles. I felt like there were fewer breakfast options than in years past but I am not sure that is true.
Internet access was a little spotty in the room we ended up in (see the next paragraph) so that was disappointing.

We did have one issue arise. We checked in around 7:45 am and were able to get right into our room (what a surprise!). However, when we went back to the room around 4:45pm to unpack some things and get a bit settled, we got a phone call from the front desk saying they needed us to move rooms - the second I closed the last drawer after putting everything away. (Apparently there was construction starting at the new Starbucks location in DTD that would be very loud late at night and for some reason the hotel was not aware of it before assigning the room to us.) So we packed everything up and moved to our new room. The room did not have quite as nice of a view - the first room overlooked the courtyard near the DTD entrance and the second room overlooked a back area of DCA (no real themepark view) and we could see the monorail. Mostly dirt and a few trees. The front desk did comp us with 4 free dinners good at several resort hotel locations (Goofy's Kitchen, Storyteller's, PCH Grill, Steakhouse 55 I think). We ate at the latter - for the first time ever and we have been going for 15 years. The free coupons covered an entree and a dessert, side or starter for each of us plus a non-alcoholic beverage I think, plus the gratuity was included as well. Steakhouse 55 was amazing - great food, great service, nice atmosphere. So in the end, the small inconvenience of the move was well worth it.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

From the moment we arrived, the service was WONDERFUL, easy access to the theme parks, great that we got early access to the parks.
The restarants were great and easy access to downtown. the rooms were clean and large..

Room Tip: book in advance
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I spent almost a week here and it was fantastic. The rooms were very pretty and had a great view. Also, there are great restaurants and it's right next to the park! Plus, there is early entry for hotel guests, you get to go in 1 hour before the park opens! The only down is that there internet connect/box is iffy. Since alot of people don't bring computers there, like actual big ones, it's not a problem. But, we did and it took a while for them to fix it. But everything else was fantastic.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a balcony. Also, it's quieter with a back view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I have to start by saying that my better half and I are not exactly new to the Disney experience. I have been a passport holder for over 4 years and recently stayed at the wonderful Disneyland Hotel.
Our dream had always been to stay at the Grand Californian Hotel and that dream was made a reality this weekend. My boyfriend reserved us a Premium View room to be able to watch World of Color from our balcony and have direct access to the park in the morning.
When we arrived to the Hotel we entered the resort with very high expectations. We were helped at the check in desk very quickly and this is were the nightmare began. The very friendly girl at the front desk advised us that our "Pool" view room was ready. My bf told her our reservation was for a premium view and she changed it promptly. To our surprise when we got there, there was a cleaning crew still in the room. I took a peak inside and noticed two beds instead of the one king we had reserved. We went back downstairs and spoke to another worker at the front desk named Dan.
Dan told us there were no rooms available with a king bed anywhere in the hotel except for the no view rooms. He said he would have to "downgrade" us. My bf asked him to upgrade us instead. Dan kept beating around the bush and was unable to flat out tell us that there were no upgrades available. I asked him if the difference in prize would be reimbursed to us and once again, he answered a basic yes or no question with an "eeerrrhhh..... I don't know, maybe". At this point we were already not happy.
Every time we asked him a question, he'd go to the back and not come back for 10-20 minutes at a time. Dan basically told us they had given our room away to a more "suitable" guest with specific requests (I'm guessing we weren't suitable enough for a view we had already paid for...).
My boyfriend gave in and "downgraded" us to a view of the valet but before we left to our room, he asked Dan if they could at least cover the valet fees, or basically sweeten up our horrible start to the weekend to which Dan just answered "No!", we basically had to beg for him to hook it up with at least a couple of fast passes and dinner vouchers. Not cool.
Anyway we got to the room and it was nothing special, there was no Disney anything in it, it felt like a Holiday Inn. If you want a Disney experience stick to the Disneyland Hotel. It has the perfect Disney touch and it is cheaper and just as perfectly located.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2013 with my husband and daughter (who is 3.5 years old). It was fantastic,

You can't help but smile the second you are greeted by the doorman.

We stayed in the a Concierge Room and it was worth every penny. The room was large (1 x Queen and bunk beds) and it had a fabulous view of the pool. It also aloud us to use the Club Guest Room which was fantastic, it was open from 7.00am - 10.00pm and offered complimentary breakfast, lunch, snacks, desserts, soft drink, alcohol and amazing views for the nightly fireworks.

Also, they had nightly book reading time for children.

The only hotel to stay in Disneyland, LA.

Room Tip: Stay in the Concierge Room and ask for a room overlooking the pool or gardens.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Grand Californian Hotel? Share your experiences!