“Average hotel, convenient location” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1717 S Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #22 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
NJ
“Average hotel, convenient location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night soley to be close to Disneyland and to gain early admittance into the park. The hotel was fine -- nothing special. Felt a bit like an old Crown Plaza with a fresh coat of paint. We didn't use the restaurants because we ate in Downtown Disney. My only complaint about the room is that the shower heads were at chin level (I'm 5'9"), so in order to wash my hair, I had to point the shower head straight out and bend my knees. This is for some reason fairly common in California though. So, this does NOT feel anything like a $350 per night hotel, but we knew it wouldn't - you're paying for the location, and it was great for convenient access to the park -- I don't understand the reviews that said it's a long walk or not that convenient. Cross the street and cut through Grand Californian and you're in Downtown Disney (or Calif. Adventrue), and another couple of minutes walk through Downtown Disney, and you're at the park entrance. 5-7 minutes max total. Much quicker to walk than to try to take the monorail. If you want a really nice hotel, stay at the Grand Californian -- it looked beautiful. If you just want a comfortable bed, convenience and early admittance to the park, save your money and stay here. One thing to note, the park opens at 7 for anyone staying on-property, but we didn't know that only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open from 7-8. Also, what they say about Disney being crowded at Christmastime is true. We went on Saturday 12/22, and by noon, it was a zoo. By 2, all of the lines were 90+ minutes long, and FastPass return times were 9-10 p.m., so that extra hour in the morning really helped.

1,312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Exellent stay. Arrived at 1Oam and our room was ready, thanks Jerry for being so friendly and efficient. Rooms was clean and comfortable. Walking distance to the parks. Excellent stay on the 7th floor with good views of the park. Had meals at the park

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here two nights. Fortunately we were getting a pretty big discount because we know someone who works at Disney - otherwise this review would be a LOT worse. Basically, this is a mediocre hotel. The staff, like all Disney staff, are really nice and attentive. The rooms are clean and decent. But it's nothing special.

And of course the most notable feature was the total lack of water pressure. Showering was like taking a spit bath. And the water was warm at best, and downright cold whenever anyone else nearby was also taking a shower. For some reason it was easier to get hot water by running the tub, so we ended up taking baths instead of showers, which is not really my cup of tea.

The other issue is that - while the view of California Adventure is FANTASTIC - you can hear people screaming on the roller coaster. Basically until closing time. So if you're a light sleeper or going to bed early... this might not be a great place. I use earplugs so it wasn't a big deal.

This is the cheapest of the three Disney hotels, and it shows. However, you do get the perk of early entry. If that's something you're going to take advantage of, Paradise Pier is worth considering. If you want to sleep in, splurge for the Grand Californian or just go stay at some other local hotel - the walking distance is about the same.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My family and I just got back from a week at Disney's Paradise Pier hotel with the Concierge level. First, the hotel itself was fabulous. We were given a Cabana room which is the 3rd floor with an outside patio that has a path to the pool. The room was pretty big compared to the good neighbor hotel rooms at Candy Cane Inn, very clean, 2 queen beds were very comfortable, lots of pillows, good quality amenities (spa shampoo, lotion, mouthwash, body wash), nice sized bathroom, DVD player, desk with laptop (WIFI a little slow) outlet, turn down service (first night with rice crispy treat mickey mouses, the other nights were chocolate Disney coins). The Concierge level was worth the extra money for us. The Concierge clubhouse offered breakfast (assorted cereals, bagels, cream cheese, muffins, danishes, fruit/melon, juice, milk, and a cool espresso maker, assorted coffee syrup for lattes, assorted tea.Soda, juice, and water(need to ask attendant but are eager to give you as many bottles as you want) is always available. After breakfast until 8pm they offer fruit, pb and j premade sandwiches, cookies, assorted chips, pretzels, snack mixes,. Between 4:30-6pm they add beer or wine, a hot dish, assorted cheeses, chocolate covered strawberries, desserts. The food is the same that is offered in the park. The attendants were all very nice and helpful ( will make dining reservations) about the park. The walk to the park is pretty quick about 10 minutes. We looked at the Disneyland hotel and the Grand Californian and thought the Paradise Pier had a more personal feel. We would definitely go back!

Hazelhurst, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was an exciting trip for BFF and I. We had talked for years about trying to do WDW and DL iin one day. Will for my 41st BDay we did it. We hit Epcot Soarin and DHS Tower of Terror the morning of Dec 6th raced to the airport and flight left at 1130 and arrived in Anaheim at 4:30 checking in to Paradise Pier at 530(traffic was terrible) and hit DLA Soarin and Tower of Terror and DL pirates that evening. Exhausted doesn't even describe how we felt but we can say we did it.

Now on to the review: Check-in was a breeze and front desk staff was wonderful. They even gave us a couple of fast passes for my BDay and our journey. They came in handy.

Hotel was nice but nothing to write home about. Clean, friendly and rooms comfortable but for the price it could have been better. We where on the 4th floor facing the pool. Now that I know better I would have requested theme park view and high floor. Live and learn. Was very noise at times from the pool but we where so exhausted that it really didn't bother to much and spent limited time in the room.

