The staff was exceptionally friendly here, and because we checked in midweek in early February, there were no delays at all getting registered and in our rooms. In fact, since there was no line behind us, the gentleman at the reservation desk spent a lot of time with us giving us tips about getting around the parks, he dug out some first time visitor souvenirs for us, and pointed us to a 4 o'clock kiddie scavenger hunt (where cookies for all were the prize).
The location to the parks can't be beat, and the morning in-hotel California Adventure line was no more than a 15 min wait. Food was a bit pricey at Storytellers, and you can get some of the same things for cheaper at the neighboring snack shop.
The pools were fantastic, heated enough to even be enjoyable in February.
The rooms were very clean, but small. Smaller even than most Sheraton and Hilton rooms I've visited. The only negative we found (and the reason for the four stars) is that although you don't really hear anything happening out in the hallways, the walls between rooms are pretty thin. We could hear the neighboring room conversations even though they were not be being that loud.
Other than that - next time we'll ask for a corner room.
Finally, although our room faced the hotel's entrance - I was much happier we faced that direction than Downtown Disney - that side can get pretty noisy.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Grand California
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Amex, Tingo, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.