“Can't agree with all the glowing reviews :(” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baci di Firenze Trattoria

Baci di Firenze Trattoria
416 N Lakeview Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807 (Anaheim Hlls)
714-282-2220
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 729 Restaurants in Anaheim
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Anaheim Hlls
Orange, California
“Can't agree with all the glowing reviews :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Date night for hubby and I... "Let's try a new place tonight." Trip advisor reviewers usually are very reliable. Not this time. Portions small and poor value. Taste of the food definitely doesnt stack up to similar entrees at the 2 best family owned OC italian eateries (in Orange and in Tustin). Cioppino ($27) was served with clams that were unopened and flavorless, no pasta served along with it. The Pollo Picatta ($18) was a skinless leg and thigh and a palm full of vegetables and potatoes. While the food was edible, we left paying $60 for a spinach salad and those 2 entrees. No alchohol or beverages. and hungry taboot. Waiter more focused on the tables of 6 or more and those who were ordering drinks. 7 minutes from our home in East Orange so not a big deal there. Sometimes trying new places can be a fail.... gotta expect it. But this one was puzzzling as there was not a negative review anywhere. Seemed like a number of regular customers in there who were friendly with the staff. Really was one of the worst dinners weve ever had. Probably wont go back for a second try. Spagetti and meatballs was $16 which seems high... . We have no problem spending money on a nice meal that tastes great and and has nice service. THis was a bust on both accounts. LIttle kids wouldnt be happy here and college kids would leave hungry and the bill would be huge!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
“Phenomenal service, great atmosphere and delicious food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We had the calamari and burrata to start-- delicious, light batter on calamari, fantastic mozzarella on the burrata. For dinner, gnocchi and mushroom ravioli... Both well received. Next time, I will try the meat, probably the veal... This place is worth going back to! Only complaint: they serve the bread sliced and toasted.

Lethbridge, Canada
“Great end to our Anaheim trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went to Baci di Firenze after spending a long day at Knott's Berry Farm. We were seated right away, had excellent service and enjoyed great food. Staff we're quite interactive and very helpful. I will definitely visit again when I'm in the area.

• Visited August 2012
Reno, Nevada
“I only wish we lived closer...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We would eat there at least once a week. Exhausting day at Legoland, we had 8 people with 3 kids. We were greeted like royalty, they took the kids order right away so they could eat and we could relax. The kid's spaghetti was some of the best red sauce I have had and I almost wished I had ordered it. But them the eggplant came out. The eggplant was not breaded and so the subtle flavors came through-I admit to cleaning my plate and mopping up the sauce with bread. The wines were good, the prices incredibly low for the quality of food. My grandaughters fell in love with the man who was our waiter, he charmed them-not easy at age 4. The owner checked in frequently. I can't say enough about this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Great food, great service, great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Our family of four (me, wife and twin 11 year old boys) found ourselves in Anaheim at dinner time and decided to eat at Baci di Firenze based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased that, as usual, the Community here was very reliable.

I would recommend this restaurant to families with kids, couples or groups of friends. The wait staff was very personable and quite attentive. The food (appetizers, entrees and desserts) was great. As mentioned, they are hidden away in a strip mall, but you don't know it once you are inside. Easy on/off of the highway ramp too.