Stayed from Thursday to Monday (12-16 March) on a very good discount deal (approx $140 per night). For the price we paid, I was very satisfied with staying in the Disneyland resort area for our first trip to Disneyland (we have visited Disney World several times). We have three children (ages 6 through 10) and found the room size to be large enough to fit us comfortably. We had two queen beds and a sofa (which converts to a twin bed) for use. The room as well as the bathroom was in very good shape and we found the rooms to be very very quiet! Even with children all around the resort and in adjacent rooms, we never heard any loud noises from other rooms.
We stayed on the 13th floor overlooking the Disney California Adventure Park (DCA) and really enjoyed the view. At the end of the hall, is a small balcony where you can see fireworks over Disneyland for the night show. Although we didn't go, we were also told that they pipe the music from the fireworks to the 3rd floor pool deck and you can watch the show from there as well.
We were very pleased with the the housekeeping and staff who were all very pleasant. Service at the Surfside Lounge snack bar and PCH grill was very good and (relative to Disney's general higher prices) was a good value compared to many other places to eat nearby. (example: $60 counter service dinner at an express cafe in Downtown Disney versus $60 sit down dinner at the PCH grill which was much more relaxing and good for the kids; $40 counter service while you fight a crowd during the lunch rush in the hot sun at DCA versus $50 sit down lunch meal at Surfide Lounge with no crowds and good service which allowed the kids and us to recharge)
The highlight of the hotel for us was the pool area with a really nice separate giant slide. We took advantage of an afternoon pool break after visiting the parks each day which was a great way for the family to recharge.
It was nice staying on Disney property and we averaged about 5-7 minutes to walk to Downtown Disney and about 12-15 minutes total to get to the main gate. We also liked using the monorail from Downtown Disney straight to Tomorrow Land if you are a resort guest.
There is so much to say, however, the main thing to pass along is that Paradise Pier is a fine choice for a family of 5 or less (for 1 room) to enjoy their stay at Disneyland! I think the main issue has to do with what price you could book the room at. While it is all relative to individual taste, I think that paying more than $200 per night (which seems to be the usual rate) would seem to be overpriced but that seems to be the premium you pay to stay at a Disney property. Also, for those trying to compare Disneyworld resorts to Disneyland, I give an edge to my experiences at Disneyworld just for the sheer size which makes dealing with same-sized crowds easier to deal with (one tip: go to the park and be at the gate 30-40 minutes before opening time - lines at all rides were very short compared to what they got up to by 11am). However, it is almost unfair to compare the two resorts and their hotels because it seems like apples and oranges. Bottom line, if you are committed to a Disneyland trip, don't hesitate staying at Paradise Pier, we were very satisfied and pleasantly surprised by the good value at the restaurants within the hotel. (oh, one last thing - for character dining - recommend Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland hotel - we got in for the buffet dinner and the kids loved it)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Hotwire so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim