“2nd & last time for us” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Wellington
“2nd & last time for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was the 2nd time we stayed here, last time was just 2 night stopover when emigrating to NZ, this time we we stayed 6 nights & had our 2 girls with us (7&5) I had read that it had been upgraded but I'm not sure where tbh Nothing too Disney about it apart from the lamp. The bathroom was just old & needed a new one fitting, dirty wallpaper & discoloured grout. It was clean though, a bit small for us all & although there was an ajoining room we could have booked we all went to bed at the same time anyway as after a day at Disney you are knackered! Unless you pay for the character breakfast I'm not sure what options you have for brekkie, we ate there once then ate at the rainforest cafe for a lot less. Good for the early orning pass to the park but who wants to get up & be in the park at 7am? We went to the Grand California hotel for breakfast one day & this hotel looked amazing, also told the other Disney hotel has lots of Disney things in the rooms but at the end of the day you rest your head & it was clean, I say this is the last time we stay here but to be honest it is the cheapest which frees up money for food & drink & for the time you spend there it is value for money. I almost forgot to mention service at the hotel, just awful, check in after a long flight with 2 kids & I had to wait about 30 minutes, not on at all. The staff at the reception desk were less than enthusiastic about there job, I asked one for a pharmacy near by & she was going to send me on a drive or very long walk, turns out they sold what I needed in their shop across the lobby! Quite a few staff at Disney do not look that happy to be working there & this was only the start of the season, I did expect a lot more when it came to service with a smile

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

we enjoyed our stay, and the staff were very nice and friendly. and the pool was awesome! will go back again! and we stayed at the least expensive hotel on the premises.and we're within minutes of walking through the gate to Disneyland and California Adventure.

• Stayed May 2013
SIERRA VISTA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We decided to splurge and stay onsite for a few nights of our trip. We had never stayed at this hotel, but we have stayed at DLH. We had read about the wonderful views of Disney California Adventure with upgraded rooms, so we decided to pay extra for a premium view. The view was great! We got the 13th floor! Here are my thoughts:
GOOD
*I loved the transportation options we had. We could cut through the Grand Californian, hop on the Monorail, or cut through DTD. Yes, it was not the closest hotel, but we hardly noticed.
*The view..really cool! We left the windows open a bit at night to listen to the sounds of the themepark.We did watch part of WoC show along with the music, but we did miss seeing the screen. Was fine for us because we have seen the show, but for first timers...you really need to see the show in the parks,,it is amazing!
*Loved the H20 products in the bathroom! I really wish I would have bought some from the gift show to bring home.
The BAD
*The rooms and hotel just weren't Disney enough for us.My Daughter was less than thrilled. There were a few Disney touches, but we much prefer the DLH.
*The rooms again...for the price I paid..I expected better. Literally I felt like I was staying at a 2.5 star chain hotel with Deluxe hotel prices. Not cool. Bathrooms had sinks inside the bathroom and the shower pressure was weak. Not a fan!
* The dreaded cooling system. I tried to use the override technique but the air would still turn off while we were sleeping because it did not detect motion. So, I had to order a balloon bouquet so that it would float around the room while we slept.
I would not stay at this hotel again, but I am glad we tried it.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Splurge for an upgraded view. EMH is really nice for DCA park!
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I did quite a bit of research for our almost week long trip to the Disney Parks. Originally was going to stay off property due to the significant difference in cost & ammenities. Have gone to the parks on & off since I was a child and took my two very young kids on their first Disneyland adventure.
Our family went in early May while the crowds were relatively light & the weather was still mild. We did 5 full days with park hopper passes.
Cost of hotel was about 400.00 for 1st night (weekend night ) a little over 300.00 for other 5 nights.

Pros: Magic Mornings every day for being hotel guests
Relatively close walk to hotel for mid day naps
Nice view of CA Adventure from our 12th floor room

Cons: *Disney includes very little with the high cost of the hotel
*Breakfast not included like many other places
*Small rooms (standard 2 queen beds) guessing approximately 300 sq ft.
* Small fridge in room barely worked in keeping things cold
*Bathroom was like a 2 star motel at best (very dingy looking with very dark grout on floors &
Shower walls, wall paper was peeling near mirror which the wood looked like it had rot, rust
On floor screw for door stopper) just overall very disappointing.
*The World of Colors water show was very loud. If you have young kids who go to bed early
(by 9pm) and are an early bird yourself, the rooms facing the parks would not be good.
*we had issues upon check in & check out with the front desk double billing us. No fun with
them tying up our money.

I wanted to right a review that I thought might be helpful as I didn't get to read others that provided a lot of detail & insight into the hotel for our circumstances. Don't get me wrong, overall, I am still a major Disney fan, love the cruises, parks, movies & more. I just didn't think this hotel was worth what we paid. We could have stayed at the Fairfield Inn across the street for the same size room, similar quality, same distance into the parks, for half the price.
Also, the magic mornings considered to be a major perk, only really came in handy for Radiator Springs at CA Adventure. Other than that, because my kids are son young, didn't really get too much out of the hour that really only allowed to get on 2 rides, before normal hours.

All in all, not a good value for what you get.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my second time staying at Disney's Paradise Pier. The least expensive of all Disneyland Resort Hotels, it is really a good deal (relatively speaking for Disney!). The property is clean and close to the parks. Although there is no direct access to the parks, it is close enough to go back to the room for a break. The walk isn't very far at all... a much better option than a good neighbor hotel. It is my understanding that the hotel used to be owned and operated by another company and Disney took it over and remodeled. If you look closely (room doors, etc) it kind of gives it away that it was not always Disney. Nevertheless, our time at Paradise Pier was really nice. Our sink was not draining when we checked in, but upon reporting it, they promptly repaired it....most of the staff was friendly and helpful. The extra magic hour (early admission to the parks) is a big bonus! This hotel is a great option for those who want a Disney experience but without a huge Disney price tag.

Room Tip: The California Adventure view rooms are pricey, but the view is great! You can see the World of Col...
Tracy, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our family of 6 is yearly Disneyland attendees & we usually stay at the Grand California or the Disneyland Hotel, but decided to take a chance on the less expensive Paradise Pier for this trip. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. It has that same Disney sparkle of the other hotels. The rooms and public areas were extremely clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the pool area is great & a nice place to view the fireworks if you're not at the park. All rooms have refrigerators & we made a special request for a microwave in our room & it was there when we got there. Although there is not a direct access to the parks, it is not far to walk through the Grand CA or to the monorail. We would definitely stay here again.

Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Keeping in mind that Paradise pier is the least expensive on-site Disney hotel, we were satisfied with it. The hotel staff is friendly, although a bit bumbling sometimes, and all areas of the hotel are very clean. Laundry services and the business service room are open 24 hours. We had a pool- view room, and the pool is cute, but a lot of the surrounding area is parking lot. The upper level park view rooms have a great view of the world of color show and the big ferris wheel. We decided that it might be worth the extra money to stay in one of those next time, however, being able to see the pool from our room saved us a trip downstairs to check if it was too crowded.
This leads me to my main issue with the hotel: while the room did feel spacious, the hotel areas are too small. When the weather is nice, there are too many people in the pool to enjoy it; it should really be enlarged. Also, at times when traffic is heavy, like when the parks open and close, there is a wait for elevators. The hotel has three elevators, but only two travel down from upper floors. Some people were waiting fifteen minutes or more for an elevator. There is also not a good place in this hotel to grab a quick breakfast before heading to the park. There is a small counter that sells muffins, I think, but it offers no real menu.
We would definitely stay at Paradise Pier again, though. The rooms are cute and include enough room for five without feeling cramped. They also had a little table stored under the desk that rolls around to allow extra table space for coloring or whatever. The downstairs gift shop was large and had lots of fun stuff to look at. We enjoyed the colorful motif of the beach theme, and we didn't mind the short walk across the street and through the Grand Californian to reach the parks. Overall, we liked the hotel, but realized it's just a little too small for the amount of guests it holds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!