This hotel is very very dated, the staff couldn't care less and almost you can sense they wish the guests would just all go away.
It took us 5 hours to finally check in. We arrived jet lagged from a 15 hour flight from Sydney and got given a dreadful room, were treated like muck and had to call a manager. Only then did we get another room, yes it was OK, but for a booking "with a view" it overlooked the car park.
The staff are simply un-interested. It basically destroys anything you have heard about "Disney = Good Customer Service".
We tried to order room service and were told it is always a minimum wait of 60 minutes plus. All we wanted was some hot milk for our child.
The 3 day meal plan we booked, wasn't 3 meals, it was breakfast, a snack and a $15 voucher for dinner - we still haven't been reimbursed.
We tried to book the "flag ship" restaurant Napa Rose and 3 times Guest Services told us they would sort it out. By the 4th call, we were told we could eat there as it was closed that night for a private function anyway. Why we couldn't have been told that in the first place, beggars belief.
Carry photo ID at all times. The jobs worthy staff like to ask you for it, just to pee you off. Even to get in the pool area. Your room key isn't enough.
The food by the pool is disgusting, the breakfast made us all get terrible stomach upsets. No one cared at all.
It is a total shame, that this run down place exists to service Disney and markets itself as 5 star.
Bad bad bad hotel and bad for Disney.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Grand California
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.