We stayed for two nights on the 5th-7th May. We had to wait 1.5 hours to check in, so the guy at the desk said he could store our bags in the office while we went for a walk down the road. When we got back, a new staff member was on duty, and our laptops were both gone from their cases. He said that when he started work the cases were already empty when he moved them from the couch to the floor. The staff member who was working earlier said he had walked out a few times without locking the door to do laundry.
We made a report to the police, and they said that the motel is obviously at fault and that we should talk to them about compensation. The manager who we saw 2 days later was very careful with his answers to our questions about security footage etc, but from what he did say, we suspected that it could have been a staff member. That would sort of make sense - who else would have the time to take the laptops out of their cases, why not just take the cases too?
The manager Henry has not replied to the three emails I have sent him since we left, even after I talked to him on the phone and he said he would email me back. I felt like he was just trying to get rid of me on the phone. I also left a message with a staff member to get the manager to ring or email us, and still haven't heard back. We are very unimpressed with the way Henry has handled this situation - I expected him to be doing all he could to set things right, but instead he has ignored us.
Apart from the laptops, the place was ok for what we paid. The bed was creaky, thin walls, bathroom door didn't shut properly, and one of the towels was dirty when they replaced it the day after we arrived. The outer door was also loose in the doorframe so it didn't feel so secure, but who knows. But for a private room with a desk, tv, fridge, microwave and ensuite, I wasn't too disappointed for the price. Turns out the 3 or 4 blocks from Disneyland that we had read about were really big blocks, so it was still at least a 30min walk, maybe longer. Long enough that I struggled to walk home on sore feet after a 12 hour day at Disneyland. Only $2 for the bus though.
If we hadn't lost $2000 worth of laptops in the process, I would say this place is fine for budget travellers who just needed somewhere to sleep like us. But be warned that the manager is useless, make sure you have travel insurance, and don't trust that your belongings are secure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Inn & Suites is located 3 blocks from Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Downtown Disney, 2 blocks from the Anaheim Convention Center, and minutes from the Honda Sports Center, Angel Stadium, Anaheim Grove, Chrystal Cathedral, Cal State University, UCI Medical Center, and the John Wayne Airport. Most of the rooms at Hacienda Inn & Suites are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves at no additional charge and the hotel offers free HBO Movie channel, free Disney channel, free parking, and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Anaheim Hacienda Inn & Suites Disneyland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anaheim Hacienda Inn And Suites Disneyland
- Anaheim Hacienda Inn & Suites Disneyland Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Hacienda Hotel Disneyland
- Anaheim Hacienda Motel Disneyland