“Another good reason to get off the 91 freeway...” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 764 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Another good reason to get off the 91 freeway...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Had the 50/50 burger and it was so good! Fried egg- Yum! Meat patty-Yum! The bun was..Yum! We also order the caprese burger and vampire dip, both equally delicious. Our type of environment- loud and active.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cleveland, Ohio
“HOLY COW!!! I mean... BACON!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

WOW! You HAVE to eat here. We saw a "bacon" special on tv (travel channel? food network?) And just had to stop there when we were on our honeymoon in southern CA. The beer selection is huge, the burgers are even bigger! We ordered the signature "Slater" burger and ordered another "custom designed" one and split them... FOOD HEAVEN ON A PLATE! Also the dill pickle chips are yummy too. Can't wait to go back... wish there was one here in Cleveland. Oh... I cracked up laughing to find out that it is in a shopping plaza right next to a "Curves" work out place!

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Rosa, California
“Burger Heaven!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

wonderful burgers! Great atmosphere, not for quiet dining though, but who cares when you have your face buried in a fabulous 50/50 burger!! Prices reasonable, staff very friendly!!

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southern Calif
“It's okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

After hearing about this restaurant from friends we decided to give it a try. It is located in a strip mall. There is only so much you can do with that type of setting. There are a lot of tables & people so you really don't notice any tpe of decor. The floor is extremely slippery, I heard others mentioning it as well. Probably from all the bacon grease? The hostesses and servers were all very nice.
Now for the food. We had the Vampire dip which was served in a bread bowl with slices of bread and pita chips. The pita chips were really good, best thing I ate there. Dip was very stringy/cheesy. I did design my own burger with basic toppings, mayo, pickles, lettuce & roasted red bell peppers. The patty is smaller than the bun but thick. There was so much going on with the burger that the flavor of the 50/50 patty was lost, which is unfortunate. We also got the bacon brownie to share. The brownie was great if you left out the bacon.
This resaurant, for me, is a one-timer.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southern IL
“Don't Miss Slaters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

My daughter and I specifically wanted to visit Slaters 50/50 after seeing it on Bacon Paradise on the Travel Channel. My daughter is 10 and it is a bar, but we were there at 6 on a weeknight and it was fine. This was hands down the best burger I have ever eaten! I ordered their signature burger, even though I don't like some of the ingredients by themselves. OMG! I only wish I could go back over and over and try all the different combinations. $50 each way from our hotel by cab but worth every penny. The bill for the two of us? Less than $20. There is nothing anywhere in the place to signify that it was on the travel channel, which suprised me.

• Visited April 2011