“Sweet Staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
San Diego, California, United States
“Sweet Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here last weekend with my cousins! The staff was beyond kind and were very sweet to me when I was upset about my phone being taken at the park. They were considerate enough to allow me to call home and were willing to care for me beyond what you would expect of staff. The room was well maintained and the fold out mattress was great! I was very surprised by how comfortable my sleep was! I rather enjoyed all the aspects of the hotel and if given the chance again, I would go there! I just wish it had a bigger pool!

Room Tip: Rooms away from hotel's elevator are better because they are less noisy--there is a lot of foot...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Stay away from here if you are looking for a Disney experience. This Hotel has no magic what's so ever. I have read other reviews in regards to How rude staff are, let me tell you this is 100% correct.
The cost of this hotel does not match what is offered. During check in we were met by a grumpy lady and the bell service man was even worse. He was actually intimidating. Firstly, we were not given the room we requested 4months in advance
Then when we entered the room it was like a nightmare.
-pubic hair in the shower
-dirty toilet
-dirty sink with soap on bench
-never given new soap on the last day it was lucky We had some with us to shower with.
-not up to standards with the price per-night. Very basic and I mean very basic!! I can promise you cheaper Hotel chains have much more to offer. We have stayed in them for 3 weeks during our USA holiday.

Now the restaurant
-charged for items we did not order
-room service food we threw out it was disgusting. (We left a note on the trays and never heard back).
-the menu is terrible with no selection

Bars
-bar closes at 5-6 no Adult comforts at all.
-indoor bar is in the lobby not a great space at all.

On check out we spoke to the lady who was the same lady who checked us in. I was glad she had a different attitude and was a little understanding. She removed the restaurant meals cost for us. She went and got her manager so my Husband and I could inform her of our experience. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME.
She asked why we didn't follow our letter up about the room service or contact house keeping about the room? Didn't realise guests had to ensure the Pier Hotel has a communication policy? Even explained it was uncomfortable as everyone we experienced was rude or not interested. I then showed her photo evidence of the room. Honestly, she could not have cared. She offered a card to take that has contact information to email complaints. Not even an apology. Her body language was not of a manager of first class hotel (first class it is not) leaning over the counter arms folded, not really interested, not offering to sort out any issues, in fact she wanted me to talk to house keeping??? Her explanation- it's not her area so she can't do anything there are different managers for this. Well Pier Hotel, you need to really look at your communication policy, further train your staff and managers. Left the counter in tears, after flying 17 hours and spending thousands of dollars this was the worst experience with a Hotel imaginable. This Hotel ruined something we were extremely excited about, we had worked hard for this Disney package and saved our money for a long time. As a big Disney lover and collector of all things Disney WHAT A
DISAPPOINTMENT. I will be sending this experience further hoping it reaches the correct people to investigate what is going on at this hotel. We over heard other guests discussing similar problems and disappointments also.

• Stayed October 2013
Chugiak, Alaksa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We are a mom, dad, and almost 3 year old daughter. This was our first trip to Disneyland. We stayed 3 nights in October 2013 in a top floor room with a park view and had access to the concierge lounge. We loved this place. The room itself is large with a king bed and pull out couch with a desk and 2 chairs, and a table that pulls out from under the desk. The bathroom was large as well with a separate toilet room and a tub/shower combo. There was a refrigerator and a safe in the room. The view of California Adventure from our room was awesome! The cast members were kind, friendly, and super helpful from the bell men to the front desk to the concierge level. We did not eat at the on site restaurant, but took full advantage of the concierge level. We had a decent breakfast every morning in there, and was able to take bottles of water, cans of soda, and small cartons of milk with us to our room and into the parks. We would come back in the afternoons for beer and wine, hot appetizers, as well as other cold snacks. They would even fix the beer and wine to go for you if you had a napping child as we often did by that time in the afternoon! We also had free DVD rentals from the concierge level, and our daughter was able to watch her Disney favorites in the room. There is also a room on the main floor that shows continuous cartoons and is set up in a cute beach theme for kids. They did everything right in our opinion to make this an awesome trip for us and our child. The rooms are very clean. There are some dings on the furniture, but nothing terrible. We did not get a chance to use the pool. I have read a lot of complaints about elevator wait time-our tip is to use the small glass elevator to the side of the main elevators. This came fast and we almost never had to wait. Self parking is very convenient in a ramp behind the hotel for $15 per night. The walk to the parks is about 10 to 15 minutes and super convenient through The Grand Californian. We would highly recommend this hotel, especially for families, and we will return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Have stayed here a few times, always with a theme park view. It's amazing! Last visit was for 3 days. Watching World of Color from your room is great. Small cafe downstairs is great and offers food (and drinks if you like)which you can take back to your room. The burgers were amazing, better than the ones we had from room service! Walk to the park was not bad but a little tiring after a long day. Saw previous comments about issues with elevators but we did not experience that.

Room Tip: Theme park view and upper floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great location next to the parks and downtown Disney we were able to walk to everything the hotel room was very clean and the hotel offered all the amenities we needed we will definitely stay there again.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My family just returned from a family vacation at Disneyland and I will give a honest review on the Paradise Pier hotel, We arrived at the hotel after taking the Disney Resort Express to the hotel and the Girl that checked us in was very Friendly and even gave us a free upgrade to a Resort view on the 12th floor since I was Military and celebrating my sons birthday. I was very appreciative as the view from the room was fantastic view of DCA.

So went to downtown Disney for dinner and the walk is about a 7 minute walk from the hotel so not bad. After dinner we came back to the room and the room was warm so I turned on the AC to cool and we went down to the pool and I must say that's where the disappointment started as the pool was very small and maybe 20x40 feet granted they have a slide but kids wanted to swim more and with a few families in there not much room to swim. the chairs around the pool where all stained and dirty and wet dirty towels all around.

Then we went back to our room and it was so hot, the AC broke and the first maintenance guy had no clue how to fix it, then two more showed up with him and said it would be about 1 hr or longer to fix it they hoped. So I went to talk to the clerks downstairs and at first they wanted us to wait for them to fix it but I said that was unacceptable as it was already 9 pm and wanted to get my family showered and to bed so we could be up at 6 am since it was 7 am entry to Disneyland so they gave me another room with a park view on the 13th floor. Nice room but can tell they didn't clean it, maybe just changed the sheets as they looked clean , as there was glitter everywhere on the floor and couch in the room also cereal all over the floor and the bathroom looked dirty. My wife cleaned the bathroom some so we could use it to take showers and get ready for bed. We talked to the maid in the morning and she said they later shift cleaned that room and she said she would do a better job cleaning, but still had glitter everywhere. But We can live with that as having kids we know how hard that is to get up. She said Sheets get replaced as people come and go so no new sheets during our stay unlike other hotels that will change every 2 days. We tipped her and she said she would change our sheets every cpl of days of during our stay.

To me the biggest disappointment is The PCH grill morning buffet in the hotel is about average food for 30 dollars for adults apiece and 15 for kids it adds up quick plus they put the 15% tip on the bill automatically, We had very slow and poor service by our waiter 15 minutes to get our drinks, we where done with our first plate of food before even getting a drink of OJ. I wasn't going to leave a full tip, but didn't want to wait for him to remove the tip from the bill. I don't mind paying more for good food but this food made Denny's look like a 5 star restaurant.

Like I said the people where very friendly but the hotel and food are not worth the price...Save your money and stay somewhere else. If you need to buy water or soda buy from the store downstairs and not the vending machines on each floor to save money.

Room Tip: If you do stay here get a Park view above the 5th floor so you can see into DCA. We got to see them...
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for three nights, a Weds thru Sat. The check-in process was smooth enough, our room was ready at approx 3:30pm, when we got there. Having traveled across country, this was a plus for us. Room was clean and bright, beds were comfy, sheets were extraordinary, tons of pillows. We had a pool view, which was pleasant. This hotel is across the street from the Grand Californian, which is basically the gateway to all of Disneyland. I am glad we chose this hotel over the Grand though, because the grand is just plain huge and over three times the cost. It took about 10 mins of walking to get to the entrance to both Disney parks, the walk took us thru the Grand and Downtown Disney. It was also about a 10 min walk to the monorail, which is free with your Disney park ticket and drops you into Tomorrowland. We did not eat at Paradise Pier Hotel, they have a restaurant, but it's not promoted very well to guests. There is a nice sized gift shop in the lobby and they had a great selection, in fact, it was the only place where we found a Disneyland calendar! They also have room service, they push breakfast, but it seemed to expensive considering all the other food options you have outside you door there. We did eat at the Grand Californian, which was delicious. All of the food we had on our trip was excellent, I feel like Disney has upped their food quality in the last 5 years, the variety here is quite adequate for everyone's desires.
The only complaints I have about the Paradise Pier would be; 1. The elevators are slow, so slow everyone complained. One elevator was broken down the whole week, so that did not help. 2. The shower water was unpredictable, boiling then freezing, I expect a bit of this in a high rise hotel, but given the age of this place I think it should have been a little bit better.
Over all, I would definitely stay here again. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, which you can kind of count on since this is Disney. We were originally going to stay outside Disney property, but I am very glad we didn't, the proximity alone is worth it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!