“Absolutely Wonderful Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
mylove829
“Absolutely Wonderful Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

This was my first trip to Disneyland and I actually work for a travel agency and have a high standard for hotel rooms and although this is listed as a 2star hotel it was very nice! The beds were large and comfortable, the bathroom was huge, there was a huge flat screen tv with Direct TV service, microwave with fridge/freezer and a pool. The shuttle to Disney is only 20 steps away! The manager was so nice and friendly and the room was cleaned and restocked everyday! I loved staying here and I will do so in the future! I really recommend this hotel. It's worth more than the money spent!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed at another hotel for 3 nights at a conference for work, that was seriously overpriced! Whe the conference ended, we stayed at the Riviera for 2 more nights. Such a great value-we paid $67 per night. Its very simple but clean. The couple who work there were great-very friendly and helpful. They even let us park our car their after we'd checked out while we went to Disneyland! Great location also, just 2 blocks away from Disneyland and right in front of the Garden Walk, full of restaurants and shops. We would defininitely stay here again if we return to Anaheim.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

This is the dumpiest motel I’ve every stayed at – needless to say I would NOT recommend this motel to anyone. I booked this motel through Hotwire.com.
1) I booked the motel through Hotwire.com. My thought was how could any hotel around Disneyland that is recommended by Hotwire be bad, right? Wrong!! When we pulled into the hotel the guests loitering in the parking lot seemed to live there. They were very shady. The first thing I told my husband is we should have brought a gun for protection.
2) I checked the reviews before arriving to the motel. I saw bad ones, but the management had such nice responses I thought maybe there were just a few bad incidents. Wrong!! I’m sure the management will have nice responses to discount my review, also.
3) The motel was filthy. Don’t consider taking your shoes off when walking around they room. And if you choose to stay here, bring your own towels and sheets.
4) The shower water is cold and did not drain. After shower number 1 we learned that we had to take military showers – water on to wet yourself, water off while you clean yourself, water on to rinse off. After learning this it was easier to take a sponge bath in the sink.
5) Have you ever stayed at a motel without a hair dryer in the room? This is a first for me. I called the front desk and they said they had hair dryers in the storage room in the back, but they couldn’t leave the desk for and 1.5 hours because they were by themselves. When I finally got the dryer (which I had to go down and pick up) it was nasty dirty with grim all over it. I decided having my hair wet wasn’t so bad.
6) The swimming pool is blah!

If you can afford to spend $20 a night for a better quality motel, do it. Don’t risk staying at this Motel. Any quality minded person would be disappointed the Riviera motel. I wish I would have taken pictures of the filth to share with everyone :o( I’m embarrassed to tell anyone where I stayed

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

We have been there for 3 days and we had a very comfortable stay..Owner and his wife are really nice and they helped us in everything..they are really friendlyy....they maintained the room clean and the service is really nice....its walkable distance from disney land and the price is really cool...I would definitely go there again and i would love to recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

Not very nice looking from the outside but rooms are nice and clean and the bathroom was really nice and larger than average. I would recommend this hotel because of the good location (5-7 minute walk to disneyland) and also because of the owner. He was very kind and willing to help with all our needs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

We were a little worried about checking in here after reading some previous reviews. However I can honestly say after an 8 night stay we were very happy here.

The room was clean and comfortable and had everything you could need with the exception of coffee making facilities which would have been nice.

Front desk staff were helpful and the coffee and donuts in the morning were acceptable for a quick bite.

The room rate was terrific value and left us more money to spend on other things. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk to the Disney parks and a number of different restaurants and also a cinema. We caught the transfer bus to Universal studios from the hotel and they had many other trips and tours available.

This is the first time we have been to the states without car hire and it really worked out fine.

Very happy we stayed here and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

We arrived in October for a birthday trip. Booked this hotel because it was cheap and we were on a tight budget. We pulled into the motel parking lot (only big enough for about 12 cars) and were "greeted" by about 30 teenagers. Not regular, sullen teenagers, but scary looking ones. We parked in front of the office door and went in. The owner was nice, said the teenagers there were staying there on some work program (work release?), and that they had chaparones. We didn't see any adults at all. We looked at the room, which was fine, clean and all, but we didn't feel comfortable staying there with those people. If the owner didn't allow people like that to stay there, I think he would have a nice, clean, inexpensive property. We will not chance it again. We went over to the Plaza Inn and they got us in right away. We will never use Expedia again. We were promised a refund as the property was not what was promised, and we have yet to see it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Riviera Motel? Share your experiences!