“convenience is worth it” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1600 S Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #21 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“convenience is worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Yes, it costs a bundle, but if you're old and tired, just being able to walk back to your room instead of catching a shuttle or two saves a lot of time and energy. We would go back to take a nap without killing most of the day, and come back refreshed in the afternoon to keep doing stuff. I was leery of the cost when my wife booked it, but this has been our most enjoyable trip to D land in years, just because were not as tired as we have been in the past. ThThe

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
San Jose, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great location but the prices get higher and higher every year for not much extra. I remember when rice krispie treats were free each visit. Now you pay. Yet the price has gone WAY up for a room....lame

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We (family of 5) were enticed to stay at the Grand by it's 5 star rating and access to Disneyland and California adventure park. Does it deserve the 5 stars? In my opinion no. I realise star rating relates to facilities but give me a break decor and service is a HUGE part of why you spend the money to stay at a 5 star rated hotel and this place has neither!! I hate to sound so negative as it is true access to Disneyland is excellent which is vital when you have young children who need a rest during the day. The management need to have a good look at their staff or even better go to Disneyland hotels in Hong Kong and see how it is done ! I would expect smiling service at the "Happiest place on earth"

Room Tip: Its fun to have a view into California Adventure land to get you in the mood :)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Spent three nights in January using Disney Vacation Club points, mid-week. Even for points, it was expensive. Not sure what it costs in dollar value but I am sure it must be over $300 per night. For the price, you get a very well appointed standard sized room with two sinks, mini-refrigerator, and a very comfortable bed. Evening turn down service adds a nice touch. Guest self service laundry had plenty of machines. But the reason we stayed here was not the room. It's the location. This property is attached to Downtown Disney and California Adventure (with it's own entrance). The two other Disney properties are equally nice. But the location of this hotel makes it the prime location to stay at. Getting to Disneyland is simple as walking 5 minutes to the monorail located in Downtown Disney. Entrance to California Adventure is even more enticing, with it's own entrance, we never waited longer then 5 minutes, even with the morning rush. Restaurant choices are plentiful but expect resort pricing. Service is super all around. The comfort of walking to your room Mid-day after walking the theme parks is price-less. The heated swimming pool was utlized by many children, even in January. Overall, we enjoyed our time at Disneyland and will return to this particular hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to Disneyland 3 times in the past 2 1/2 years. I thought I would 'splurge'. Not worth the money!!!! I would rather of stayed on Harbor Street at the Carousel Inn, Much nicer rooms.
The rooms here were starting to look run down. They were small. The dresser drawer wouldn't stay shut....the lights by the bed wouldn't turn off. I spent 6 days. Other than getting
in early to the park everyday, the Grand Californian Hotel was a HUGE disappointment.
Save your money and stay on Harbor Street. Its not that long of a walk into the parks.

Kelowna,BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We just returned from a 5 day holiday in Disney, Anaheim. We stayed at Grand Califronia Hotel, which is supposed to be a 5 star resort, but it's not really up to this standard. Rooms were dark and small, and the hotel safes were the size of the envelope, couldn't get my Cannon camera in, not enough width.
Location was great, the reason we booked in, but with our next visit we are looking elsewhere, so many options just accross the street.

Marya R, Cananda

Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here since we had toyed with the idea of doing it for so long but were always put off by the price. The location was necessary for me considering that we were there for the half marathon and I wanted to be as close as possible. We got to the hotel around 11:00am, room wasn't ready but I didn't expect to be so we dropped our bags with the bell desk and went to the park since I was told I would receive a text when the room was ready. Well check in time came and went with no text so we made our was back to the hotel to inquire. She told me it was still not ready but they could give us another room. I asked if it would be on the 5th floor, like the one we were waiting for. She said it was on the 3rd which annoyed me because I wanted a room on the 5th floor but at this point I guess we wanted rest more so we took the room on the 3rd. It was just a standard 2 queen room but so iddy, bitty, teeny, tiny!! Such small rooms for the price, uncomfortably small! Bed's were very hard and uncomfortable and that made for a few restless nights. When I showered the water arbitrarily changed temps over and over. Once I had the temp where i wanted it for some reason it would go cold so I would adjust and continue my shower then it would go scalding hot so I re-adjust the temp and in about a minute it's cold again, repeat...repeat until I was done. That was not something I found acceptable in a 400.00+ per night room. I ran the half marathon on Sunday and all I wanted to do after was have a hot bath and sure enough I get in the tub and there is no hot water, figures. Employee's were friendly and the proximity to the park is nice but not enough to make me consider ever staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Grand Californian Hotel? Share your experiences!