I just love this hotel!
I must caveat though....I grade all Disney experiences on a different scale from my other hotel trips. Disney is Disney...you can't try and compare staying here to staying at a Four Seasons. It has it's own criteria measured against other Disney properties.
The amazing over the top ridiculousness of California crafstman style on steroids always makes me smile when I walk into the lobby. Every little detail is designed to reinforce the overall effect, and I love it. Even the mini craftsman style rockers for toddlers! My 11 month old daugher loved it....
Rooms: normal nice hotel room in keeping with the overall theme...we had adjoining rooms so we could watch TV at night without waking up baby, and so grandma could come down for a few nights to join
Food: good standard hotel quality, and Napa Rose was high quality gourmet food.
Prices: exorbinant, but on par with Disney...what can I say, if you go to Disney then be prepared to spend!
Service: efficient and quick and friendly...Disney is always a well oiled machine
Babysitting service: really really excellent babysitters booked via a local company that Disney works with....some of the best babysitters I have ever had via hotels
Pool: only bad bit here....just far far too small for the capacity of the hotel. We wandered around for AGES before we could even find two normal chairs to sit in
Park Location: Grand Californian is a great location for Disneyland. You can walk through Downtown Disney to get to Disneyland entrance very quickly, or you can take a back private entrance directly into California Adventure.
Tips: if you are staying at a Disneyland hotel you should ask Dining services to book you restaurant reservations before you arrive. Especially if you want to have lunch or dinner at Blue Bayou in New Orleans square (and if you don't....why not!?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim