Surprisingly average hotel for the price paid. The location is very convenient to Disneyland and California Adventure via access through the Grand Californian Hotel across the street. If going to Disneyland, go through the breezeway of the Grand, then short walk through downtown Disney. If going to Calif Adventure, use the exclusive Grand hotel guest entrance.
The Paradise Pier hotel itself is showing its age, and could use some refreshing, especially the rooms. We did not pay for a premium view room, which would have been wasted on us, as we were out and about throughout the day and evening. We did have a park side room on the 4th floor, and could see some of the Halloween Party fireworks one night (we did not spring for the extra-fee Halloween tickets required to remain in the park that night). The down-side of these lower park-side rooms: street noise, which occasionally disrupted our sleep (but so did a crying baby one night, which could happen on any floor). Another note: it is true about the elevators - they are small, slow, and frequently full at peak hours. It would be nice if folks could wait to unfold their strollers until after they exit the elevators.
The water pressure in the shower was quite disappointing, the tub had rust stains and did not drain well. The sink did not drain properly either, and by the last day of our stay, required repair; also had a crack in the basin. The beds were fairly comfortable, including the twin day bed/couch. Liked that there is a refrigerator and coffee maker (no microwave). The rooms are not as nice as the Disneyland hotel rooms, but they are larger, which was a plus for us.
The service was mostly good, and at times exceptional, but did not compare to the service received at the Disneyland Hotel during a visit a year ago. Not sure if that is specific to Disney overall, or just this hotel. On a few occasions, we were given incorrect information from the staff, including incorrect park hours, need for checking back in with front desk prior to accessing our room first day, and even regarding the best way to access the parks from the hotel. Also found a few cast members to be somewhat sarcastic and surly, which is an experience I have never before had at a Disney property (found this in the parks a few times this trip, too).
We did not have meals at this hotel, but had a cocktail at the little bar/coffee shop there. The staff in the bar was very good. Prices about what you would expect for a Disney property. If you want a bit more character, take a short walk to the Tiki Bar on the Disneyland Hotel property; they have fun cocktails, good food, and a beautiful outdoor fireplace (but sometimes full of smokers, so be aware).
Would we stay there again? Maybe, if the price is right. It was great to have the option for daily early entry to one or the other of the parks. Plus, it is very conveniently located for park access; I think the location is actually better than the Disneyland Hotel, especially if you have Park Hopper tickets. I would not pay for a premium view, especially for stays during the off-season when the parks close earlier. Also, shop around for discounts from the different travel sites. We got 20% off and discounted park tickets through such a deal, which made it worth it for us. Have a magical stay at whichever location you choose!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim