My wife and I stayed at the Grand Californian with another couple. We booked at the same time for the lowest tier of standard room. To our surprise they gave us adjoining rooms next to each other on the 4th floor. I walked out to the balcony, and to my surprise it was overlooking downtown Disney. Score! I thought we had to pay extra for that. The room was quiet at night. I am a light sleeper and I didn't hear anything around us. Sometimes a screaming kid blazing down the hallway but that was short lived.
The room itself was nice. Very small and they only had rooms available with (2) queen beds instead of 1 king. I already knew what to expect in regards to the room size. You are paying for the location. Staying in the Disney themed resort is a magical experience even to a couple in their early 30s. I was worried it would only be geared towards little kids and I wouldn’t enjoy it. I was wrong, we absolutely loved it.
I read a lot of complaints about the early entry at California adventure being too crowded. I was expecting the worst, but they moved that line in minutes. We were at the back of the crowd, and found ourselves through the gates running to the Cars ride in 5 minutes. Not bad at all.
The grounds of the hotel are nice and the restraints are great. We ate at Napa Rose which was pricey and fancy, but the food and wine selection were totally worth it. Breakfast at Storytellers café was my favorite. I ate the best omelette I’ve ever had in my life, and the mickey mouse waffles were delicious! Eating with the Disney characters seemed like a gimmick but it wasn’t. We were at a table of all adults in our 30s, with no kids. The characters still came to our table and interacted with us, posing for pictures and such. Also the Hearthstone lodge is a cool bar with reasonably priced appetizers and drinks. I had my first ever Strawberry Julep there…followed by another :) It was so delicious I couldn’t resist!
Overall we had a great time at the Grand Californian. It’s a wonderful experience for travelers of all ages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim