The Grand Californian is a gorgeous property and with the location being next to (and partly inside) Disney's California Adventure park it's hard to complain.
We arrived a bit early and our room was not ready, but the staff sent me a text message when it was which was about 30 minutes. We left our bags at the bell desk and headed to the park.
The hotel has a great lobby reminiscent of a grand lodge. There is a fireplace that you can warm up next to, and televisions playing Disney movies for the kids.
The staff is so awesome here! Disney service can't be beat and the hotel staff at the Grand Californian represent the best of Disney customer service. They are all so friendly and accommodating.
The rooms are just average. They are very quiet though. I didn't hear kids running up and down the halls or anything while we were there. The beds are pretty comfortable also. The rooms are nice but not any better than the Hilton or Marriott. I do feel that this hotel is overpriced because of this. If you don't plan on being in you're room much just stay across the street at Disney's Paradise Pier hotel. It's much cheaper and you still get to use the Grand Californian park entrance.
We were celebrating a birthday so I ordered a cake from room service to arrive while we were out. It was just as I had requested and delivered on time.
We ate at Napa Rose. The food there is delicious! If you are a wine drinker they have the best selection I've ever seen. It's not a place for kids though. There are other places on property to eat, such as Storyteller's Cafe. They have a character breakfast buffet that looks fun for kids. There are also places in Downtown Disney that you could eat. Downtown Disney is just steps from the hotel.
Didn't use the pool because it was January and pretty cold, but it looked beautiful.
Overall, this is a really nice hotel for a special occasion. It is very expensive, but well worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Expedia, Reservation Counter, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim