Spent 2 nights here in May with my brother on the way back from a business trip to Australia and New Zealand, staying in a concierge level theme park view room, as such for a hotel on Disney property the rate was (for Disney anyway) pretty reasonable (c. $300 per night exc. taxes, resort fees etc.).
The room wa actually really nice, well appointed with good modern facilities, and the view of the California Adventure theme park superb, especially at night. Didn't actually eat at any of the hotel's restaurants but the bars were nice and most of the staff were as you would expect from Disney, very friendly, polite, courteous etc.
So why very good and not excellent, firstly it's not about price (as you expect it when staying at a Disney Hotel), valet parkers were quite frankly awful - left our bags in the back of the car with the trunk open for 20 minutes (ended up having to get them myself even though had said "yes" when asked if I wanted them taken to our room) we're just sat around talking, the pool area is tiny - fine out of season when we were there but during the summer you'd have to be at the pool by about 7am to get a lounger, and, it's quite a long walk from Disneyland - c. 15 minutes (although you can cut through The Grand Californian to get the California Adventure Park) so make sure you've got comfortable shoes on!
Essentially I'd sum up this hotel as "Disney on a Budget", you do get great rooms and the whole Disney experience but next time I'd probably spend a bit more and either stay at The Disneyland Hotel or The Grand Californian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Otel, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim