We stayed at this hotel during the Disneyland half marathon weekend. We checked in around noon on Thursday and our room was ready. Everything was really clean. The beach ball pillows on each bed were adorable. They included an unobtrusive little card advising guests not to be tempted to take them home unless you wanted to pay $69 for them. LOL.
We had upgraded to the concierge package. That gave us a cabana side room on the 3rd floor with our own walk-out porch, which included a table and chairs inside a gate. If you walked out of the gate, it was only a little ways to the pool. We could sometimes here the guests at the pool, but only if they were super loud or screaming kids. We weren't in our room much, so it didn't matter. There was also a place to get tasty adult beverages while at the pool.
The Concierge package is worth it!! We received access to the concierge lounge, which provided continental breakfast, free drinks and snacks throughout the day, and a wine & cheese tasting every night. The kid could check out up to two DVDs at a time during our stay. The package included a free pin/lanyard set for everyone and preferred seating at several shows in California Adventure (DCA).
This hotel was within walking distance to everything. You could cut through the Grand Californianian to get our own entrance to DCA. There was also a shortcut into Downtown Disney. The backdoor access to DCA also dropped you right in front of the FastPass distribution for the World of Color. Add that to the fact that hotel guests get early access to the parks meant that we were basically the first in line to get WoC tickets. I recommend seeing the show.
My kid got sick one night and we had to call room service to change the sheets and clean up a small mess on the floor. They responded promptly and with a great attitude and took care of us. In less than 20 minutes it was like nothing ever happened.
The PCH Grill downstairs was great. Pricing and basic menu items were similar to a Ruby Tuesday or TGI Fridays. There was also a Mickey character breakfast, but we didn't have an opportunity to experience it.
The only little negative thing I would say is that our room faced DCA, so when World of Color was showing, we could occasionally hear some of the music to the booming of the special effects from the show. It woke us up one night (we had gone to bed early due to the early morning race schedule).
For the kid, there was an enclosed beachy-themed room with chairs where they could sit and watch movies. It was open all day. I frequently saw parents and children hanging out down there watching old Mickey cartoons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, EasyToBook, BookIt.com and Venere so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim