“Great stay! Hope to come again someday” 5 of 5 stars

15% Off
Ranked #59 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Great stay! Hope to come again someday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

After the very mixed and somewhat scary reviews I had read on here about Dolphin's Cove, it was with a bit of trepidation that we arrived and checked in. However, we were using a family member's time share which was saving us quite a bit of money, and honestly I was happy with just a place to sleep at night and hoped it was relatively clean. But I needn't have worried - we had a great stay. The room was clean, modern, and well furnished. The only thing I could nit pick about is that the carpet had a couple of rips in it, but it was clean - no nasty dirty carpet like I read about on here. I did see what may have been a bit of mold in the bathroom, but wasn't a big deal to me. Nothing nasty and gross like others described. And of course having a kitchen was really helpful to help us save money for meals.

The pool was heated and my daughter loved it. Overall a very clean property. I do recommend, as others have, that you get a room with a view overlooking the pool or garden rather than the parking lot. We happened to get this without asking and I really enjoyed the veranda.

The unit does only have AC in the main room and not in the bedroom, but this wasn't an issue for us. We left it on during the evening while we were gone, and by the time we went to bed the room was comfortable (left our bedroom door open to help get air).

We did laugh that the front desk person, while very nice, tried to tell us that catching the free Disney shuttle "was a risk." No issue there. The Toy Story Lot is just around the corner and the buses run constantly. This saved us money. The walk to Disneyland is doable but at the end of the day when your family is tired, not really desirable.

One last thing... didn't experience the customer service issues others described. In fact, we were grateful for their kindness in holding our luggage and letting our family hang out in the pool area after we had to check out at noon and our shuttle didn't come until after 3.

Overall, we had a great experience. We'd stay again!

Room Tip: A room with a view of the garden - the verandas are nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I do my homework and always read reviews when planning vacations, which is what I live for.I love to take my four grandkids to kid friendly places. In July 2012 we stayed at Dolphins Cove to be close to Disneyland and Knotts berry farm. We had a amazing time for a week.
And again this July we stayed at Dolphin's cove, the staff was great, they called to see if everything was o.k. with the room, called to see that we received the roll away bed, very helpful and friendly.The condo is spacious and clean, with a full kitchen.All of us loved the heated pool. I am the type that will check the internet for price and value and that's why we will be back again
Cindy B.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool can hear everyone in the pool area
Acampo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We planned a very special trip to Disneyland with our family of eight, six children, my husband and myself. This was four of our children's first Disneyland trip and the older two hadn't been in eleven years. As a large family we needed an appropriate place to stay with a kitchen where I could cook some of our food, a hotel room wouldn't cut it and two hotel rooms would not only be very expensive but still wouldn't have a full kitchen.

My bad experience with Dolphin Cove started the morning we were leaving home to drive there. I called to ask the staff if they offered any special services as it was my husband's birthday and wanted to have a little surprise waiting for him in the room, which I was happy to pay for. They didn't offer that, which was fine, but my problem was that when I called, they told me that we didn't have a reservation, even though I had a confirmation email and confirmation number from them. If I hadn't called to ask about something for my husband's birthday, we would have arrived and had no reservation!

I was told there was nothing they could do that we just didn't have a reservation and that I had to call the reservation number to get it worked out. It ended up taking me about fourty five minutes on the phone to get it straightened out, so we were 45 minutes late leaving for our trip, not to mention the stress of being told the day we were supposed to arrive that we had no place to stay. Not only that but the staff wasn't at all sympathetic about the situation, all they could say was that it was fine "Not a problem Miss," because they had a place for us to stay.

We arrived very late, around 11:30 at night with six young, tired and hungry children. I had requested a ground level room when I booked the reservation. We got to our room, (or so I thought it was our room,) it was ground level as I had requested. I turned on the living room light and sat on the couch to nurse the baby while my husband and other children dragged all our stuff in. It never crossed my mind to look around because we may not have been given the correct room. Once most of our stuff was in, the children started turning on lights to look around. They asked me where everyone would sleep since there was only one bedroom! I reserved a two bedroom condo, not a one bedroom. We were all so frustrated. My husband had to go back to the front desk and tell them while we all waited.

They gave us a different room, at the opposite end of the complex AND upstairs, so we had to drag all our stuff out of the room we were in (no one from the staff offered to help or offered a luggage trolly,) to the opposite side of the complex and then up the stairs. By now the children were all crying and to say my nerves were on edge is an understatement. Again, no one seemed to care about the mistakes being made, they simply shrugged it off and said, "no big deal, we have a room for you." Hardly even an "I'm sorry sir."