2 major downfalls from hotel is no quick service resturants and no soda refill station. Both would have been nice. Yes there are multiple places in the park and DTD but lines very long and would be nice to get something quick at hotel.

Very nice to walk to the parks and no problems with elevator service. Not sure if this is where I'd choose to stay again but won't say "no way" either.

Sorry to say much more enjoy our WDW stays vs DL stays. Mostly because of the crowds and space.

Room Tip: Theme Park View High floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I must say I was impressed with the Paradise Pier. After staying at the Disneyland Hotel, I said I wouldn't go back. The atmosphere was amazing but that was about it. At the Paradise Pier, we had a good view, the rooms were a little bland, but the customer service was excellent. I stayed with my grandmother who has a hard time walking long distances, so they found us a room right next to the elevator. It was a little noisy in the hallway being next to the elevator, but it calmed down around 9 p.m. and was quiet for the rest of the night. The rooms were very clean and passed our cleanliness tests (The Disneyland Hotel did not). It was a nice walk from the hotel through downtown disney and onto the monorail. The price was less than the other Disneyland Hotels, but still more than we will pay every time. We only do these hotels as a treat. The staff was quick and willing to help us with all our needs. If I had the money, I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Vacaville CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was or third stay this year. Our other two stays were great, which is why we decided to stay here again.
Each stay we have booked a conceirge view room.Each time we have gotten a different room on a different floor. We arrived November 14th,2012. The front of the hotel was closed off. You could not walk through the lobby, or out to the parks this way. Our taxi driver dropped us off at the back of the hotel.
The Lobby had a big curtain around it. It was also closed the first day of our stay. There was one family checking in. As a conceirge guest you can check in downstairs or on the second floor in the conceirge lounge. Not knowing if our room would be ready at 12pm we decided to check in downstairs incase we needed to store our suitcases with the bell hop. The cast member who was helping another family said she would be right wth us, which drew the attetion of another cast member further down the counter working on something else. She called us up..She was nice. But, didnt really seem happy to there.A, seemed disapointed when I said we would check in downstairs. She said she saw we were celebrating a 16th birthday. I said Yes, and told her how lucky we were to get an upgrade the last time we were there. She told us they only do upgrades when the hotel is completely booked. And, they arent even close to being booked. I smiled and said thank you. She then spent some time finding us a room.After standing there for about 15 minutesshe told us none were available. Really?? I thought the hotel was empty? She would text us about 3pm-4pm for our room number. Off to the parks we went.
3pm no text, 4pm no text, 5 pm no text. We had a early fight. Tired. Parks were only open to 8pm so we really wanted to settle in and get back to the park. Went back to the hotel..all the way where the parking is to get in. There was a line at the front lobby so we went upstairs, to the conceirge lounge. There was our very friendly disney welcome that we would normally get. I explained the situation, he checked in the computer and although she confirmed our phone number she didnot link it to the system. so.. no call. He apologized, left for a minute and came back and told us that we have been upgraded to a suite. e also gave us two fast passes.
So, conceirge rooms are normally on the 3rd..14th or 15th floor. They are a bit larger and have the advantage of the glass elevator, the glass elevator only goes down on these floors. Views on the 14th/15th floor are really nice. Our room was on the 10th floor. Far corner. View....not so great. The room smaller..but two rooms. Furniture very squished. Two bathrooms were a great plus. Very lacking in pictures and decorations from our previous stays.One lamp that would not turn on. We were getting ready to go back to the park, and the safe is still locked from the previous guests. I called down, they said they would get it.
When we got back from the park, still locked. And, as a conceirge guest you should recieve rice krispy treats on your first night, and a turn down service with chocolate coins. Being that we were not placed on the conceirge floor I think we were forgotten.
I called back down to the front desk toask them to open the safe. I was told we had to be there. I asked about the turn down service and rice krispys. I was told they have not done that for a while. I said we visited it two months and they did. He said we dont anymore. I asked to speak to a manager. She was very nice, she said they still do rise krispy treats, and someone would be up for the safe. There were, coins delievered and 2 rice krispy treats and cookies with ice cold milk were delivered. Nice touch. She called a hour later to make sure everything was alright.
For our entire 4 day stay the glass elevator did not work. And, now I see why everyone always complains about the elevators.The three regular elevators were always full.
Conceirge did not seem worth it this time. Parks closed at 8pm..so did conceirge. So, unless you came back after 5-7pm to eat you missed out on food. Desserts are served 7-8pm On Friday and sat park opened at 7am with early entry, Conceirge didnt open until 630am..and with the elevator problem.. we had time to run in grab a muffin, and hit the stairs to go down.
Also, I noticed if I was present in the conceirge they were very friendly. But, If my 16year old,13 year old came in without me I was told she had a bit of a attitude.Yes,they are boys, Yes they eat a lot. But..3 nights.. $1300. Thats why we would get conceirge so they could eat while in the hotel which, while on this trip was not often.
The positive of this trip was when management seemed to take care of problems well. The negative, I was expecting our stays to be like our prior stays. Chances are we will no be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel? Share your experiences!