“Two laptops stolen from the advertised "luggage storage" area in office - do not trust them with your valuables!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Anaheim Hacienda Inn & Suites Disneyland

You added Anaheim Hacienda Inn & Suites Disneyland to your Saves list
Anaheim Hacienda Inn & Suites Disneyland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2176 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #109 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Hamilton, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for two nights on the 5th-7th May. We had to wait 1.5 hours to check in, so the guy at the desk said he could store our bags in the office while we went for a walk down the road. When we got back, a new staff member was on duty, and our laptops were both gone from their cases. He said that when he started work the cases were already empty when he moved them from the couch to the floor. The staff member who was working earlier said he had walked out a few times without locking the door to do laundry.

We made a report to the police, and they said that the motel is obviously at fault and that we should talk to them about compensation. The manager who we saw 2 days later was very careful with his answers to our questions about security footage etc, but from what he did say, we suspected that it could have been a staff member. That would sort of make sense - who else would have the time to take the laptops out of their cases, why not just take the cases too?

The manager Henry has not replied to the three emails I have sent him since we left, even after I talked to him on the phone and he said he would email me back. I felt like he was just trying to get rid of me on the phone. I also left a message with a staff member to get the manager to ring or email us, and still haven't heard back. We are very unimpressed with the way Henry has handled this situation - I expected him to be doing all he could to set things right, but instead he has ignored us.

Apart from the laptops, the place was ok for what we paid. The bed was creaky, thin walls, bathroom door didn't shut properly, and one of the towels was dirty when they replaced it the day after we arrived. The outer door was also loose in the doorframe so it didn't feel so secure, but who knows. But for a private room with a desk, tv, fridge, microwave and ensuite, I wasn't too disappointed for the price. Turns out the 3 or 4 blocks from Disneyland that we had read about were really big blocks, so it was still at least a 30min walk, maybe longer. Long enough that I struggled to walk home on sore feet after a 12 hour day at Disneyland. Only $2 for the bus though.

If we hadn't lost $2000 worth of laptops in the process, I would say this place is fine for budget travellers who just needed somewhere to sleep like us. But be warned that the manager is useless, make sure you have travel insurance, and don't trust that your belongings are secure!

Room Tip: We heard a lady asking to move room because her TV didn't work, so if that's important to yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Orangevale, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

So, I pricelined two rooms. We arrived at night and this was a dump. Prostitutes and people living there. I couldn't stay there with my family - $500 wasted as Priceline doesn't issue refunds. The staff acted as if they weren't aware of the prostitutes that were working the motel that night In fact, said they haven't had that problem in a couple months).
I was giving a 3 bedroom suite as a courtesy because all rooms with two beds were taken, I began to walk around the corner and there were no lights up the stairwell. No thanks, we got out of there as fast as we could.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Olivos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Ewwww. My mom & I spent the day at Disneyland & did not arrive until around 11pm. We had previously stayed at the Super 8 (only $10 more, MUCH closer to the park-we walked-and ten times as clean/safe. A great place if you are on a budget) and it was sold out, so our attitude was "let's get the cheapest room we can find & I'm sure it will be fine". It. Was. Not. Since we checked in so late we were just too exhausted to go somewhere else, but here were a few of the complaints:
-We felt so unsafe that we leaned a chair against the door, and yes--someone tried to open it in the middle of the night. So scary.
-The towels in the bathroom were dirty & had sticky stuff on them. I'm not kidding--I have never seen anything like it.
-The beds were terribly uncomfortable
-The light sockets were too sketchy to use-we were afraid of getting electrocuted.

I suppose that we should have been tipped off by how cheap it was-but I booked through Expedia & have found some great deals at perfectly respectable places so many times in the past, that I was not worried about it.

I am not high maintenance by any means. My husband & I camp regularly & often stay at budget-friendly places when on road trips. I can generally find the good spots of any place we stay. I have never written a bad review on trip advisor, in fact, because I really feel that many people in the hospitality industry are working hard & doing their best. And yet--I have been proven wrong by the Hacienda Inn & Suites. Disgusting. Save yourself the time--there are SO MANY hotels/motels in this area offering deals for families going to Disneyland that there is no excuse for this place to still be in business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Room was dirty, plug sockets very dodgy. Would definitely not recommend as a place to stay despite its close lotion to Disneyland. Lower rooms seemed to have permanent residents. Staff were ok once you got talking to them. Was pleased to leave.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
North Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed there this past weekend..oh my gosh, I will never stay there again, give me a cardboard box and I would be happier! We received wet towels in our room, the second bed was never made, we had no hot water for a day. I spoke to a guy, not even a gentleman who pretended to be the manager even though he said the manager was in the middle of something. I explained my disappointment just to get yelled at by this guy! Seriously, we did not spend money to get treated like crap from the "manager" and his staff! Word of warning, do not put yourself or family through what crap this hotel will give you..extremely disappointed with this whole hotel experience!

• Stayed December 2012
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place is perfectly adequate for a budget hotel very close to Disneyland. The room was clean enough, the service was fine, the shower etc was all good, and the price was right.

A couple of minor issues: TV remote didn't work, but the TV did, so not a huge setback. There were a few stains on the duvet, but nothing gross, they were obviously old. The walls are a little thin, so keep it down.

There are a lot of places to eat in the general vicinity, but the neighbourhood gets a little dodgy if you go too far down the road, so beware of that. About 20 minute walk to Disneyland, but there's a bus you can catch if you're lazy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a trip to Disneyland with my 2 sisters and cousin, Very disappointing. The only good thing was that we were able to check in 2 hours prior to "check-in" time, BUT when we checked in, the man at the front desk said we had been "upgraded" to a king bed. We had chosen 2 queens for a reason..WE HAD 4 PEOPLE! After we complained the man said it was the only room left available and due to a convention down the street all hotels were booked. So we thought "okwe're just here to sleep, lets leave our things and go to dland". We do that and when we get back at night it looks like freakin the ghetto and i know the ghetto im from Southside Stockton!! & arriving here at night all we saw were hookers in the parking lot, a big man on the 2nd floor hanging out on the balcony with his shirt off. Right away we call every hotel in the book looking for another room, finally found a best western plus abt 15 mins away, worth it!. (note:we didnt get a refund for that first night, but to get a refund for the second night we had to fight the manager for weeks!). Anyways, hotel was dirty, staff unprofessional, we walked to disneyland and it was the longest walk of my life, reminded me of when i was in crosscountry and was just so tired, beds hard as a rock, bathrooms small and dirty, and after walking around the room with just my socks my feet felt dirty. Oh yeah and "inn and suites?" Its worse then a MOTEL 6.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Anaheim Hacienda Inn & Suites Disneyland? Share your experiences!