The condo was very hot and stuffy, it was well past midnight and we were so hungry, tired and now sweaty and sticky. The only air conditioner was a wall air conditioner in the living room. We turned it on. It did work well... to freeze out the living room where three of our children were sleeping, but not to cool the two bedrooms which were still so hot that we couldn't sleep well at all. The ones in the living room couldn't sleep either because they were freezing and there wasn't any blankets or sheets for the pull out beds. We were simply to tired to call and try to get them to bring us some.

I got up in the night and gave them our blankets since we couldn't have them on because it was so hot in the bedrooms, even with the covers, they were still really cold. I ended up turning off the air because I was worried they would get sick.

I guess the experiences of our first night with them really left a bad taste in our mouth about the place. Other than the air conditioner problem, the condo itself was spacious, well appointed, clean and had a very well stocked kitchen, all things I did appreciate. It was also the best price I could find anywhere, which was what mostly influenced our decision to stay with Dolphin Cove.

My dad came to visit us for two days and stayed in the Grand Californian Disneyland hotel, we spent most of our time over there when we weren't in the park. I really appreciated the amazing customer service and all the little extras they offer. Of course we'd have never been able to afford staying there ourselves, however my dad did get us a suite there for our last two days. To the credit of Dolphin Cove, because of our bad experience with them, they did allow us to get out of our reservation and refunded two days of our money when we checked out early.

We left two items in the condo, which we figured out the same day we checked out and went to the Grand Californian. We called and were told they weren't there. I knew they were, I even knew exactly where they were but was told I wouldn't be permited to go back and get them, they insisted they weren't there but would call us if they were found. They never called. I called them three times the first two times being told they weren't there and finally the third time, being told they were found and they could mail them back at our cost. Fine, we wanted them back. Almost two weeks passed and still they didn't come in the mail. I called back today and was told they were sitting at the front desk and they didn't know who's they were or what they were doing there! SIGH! I gave them our mailing address, AGAIN, and hopefully they actually sent them out this time. They did say they woudl do it at no cost because of the hassle.

Funny thing was, I was talking to my sister the other day telling her about our trip. I told her we stayed in a condo not to far from Disneyland but weren't happy with the place. Guess what she said?! She's someone that goes to Disneyland at least twice a year (I should have asked her where to stay.) She said, "I bet it was Dolphin Cove where you stayed!" HOW DID YOU KNOW?! My other sister had a time share there and they had stayed there together many times because of the good prices and spacious rooms but said they were never happy with the place and they had TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! There you have it.

Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Staff is professional and very friendly. This is well worth the price! At 7am there were kids running the halls and screaming. The front desk took care of it right away and were very kind. Internet was slow and not very usable. I can complain at all they met and exceeded every part of our visit! Thank you for making part of our honeymoon so wonderful!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have a family of 6 and stayed here comfortably. The bedroom had a king size bed and living room had a hide-a-bed. The pool and hot tub were clean and not very many people were using them. It was close to Disney. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a nice place to stay, I would recommend asking for a room facing the pool or garden otherwise you face the parking lot. The front desk was nice and always helpful. Pool was clean. My only complaints were that bathroom gets pretty musty and hot and the AC is in the living area so you don't have any in the master bedroom, to me the size of the room and having a full kitchen made up for it.

• Stayed June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My very sweet parents got us a room here for a girls trip to Disney. Beyond excited we hopped on our plane to our 4 days with Mickey!!! Upon arrival we were less than impressed. The mini mart was across the street with bars on the windows.... The resort is located on the wrong edge of the "safe" Disney bubble. We were told the resort offered a shuttle, but be aware it is the ART bus, and one block over... The resort host was nice, but wanted to chat way longer than we did. They held our bags for us while we dashed to Disney, but when we arrived to go to our room the door to where our bags were was wide open. In fact my friend went & grabbed them they never checked our tags to be sure they were in fact ours. That did not feel like they were safely stored. Shrugging it off we went to the room 806.... if you get this room run away. Upon arrival we smelled "something," but exhausted from our day we went to sleep the next morning noticed something under the toe kick in the kitchen... yeah uh black mold! After one more night in that room I was sicker than a dog. I called the front desk asking to be moved because if the mold.... They said in the kitchen, SERIOUSLY! If you know there's mold don't rent out the room!!!!!! They moved us to a new unit, but we wasted at least an hour doing this. I hope my parents get a refund, because this place is a nightmare. Beware of mold in this place! Also the mattress on the sleeper sofa is a joke. They did give us a roll away bed free of charge.. Shouldn't that go without saying if the bed they provide is awful? They did their best to make our check out as nice as possible, but shouldn't they try more to make the stay nicer and mold free... Disney with mold allergy issues loses its pixie dust. :( I was sick for a month.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor... NO elevators at this resort. AVOID room 806!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends