My family and I stayed at the Grand Californian over the July 4th weekend. We property is nice: spectacular architecture (although a recreation, it's still impressive), pleasant staff, prompt service, and clean rooms.
The four pools and two hot tubs -- located in the courtyard -- are a pleasant place to place to hang out for a quick break away from the parks. Our 7 year old really enjoyed the water slide in the Redwood Pool. Daytime wait staff bring food and drinks from the pool bar until 6pm.
You cannot beat the location. There is a private entrance to Disney's California Adventure (DCA) park from within the hotel. (Must show a room key to use this gate). In addition, Disney offers hotel guests a "Magic Hour" -- early entry into the theme parks -- one hour before the general public. This is great for collecting Fast Passes for popular rides, ensuring a stress-free (and line-free) visit to the park.
The hotel is conveniently located at Downtown Disney, providing lots of shopping and dining choices that aren't specifically Disney. For instance, we went to Jamba Juice for breakfast one morning and enjoyed our healthy, fresh fruit smoothies as we wandered through DCA.
We took advantage of Pinnochio's Workshop (an evening kid's camp/activity center) so that we could enjoy a nice of fine dining at Napa Rose. The little guy played games, painted, and watched a video with the other kids while the "big kids" had a night just for us. It was perfect.
As for cost, this property isn't for the weak of heart (or light of wallet). But for a special visit (maybe once in a lifetime) it's a neat place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim