“I definately do not recommend it..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites

You added Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1126 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Econo Lodge At the Park)   |
Ranked #106 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
“I definately do not recommend it..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011 via mobile

Upon check-in, there was an indian man who was difficult to understand & took over 10mins to stop talking to a friend and assist us. The 1st room we checked into smelled of mold (they had left the door open in attempt to air it out) and the fridge did not close. We asked to change rooms and this time the AC was mussing knobs, found a few bugs, and the fridge was tiny. I not only feel scammed by their pictures (the pool is tiny and dirty aswell) but I will not be going again.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel from Jan 13-17, 2011 during the NAMM convention in Anaheim. The room REEKED of mold, you could see visible mold growing on the ceilings in the bathroom and the bedroom. Then on the first night, I discovered a bedbug in my bed!!! HORROR! I took a picture of it with my iPhone (not the greatest quality image) and killed the bug. Fortunately, I did not see any others during our stay. We kept our suitcases off the floor on the stands that were provided and sanitized EVERTHING when we got home. I reported the mold and the bedbug to the property management and was told "Sorry". I requested a discount for the inconvenience and horrible mold small AND for the fact that I would now have to unpack in the garage at home and fumigate everything before I could bring my personal items back in to the house. I was offered a $36 discount for my trouble. WOWEE.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

My wife and I spent one night with our 10 month-old son in the Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites.

Given the Tripadvisor reviews, I was very pleased with the condition of our room and had a nice one-night stay.

My wife and I would prefer to stay at somewhat inexpensive hotels, so long as they are reasonably clean. We stayed in one of the suite rooms ($63 - only $5 more than the regular room price), so that we would have a separate room to set up the pack-n-play for our 10 -month old son. The furnishings were somewhat worn, but the carpet appeared to be brand new, the mattress seemed new and comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean. The walls were somewhat dinged up and could certainly use painting, but given the cleanliness of the carpet and bathroom - we could not have asked for more for the price. Before visiting, my wife commented that if the room was not clean, we would look elsewhere. She was impressed with the room and we both agreed that the quality and cleanliness for the price was quite good.

My four star cleanliness rating (and all ratings) are ratings based upon the low price of the hotel. (i.e. given the price, the service and cleanliness were quite good - but I would lower these ratings if they were based upon my expectations of a $250/nt hotel)

The owner was extremely pleasent, and even offered to give us some bottled water and snacks for our son for free (packaged apple slices and cereal).

We will stay here again.

We had none of the issues identified in the negative trip advisor ratings.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Eagle Mountain, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I called the Econo Lodge directly to make a reservation. Later, I needed to cancel and I talked to the same man with an Indian accent. He was hard to understand and to add to the frustration, he seemed to not have a grasp of his job though he told me he was the manager. Also, when I called to cancel he told me to call a 1-800 number to "finalize" cancellation and when I did the customer service agent said my confirmation number given to me was not only not valid but 4 digits short. So, I called the manager back of the hotel and he said to call him directly next time to cancel.... What???? Anyway, glad I canceled before I even had to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

Disgusting! And I am no lightweight. I have stayed in better places in rural latin america than this. dirty headboards, filthy chair by desk, dirty floor, transient hot water. DO NOT STAY HERE! This Econolodge is awful. A friend said the other nearest one (in Orange I think) is better.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
slc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Pro's: The people there were nice
Con's: When we turned on the air it smelled like urine-it was so horrible. They charged our credit card for the whole trip the day we got there. We stayed three nights. It was the worst hotel I have stayed in. We had the two room suite which really isn't a suite, very small and the room in back had the worst bed, it felt like two box springs. The bed in the front room was okay. We could hear someone snoring in the next room. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Elk Grove, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

We paid $49 per night for our room – we expected a basic room and that’s exactly what we got. This was an excellent value considering its prime location—it sits right across from Disneyland’s parking lot and is a short walk to the park by cutting through the Grand Californian’s lobby.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They even called 15 minutes after check in to see if our room was okay! They have muffins, coffee and juice in the lobby each morning, quite nice considering the price of the room.

The rooms could use some paint and the furniture was a little beat up, but for $49 a night this was well within reason. The beds were fine and we slept well. Rooms have a mini-fridge, microwave, iron and blow dryer. One thing we did find unacceptable was the complete lack of any heated water between 6am and 8am in the morning… not even lukewarm water came from the taps… absolutely none. Even for $49 a night, we expect a warm shower in the morning.

All in all, we had an okay stay at this property. If I had to do it again, I’d probably pay a little more for an adjacent property that has heated water in the morning. But, if you are on a shoestring budget and don’t have that option, this property will be fine… just take your shower the night before.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Anaheim Discovery Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!